WNH Segments in Statistics

Postby lottoboy » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:24 am

Hi, Stan and All my friends:

I got it!!! My EL is working for me now!!!!! Thanks for your sincere and detail help again!!!!

But I still have some questions about my new downloads:

1) I’m not sure why the Java: jre-6u14-windows-x64.exe doesn’t work for my EL. I have to download the Java: jre-6u13-windows-i586-p-iftw.exe again.

2) It works fine when using my License file to activate the free EL edition to Pro. But it doesn’t work and the information appears on the screen (see the attachment) after downloading the JP version. Then, I begin to check every thing for the problem…. Finally, I find there are two line words in the new “app.propertiesâ€￾ and the EL program begin to work well after I copying my old “app.properties" to replace the new one.

But I’m not clear why and what's happen in the future for my EL running by this copy??

3) Can I copy my old folder of “Pluginsâ€￾ to replace the new one instead downloading Joe’s plugins one by one from EL website again?

Any troubles about my copy please let me know. Thanks.

Best,
lb
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lottoboy

Postby lottoboy » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:31 am

[quote=Savage_Rottweiler]
Lottoboy you do have Vista, I just checked out one of your screen shots, I should have checked that out earlier.
[/quote]

Hi, Savage_Rottweiler:

Thanks for your very nice and carefull attention again!!!!

Best,
lb
lottoboy

Postby lottoboy » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:46 am

The below is my new “app.propertiesâ€￾

#Expert Lotto Properties
#Tue Jun 02 13:02:25 EDT 2009
lottery.default=ExperLotto6/49

The below is my old “app.propertiesâ€￾

#Expert Lotto Properties
#Tue Jun 02 13:22:45 EDT 2009
application.look_and_feel=com.jgoodies.looks.plastic.PlasticXPLookAndFeel
show_memory_meter=true
lottery.default=lotto_ny
proxy.username=
proxy.set=false
PlasticPlugin.installed=true
show_print_options=true
proxy.password=
proxy.host=
print.table.scale=75
multithreading.filter.threads=4
proxy.port=
proxy.usepassword=false

Now I have copied the old one to replace the new one and my EL begin to work now! Why? I don't know.
Any error about my old “app.propertiesâ€￾ above, please let me know asap. Thanks.
lottoboy

Postby Viking » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:46 am

Hi Lottoboy,

To me there seems to be something wrong with your new app.properties file and you need an answer from Stan on that. Your old version is almost identical to mine.

Have you tried to install the jre-6u14-windows-i586.exe (this is the file I recommended to install earlier) who is a newer version than your jre-6u13-windows-i586-p-iftw.exe.

This is what I think about the Java versions, but I may be wrong. The reason why jre-6u14-windows-x64.exe doesn't work for EL is because it's a 64-bit version, but you should have it installed because your OS is 64-bit. EL is a 32-bit program and needs 32-bit Java installed like jre-6u14-windows-i586.exe. I can't test this because my OS is 32-bit.

I also advice you to do the Vista update explained to you earlier. Link to Windows update site http://www.update.microsoft.com/.

Viking
Viking

Postby stan » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:07 pm

you didn't listen to my advice to install expert lotto to "c:expertlotto" which is the preferred location on windows vista. if you install the application to program files you'll have problems with vista's 'user acces control' - that's why you're getting access denied messages.

there's nothing wrong with your computer or with your windows. you don't have to contact dell nor pay anything extra for any kind of support service.

read my previous post again and pls follow it to the letter.

there might be a problem with 32/64 bit version of java. from the screen shots it seems you've installed 64bit version of java runtime. which is fine however expertlotto.exe is a 32bit version and i think it might be looking for 32bit version of java. i can't verify at the moment though. so i recommend installing http://javadl.sun.com/webapps/download/ ... leId=29219 if you haven't done so already.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby MartinMan » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:56 pm

Lottoboy,
Stan and Viking are right. I had the same problem when I installed 64bit Java SDK. I didn't think I would need the 32bit version of Java runtime, but I did.
I could see from your screenshot that you had 64bit installed. It installs to Program files. The 32bit version installs to Program files(x86). You also need to install EL to just C:ExpertLotto. You will be OK then. Don't install EL to C:Program files. That is where Vista installs 64bit programs.

Regards,
Martin
MartinMan

Postby lottoboy » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:03 pm

[quote=Viking]
Hi Lottoboy,

To me there seems to be something wrong with your new app.properties file and you need an answer from Stan on that. Your old version is almost identical to mine.

Have you tried to install the jre-6u14-windows-i586.exe (this is the file I recommended to install earlier) who is a newer version than your jre-6u13-windows-i586-p-iftw.exe.

