Simulation Shock!

Postby PadawanLotto » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:53 pm

[quote=stan]
[quote=PadawanLotto]
[quote=PadawanLotto]
I haven't ever looked into pairs, triplets, and I don't have the quads plugin.
[/quote]
I installed quads plugin and found it interesting and found that I can't run it twice without clearing memory. Interesting that there are 35 combinations for each quad and 5 quads for each drawing. More research :finger:
[/quote]

what do you mean by 'clearing memory'?
[/quote]

Either freeing up memory at the bottom right of the screen or restarting EL.
PadawanLotto

Postby stan » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:17 pm

[quote=PadawanLotto]
[quote=stan]
[quote=PadawanLotto]
[quote=PadawanLotto]
I haven't ever looked into pairs, triplets, and I don't have the quads plugin.
[/quote]
I installed quads plugin and found it interesting and found that I can't run it twice without clearing memory. Interesting that there are 35 combinations for each quad and 5 quads for each drawing. More research :finger:
[/quote]

what do you mean by 'clearing memory'?
[/quote]

Either freeing up memory at the bottom right of the screen or restarting EL.
[/quote]

ok, that's alright then. once you sort out the problem with -Xmx switch you shouldn't need this anymore
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby PadawanLotto » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:52 pm

Another thing that I did to save memory was to go into statistics options and turn off some of the stats tables that I don't use.
PadawanLotto

Postby PadawanLotto » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:29 pm

[quote=CSenior]
CARBOB, No you are right. There are many combos and I have said this before but creating a filter to keep all combinations that end with one ticket from columns -5,-6, & -7 will yield the jackpot ticket at an 85% success rate which then will need further filtering using the Statistics tab and other filters. Now what I have found is combinations from column -5 are < -6 and -6 are < -7. But the most interesting of all is column -4 which usually shows a single jackpot ticket combination (with fewer combinations) about once a month. Doing any of these workouts to flush out the single ticket in any column manually is very time consuming. Hopefully this summer I plan to dedicate a full week (my vacation) to doing some manual workouts. If you can help with an excel workout I would be very appreciative. Thanks!
[/quote]
Prefilter the full package before running through the column segments may save having to go all the way to -6 or -7. You are still going to have a lot of combinations but you have already filtered for the commons. You would be able to choose the single segment combinations for columns 0 thru -4 and use all of the segment combinations left in column -5.
I still think that some sort of number reduction strategy is a good idea if I could come up with one.
PadawanLotto

Postby CSenior » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:30 am

[quote=PadawanLotto]
[quote=CSenior]
CARBOB, No you are right. There are many combos and I have said this before but creating a filter to keep all combinations that end with one ticket from columns -5,-6, & -7 will yield the jackpot ticket at an 85% success rate which then will need further filtering using the Statistics tab and other filters. Now what I have found is combinations from column -5 are < -6 and -6 are < -7. But the most interesting of all is column -4 which usually shows a single jackpot ticket combination (with fewer combinations) about once a month. Doing any of these workouts to flush out the single ticket in any column manually is very time consuming. Hopefully this summer I plan to dedicate a full week (my vacation) to doing some manual workouts. If you can help with an excel workout I would be very appreciative. Thanks!
[/quote]
Prefilter the full package before running through the column segments may save having to go all the way to -6 or -7. You are still going to have a lot of combinations but you have already filtered for the commons. You would be able to choose the single segment combinations for columns 0 thru -4 and use all of the segment combinations left in column -5.
I still think that some sort of number reduction strategy is a good idea if I could come up with one.
[/quote]

Thanks PadawanLotto! Sometimes I am like a horse with blinders on and see only one path! LOL!
CSenior

Postby Clem9403 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:45 am

I'm with you Padawan. Number reduction is the key. I too have been working on trying to come up with a strategy to do this.
Clem9403

Postby PadawanLotto » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:10 pm

I tried prefiltering before making segment choices and it seems to work for odd/even, sum range, successive numbers but not stddev. I made segment choices till I got down to 4 to 10 combinations in -4 or -5 and checked the package stats and found combinations that didn't meet the pre-set stddev range. I know some don't like to use the stddev but I do sometimes.
PadawanLotto

Postby alland » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:37 am

[quote=CSenior:1205102877]
CARBOB~ Thanks! Yes, I continue to study this as TAX and myself think it is the most promising way to filter aggressively while maintaining the jackpot!

