Lost it all.

Lost it all.

Postby PadawanLotto » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:03 pm

I just purchased a new printer and had some problems installing the drivers. The printers USB driver clashed with my external HD drivers and caused my computer to work at a snails pace. I had to do a complete system reset to get everything to work again but it seems that all of my drives were affected and I couldn't backup any of my files as I had no access to any of my drives other than the C:/ drive. So, I lost everything, this time I'm going to setup my external HD to store all of my files on.
PadawanLotto

Postby CSenior » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:10 am

[quote=PadawanLotto]
I just purchased a new printer and had some problems installing the drivers. The printers USB driver clashed with my external HD drivers and caused my computer to work at a snails pace. I had to do a complete system reset to get everything to work again but it seems that all of my drives were affected and I couldn't backup any of my files as I had no access to any of my drives other than the C:/ drive. So, I lost everything, this time I'm going to setup my external HD to store all of my files on.
[/quote]

Sorry to hear that! The same scenario happened to me a few years back but an IT friend reminded me to boot the system in DOS and load up my CDRW drivers. Long story short, I was spared the loss of my work and got to burn it all on few CDs.

I currently back-up all on two external USB hard drives.
CSenior

Postby sysp34 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:35 pm

[quote=PadawanLotto]
[/quote]

Padawan Lotto

sorry to hear that? WinXP required "good" hardware. so any hardware should be match in WinXP criteria.

i had different problem in my friends computer everytime i plug external hardware XP recognized it but the folder won't show up. after strugling 24 hours finally i found the problem, it was jumper setting on motherboard
default setting was 5VSB (5 volt StandBy) while external harddrive need 5VB (5 Volts)

it seem the problem was on the USB, i think your printer is USB 2.0 the same with External Harddrive.

well to "know" if your voltage enough to run you may check bios setup - hardware monitor. see if 5 V supply excess +/- 0.2 or 0.3 if the voltage "equal to 5 V" your computer will run slowly at the end will crashed.

btw you could backup your files if your harddrive not reformatted. use other computer and plug your harddrive as secondary master or primary/secondary slave.

good luck
sysp34

Return to Anything Else