This is what I think about the Java versions, but I may be wrong. The reason why jre-6u14-windows-x64.exe doesn't work for EL is because it's a 64-bit version, but you should have it installed because your OS is 64-bit. EL is a 32-bit program and needs 32-bit Java installed like jre-6u14-windows-i586.exe. I can't test this because my OS is 32-bit.

I also advice you to do the Vista update explained to you earlier. Link to Windows update site http://www.update.microsoft.com/.

Viking
[/quote]

Hi, Viking:

Thanks for your sincere advices!!!

I will tell Stan about my operation of download in detail and please him help me find my wrong on that.

I understand the reason completely now. Thanks a lots, Viking! I will delete my all current Java in my PC and download jre-6u14-windows-i586.exe again.

I’m still not clear my Vista update. My current OS is Vista Home Premium and next Version of Vista should be Ultimate. Do you means that I need to update my current Home Premium to Ultimate? I’m so sorry for the confusion.

Best,
lb
lottoboy

Postby lottoboy » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:53 pm

[quote=stan]
you didn't listen to my advice to install expert lotto to "c:expertlotto" which is the preferred location on windows vista. if you install the application to program files you'll have problems with vista's 'user acces control' - that's why you're getting access denied messages.

there's nothing wrong with your computer or with your windows. you don't have to contact dell nor pay anything extra for any kind of support service.

read my previous post again and pls follow it to the letter.

there might be a problem with 32/64 bit version of java. from the screen shots it seems you've installed 64bit version of java runtime. which is fine however expertlotto.exe is a 32bit version and i think it might be looking for 32bit version of java. i can't verify at the moment though. so i recommend installing http://javadl.sun.com/webapps/download/ ... leId=29219 if you haven't done so already.
[/quote]

Hi, Stan:

Thanks for your very nice, detail and prompt advices!!!

My mistake maybe comes from the place I downloaded my EL.
Indeed, I downloaded the Free Version of Windows Vista into my
C disk and made sure the destination directory is C:ExpertLotto by your instruction first.

But I cut and pasted it into Program Files by way of Downloads as original operation in my old PC with Windows XP Pro next.

I’m not sure if my EL must be downloaded into C: ExpertLotto instead C:Program FilesExpertLotto for Windows Vista? In other words, I need to keep my EL in the place: C:ExpertLotto always and shouldn’t cut and paste it into the place: C:Program FilesExpertLotto again since my OS of new PC is Vista but XP. Is it correct? If so, is it safe?

I’m so sorry for the confusion and my poor knowledge of Windows.

I will try to download the Java again following your link. Also, try to download jre-6u14-windows-i586.exe as Viking told me. Maybe the both Java are same thing.

Thanks for your sincere help again!!!

Best,
lb
lottoboy

Postby lottoboy » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:06 pm

[quote=MartinMan]
Lottoboy,
Stan and Viking are right. I had the same problem when I installed 64bit Java SDK. I didn't think I would need the 32bit version of Java runtime, but I did.
I could see from your screenshot that you had 64bit installed. It installs to Program files. The 32bit version installs to Program files(x86). You also need to install EL to just C:ExpertLotto. You will be OK then. Don't install EL to C:Program files. That is where Vista installs 64bit programs.

Regards,
Martin
[/quote]

Martin,

I see. I will correct my all errors in the operation of download.

Indeed, not only I can run my EL successfully but I learned a lots about the Windows and Java under all friends' sincere advices.

Thanks millions, all my friends!!!!

Best,
lb
lottoboy

Postby Viking » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:40 pm

Hi Lottoboy,

It's good to see you got EL up and running.

The Java file Stan refers to in his link jre-6u13-windows-i586-p-s.exe is the newest official released 32 bit Java version and the one I refer to is an even newer 32 bit version but it is not official released yet. I use it on my PC and it works just fine.

When I advise you to update your Vista OS I don’t mean you must buy a new OS. Let’s say the current version of EL today is 4.5.5 and Stan release version 4.5.6 tomorrow. When you download and install version 4.5.6 tomorrow you are doing an update. Checking for an update on OS or other programs on your PC should be done regularly.

Use this link to download the updates http://www.update.microsoft.com/. I assume the update site look almost the same in Vista as in XP. One button is called Express and another is called Custom. I recommend you to use the Custom button. Some seconds after this button is pressed you will see a site with what you can download at the left side of the screen. Start to download Service Pack 2 and continue with the update to there are nothing more to download. I assume you must use the download link above several times to get there.

Be aware of that the version Stan links to don’t support Service Pack 2, but both mine do (download with link in previous post). I recommend you to install both 32 and 64 bit Java versions because your OS is 64 bit and you have 32 and 64 bit programs on your PC.

Viking
Viking

Postby lottoboy » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:41 pm

[quote=Viking]
Hi Lottoboy,

It's good to see you got EL up and running.