In my studies for 5/36 with default segments (6/12) it continues to produce a single jackpot ticket in columns -5, -6, & -7 with an 85% success rate.

Now I only hope Stan can program this on the backend of EL someday so we all will have great :-D 's

CSenior
[/quote]

would the default segment affect where the jackpot ticket falls,in columns -5, -6, & -7
alland

Postby CSenior » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:59 am

[quote=alland]
[quote=CSenior:1205102877]
CARBOB~ Thanks! Yes, I continue to study this as TAX and myself think it is the most promising way to filter aggressively while maintaining the jackpot!

In my studies for 5/36 with default segments (6/12) it continues to produce a single jackpot ticket in columns -5, -6, & -7 with an 85% success rate.

Now I only hope Stan can program this on the backend of EL someday so we all will have great :-D 's

CSenior
[/quote]

would the default segment affect where the jackpot ticket falls,in columns -5, -6, & -7
[/quote]

If you change the default to something like 7/7 yes is will push out your columns to probably -9 or -10 for a single ticket.
CSenior

Postby PadawanLotto » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:00 pm

[quote=alland]
[/quote]
I wouldn't think it would matter what the segment defaults are set at as far as the jackpot ticket falling within -5, -6, and -7.
PadawanLotto

Postby alland » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:04 pm

[quote=PadawanLotto]
[quote=alland]
[/quote]
I wouldn't think it would matter what the segment defaults are set at as far as the jackpot ticket falling within -5, -6, and -7.
[/quote]

how can you tell, i am running on others "hearsay" , how can i see for myself
alland

Postby PadawanLotto » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:22 pm

[quote=alland]
[quote=PadawanLotto]
[quote=alland]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Hours and hours of back testing! I wouldn't use a segment default of 7/7 or 10/10 as you create a false 0 in your segments and this will result in more combinations. Make a copy of the past drawn segment patterns with one setting, copy the past drawn segments with another setting and so on then start testing them out.
PadawanLotto

Postby alland » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:58 pm

[quote=PadawanLotto]
[quote=alland]
[quote=PadawanLotto]
[quote=alland]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Hours and hours of back testing! I wouldn't use a segment default of 7/7 or 10/10 as you create a false 0 in your segments and this will result in more combinations. Make a copy of the past drawn segment patterns with one setting, copy the past drawn segments with another setting and so on then start testing them out.
[/quote]

i have been testing 7/7 because there are less segments to choose from , though i do understand what you are saying and will probaly revert back to 6/12 or another setting that splits evenly.

could you give me a brief description of how to back test to find where jackpot tickets fall. i dont mind doing the work , just dont know how to do it.
alland

Postby PadawanLotto » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:26 pm

Save a copy of the past drawings segment patterns and then skip the last drawing. Go into the Statistics page and load a full package and calculate stats for WNH Segments. Starting with column 0 highlight the segment for column 0 from the last drawing and click filter Leave calculate stats and do the same thing for columns -1, -2, -3, -4, -5, -6, and -7 if you even get that far.
PadawanLotto

Postby alland » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:33 pm

[quote=PadawanLotto]
Save a copy of the past drawings segment patterns and then skip the last drawing. Go into the Statistics page and load a full package and calculate stats for WNH Segments. Starting with column 0 highlight the segment for column 0 from the last drawing and click filter Leave calculate stats and do the same thing for columns -1, -2, -3, -4, -5, -6, and -7 if you even get that far.
[/quote]

cheers , i will get started.
better get another beer!!
alland

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Else