THE FUNCTION OF PREVIEW

THE FUNCTION OF PREVIEW

Postby lottoboy » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:39 am

Hi, Stan:

I’m not sure if the phenomenon from the button of “PREVIEWâ€￾ in WNH Filters
is correct?

For example, the Failed #s are 8769222 on the HD Filter page which should be the Tickets Filtered out shown on the left corner on the bottom of main page when I click the button of PREVIEW in the setting of Leave for 0 Col. and 12-12 HDs (see the attachment).

But the Failed #s become the Tickets Left in the Package when I clicked the button of Preview by using the setting: Remove. Please see my next post and the attachment.
Is it correct?

Best,
lb

(The attachment is wrong, sorry for the confusion.Please see the next post.)
lottoboy

Postby lottoboy » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:52 am

Sorry, I'm not sure how can I delete my post. So, I have to post another one which have the correct attachment.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lottoboy

Postby lottoboy » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:55 am

Hi, Stan:

For the same game, same date, same filter, the Failed #s are 18278792 on the HD Filter page which still should be the Tickets Filtered out shown on the left corner on the bottom of main page when I click the button of PREVIEW in the setting of Remove for 0 Col. and 1-1 HDs (see the attachment). But the Failed #s (18278792) become the Tickets Left in the Package instead the Tickets Filtered out. Why? Is it correct?

I’m afraid that the phenomenon should hard the precision of the Filter even the Function of Preview is not very important to us.

The same phenomenon exists in other WNH Filters such as Sum, Segments, Segment Combinations, Number Order in Columns, …etc.

Best,
lb
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lottoboy

Postby MartinMan » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:11 pm

Hello lottoboy,
The tickets that pass are the ones that are acted on in the filter.

So if you tell it to Remove, the filter will remove the tickets that PASSED the filter the way you set it up.
Because you set up your filter to find tickets that have not had any numbers from the last draw in them, the ones that pass that criteria are filtered out when you click on remove. That will leave the tickets that had numbers from the last draw in them. That was for screenshot 2.

In your first screenshot you were looking for tickets that had no numbers from the 0 column in row 12. So when you clicked Leave, it left those tickets that passed.

Regards,
Martin
MartinMan

Postby lottoboy » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:08 am

[quote=MartinMan:1244124712]
Hello lottoboy,
The tickets that pass are the ones that are acted on in the filter.

So if you tell it to Remove, the filter will remove the tickets that PASSED the filter the way you set it up.
Because you set up your filter to find tickets that have not had any numbers from the last draw in them, the ones that pass that criteria are filtered out when you click on remove. That will leave the tickets that had numbers from the last draw in them. That was for screenshot 2.

In your first screenshot you were looking for tickets that had no numbers from the 0 column in row 12. So when you clicked Leave, it left those tickets that passed.

Regards,
Martin
[/quote]

Hi, Martin:

Thanks for your sincere attention!!!

According to your post, the Passed tickets on the Filter page just is the filtered out (Removed out off) tickets on the Main page when we use the button of REMOVE to make PREVIEW. But the Passed tickets on the Filter page just is the left in the package tickets on the Main page when we use the button of LEAVE to preview.

In other words, the status on my Attachments are normal show in EL Program but problem.

Is it correct?

Best,
lb
lottoboy

Postby MartinMan » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:30 pm

Hello lottoboy,
What I was saying is that it does not matter if you are leaving or removing the tickets when you are previewing the filter.
The filter only looks for and passes tickets by how you set it up.
If you leave or remove the tickets is up to you.
For example:
If you set up a filter to find tickets with more odd numbers than even numbers, it will pass those tickets with more odd numbers.
But if you decide to keep those tickets or remove them is up to you.
The leave or remove buttons work independently of what the filter is finding.

Regards,
Martin
MartinMan

Postby lottoboy » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:36 pm

[quote=MartinMan]
Hello lottoboy,
What I was saying is that it does not matter if you are leaving or removing the tickets when you are previewing the filter.
The filter only looks for and passes tickets by how you set it up.
If you leave or remove the tickets is up to you.
For example:
If you set up a filter to find tickets with more odd numbers than even numbers, it will pass those tickets with more odd numbers.
But if you decide to keep those tickets or remove them is up to you.
The leave or remove buttons work independently of what the filter is finding.