The Java file Stan refers to in his link jre-6u13-windows-i586-p-s.exe is the newest official released 32 bit Java version and the one I refer to is an even newer 32 bit version but it is not official released yet. I use it on my PC and it works just fine.

When I advise you to update your Vista OS I don’t mean you must buy a new OS. Let’s say the current version of EL today is 4.5.5 and Stan release version 4.5.6 tomorrow. When you download and install version 4.5.6 tomorrow you are doing an update. Checking for an update on OS or other programs on your PC should be done regularly.

Use this link to download the updates http://www.update.microsoft.com/. I assume the update site look almost the same in Vista as in XP. One button is called Express and another is called Custom. I recommend you to use the Custom button. Some seconds after this button is pressed you will see a site with what you can download at the left side of the screen. Start to download Service Pack 2 and continue with the update to there are nothing more to download. I assume you must use the download link above several times to get there.

Be aware of that the version Stan links to don’t support Service Pack 2, but both mine do (download with link in previous post). I recommend you to install both 32 and 64 bit Java versions because your OS is 64 bit and you have 32 and 64 bit programs on your PC.

Viking
[/quote]

Hi, Viking:

I have updated my OS to IE8, Service Pack 2 and other important or recommended
Windows systems now. Also, I have changed my Java to jre-6u14-windows-i586.exe (see the attachment). Now my EL Program is successfully running I think.

In addition, could you let me know how can I make a website link on the post as you did like that: http://www.update.microsoft.com/?

Thanks for your sincere and great advices again!!!!

Best,
lb
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lottoboy

Postby lottoboy » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:15 pm

Hi, Stan:

I just removed my EL from Program Files to C disk instead un-install and download EL again. Is it right? Also, I have downloaded the Version of Java: jre-6u14-windows-i586.exe. into my new PC. Now my EL seems to run successfully.

But I’m still concerned about my three operations:

1) I just copied my old “app.propertiesâ€￾ in my old PC to replace my new “app.propertiesâ€￾ appeared in my EL package after new downloading for my new PC. Is it correct even the program begin to work? If I need to make new download of EL for getting my new and correct “app.propertiesâ€￾ again instead just make copy from my old one?

2) I copied my old folder of “Pluginsâ€￾ in my old PC to replace the new one instead downloading Joe’s plugins from EL website one by one again. Is it correct even my EL seems to work well now? If I need to make new download of Plugins from EL Website again?

3) My EL package is in C disk instead in Program Files of C disk as my old PC now. Is it safe?

Thanks for your sincere help again!!!

Best,
lb
lottoboy

Postby Viking » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:13 am

[quote=lottoboy]
Hi, Viking:

I have updated my OS to IE8, Service Pack 2 and other important or recommended
Windows systems now. Also, I have changed my Java to jre-6u14-windows-i586.exe (see the attachment). Now my EL Program is successfully running I think.

In addition, could you let me know how can I make a website link on the post as you did like that: http://www.update.microsoft.com/?

Thanks for your sincere and great advices again!!!!

Best,
lb
[/quote]

Hi Lottoboy,

It seems to me that you don't need an advice on how to make a website link in a post, you did it by yourself in the post asking how to do it.

The way to do it is as follows. One way is to highlight the web address in the address bar in your web browser, right click over the highlighted address, choose copy and paste it in your post where you want it. Another way is right click over a link in the web browser window, choose copy shortcut and paste it in your post where you want it.

Hope this helps.

Viking
Viking

Postby lottoboy » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:59 am

Hi, Viking:

I got it!!! Thank you so much!!!

Best,
lb
lottoboy

Postby stan » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:20 pm

[quote=lottoboy:1244063723]
Hi, Stan:

I just removed my EL from Program Files to C disk instead un-install and download EL again. Is it right? Also, I have downloaded the Version of Java: jre-6u14-windows-i586.exe. into my new PC. Now my EL seems to run successfully.

But I’m still concerned about my three operations:

1) I just copied my old “app.propertiesâ€￾ in my old PC to replace my new “app.propertiesâ€￾ appeared in my EL package after new downloading for my new PC. Is it correct even the program begin to work? If I need to make new download of EL for getting my new and correct “app.propertiesâ€￾ again instead just make copy from my old one?
[/quote]
that's the file where expert lotto keeps your settings and preferences which are applicable to all lotteries. it's safe to delete that file if you experience any problems to reset the application to its default state (as if after fresh install)
it should be ok to copy app.properties file from your old computer to the new install folder.

2) I copied my old folder of “Pluginsâ€￾ in my old PC to replace the new one instead downloading Joe’s plugins from EL website one by one again. Is it correct even my EL seems to work well now? If I need to make new download of Plugins from EL Website again?

that's correct

3) My EL package is in C disk instead in Program Files of C disk as my old PC now. Is it safe?

it's needed on windows vista to avoid problems with 'user access control' and it is safe
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Winning Numbers History