Payslip printing problems

Payslip printing problems

Postby DblD » Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:30 am

Hi,

Still i have not managed to print my payslips form EL. Every time one makes an attempt the printer pulls in the slip and than flashes cartridge and paper lights.

I have attempted to change any possible setting i could think of:
1) Print orientation
2) Document paper size
3) document margins

But all to no avail.

I' using WinXP sp2, HPDeskJet 5743.

What I did notice is this, if one loads regular A4 paper it prints the payslip test, but it mixes the orientation portrait is printed in landscape and vice versa. It still fails every time when payslips are loaded.

I'm stumped :wand: , any assistance appreciated.
DblD

Postby stan » Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:23 pm

some hints:

* make sure that your printer can actually print to a small-sized paper, there might be some hardware limitations
* load the playslip into the printer with its longer side up
* print to a plain A4 paper first to check what the printing settings should look like (portrait / landscape).
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby DblD » Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:55 am

[quote=stan]
some hints:

* make sure that your printer can actually print to a small-sized paper, there might be some hardware limitations
[/quote]
Yes printer can print all paper sizes, it prints same payslips form alternative lottery applications.

[quote=stan]
* load the payslip into the printer with its longer side up
[/quote]
Not quite shore what longer side up means. one can only load paper in portrait orientation.

[quote=stan]
* print to a plain A4 paper first to check what the printing settings should look like (portrait / landscape).
[/quote]
On A4 paper it prints in ether orientation.

I'm :listen: for suggestions.
DblD

Postby stan » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:05 am

so can you try a test print out to a playslip, can the results and email it to me?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Simple but obscure.

Postby DblD » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:54 am

Ok chaps, very simplistic problem but somewhat obscure.

Seams that there is some issues when printing to specific size paper. The link below describes problem with printing envelopes from MS word, but it gave a me a hint in right direction:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/docu ... 479&dlc=en

The HP drivers attempt to check the paper when paper setting is set to Auto Detect. Setting this to Normal skips the check and prints to whatever is in the tray.

Even though one can print slips perfectly now, one thing is still confusing me. In order to get the orientation right I had to select landscape, even though the paper is feed in portrait orientation. :rolleyes:

Be that as it may there must be some simple explanation, for now its printing and we leave it that way.

Stan thx for ur help. :-D
DblD

Return to Anything Else