Declining Public Interest in Lotto's

Declining Public Interest in Lotto's

Postby Bobijohn » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:03 pm

The Houston Chronicle ran a front page article yesterday referencing the lack of interest in the Texas Lotto jackpot which now stands at $73 million -- going on to say that only $1.3 in tickets had been sold for the latest drawing.

It also goes on to say that other states are also facing a decline in Lottery sales in general.

As far as Texas is concerned, I can say that I have noticed a dramatic decline in second tier payouts over the past year for all 3 of our Lotto's. They are about one half to 60% of what they were a year ago.

I am wondering if this is just due to the low payouts in Texas or are other players in this forum noticing the same trend. Feedback is most welcome.

Here is the link to the newspaper article. It is too long to post here.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/met ... 86375.html
Bobijohn

Postby Clem9403 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:20 pm

I must agree! Although the article mentions this, the reason (especially in Texas) is because they are making it harder for people to win! And with all of these pretest they do, someone with a 'strategy' has little or no chance! I think in Texas they do at least 5 pretests before they do the live drawing! I will be in the Houston area this weekend and I plan on playing the TEXAS TWOSTEP, but I'm not going to get too excited about it.
Clem9403

Return to Anything Else