Regards,
Martin
[/quote]

I'm clear now. Thanks for your very nice and detail instructions!!!!
lottoboy

Postby lottoboy » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:05 am

Hi, Stan:

The problems still come from PREVIEW of History Difference Filter in WNH.
The Filed tickets after Previewing always are two data: 4582116 or 8769222 when my setting is xx-xx / 0-0 even though any columns I used the full package #s for my game NY Pick-6. (see attachment) (xx-xx means my setting of HD such as 26-26, 25-25, …15-15..etc. 0-0 is my setting of #s in single column.)

For example, the data is 0 for Col.0; the data is 8769222 for Col.-1; the data is 4582116 for Col. -2; the data is 4582116 for Col.-3; the data is 8769222 for Col. -4; the data is 4582116 for Col. -5; the data is 4582116 for Col.-6; the data is 0 for Col.-7; the data is 4582116 for Col.-8; the data is 8769222 for Col. -9; the data is 8769222 for Col. -10.

Also, the Back-tests in the setting of 0-0 is not correct too.

But the problem exists in the setting of 0-0 only and other settings seem fine.

Best,
lb
lottoboy

Postby stan » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:03 pm

the filter settings in your screen shot make no sense: you want 0 to 6 numbers with a difference of 26 in selected wn history columns and at the same time there can't be any such number in a single column (numbers in a single column = 0 to 0) and yet only a single column is checked in the list below.
it's just an experimental filter so i didn't bother fine tuning its user interface to prevent filter settings like the above from being entered
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby MartinMan » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:05 pm

Hello lottoboy,
From what I can see, you are setting up your filter to find the tickets that DO NOT have any numbers in them from row 26 in column -1.

You have the Leave button down, so if you run it like that you would keep the tickets that match the above criteria.

When you preview that setup on a single column and get 0 numbers that FAIL it is probably because there are no numbers in row 26 in that column. With no numbers in row 26, the filter cannot find any numbers that FAIL.

I stressed FAIL above because you still seem to not understand the difference between Passing the filter and Failing the filter. The example that you sent a screenshot for shows that 8769222 tickets FAILED the filter. NOT passed the filter. In other words, those 8769222 tickets DID have numbers in them that matched numbers in row 26 column -1.

Again, when you pick Leave or Remove that ONLY works based on tickets that PASSED the filter. In other words, if you pick Leave, the tickets that Passed the filter will be kept. If you pick Remove, the tickets that Passed the filter will be removed.

Sorry about the shouting, but it is important that you understand that the filters are only finding the tickets based on how the filter is setup and what you do with the results is up to you. The filter is not working wrong just because you are not reading what passed and instead are reading what failed. The filter does NOT find tickets based on if Leave or Remove is picked. They are only used After the filter finds what you set it up to find.
Leave or Remove has Nothing to do with picking the tickets.

26 rows down in the columns is a ways down so there probably are not a lot of numbers in that row most of the time. That is why you are getting counts of numbers that pass, or fail, close to the same number of tickets a lot of times in each column. There are probably 0 to 3 numbers in row 26 in each column most of the time, so the filter is finding about the same number of tickets that pass.

Regards,
Martin
MartinMan

Postby lottoboy » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:09 am

[quote=stan]
the filter settings in your screen shot make no sense: you want 0 to 6 numbers with a difference of 26 in selected wn history columns and at the same time there can't be any such number in a single column (numbers in a single column = 0 to 0) and yet only a single column is checked in the list below.
it's just an experimental filter so i didn't bother fine tuning its user interface to prevent filter settings like the above from being entered
[/quote]

Hi, Stan:

Thanks for your reply! But I’m still not clear your means. Is your filter is wrong since it's just an experimental one? If so, do you want to correct it in your EL 4.5.6? Or my setting is wrong, if so, could you tell me how can I make a right setting for the 0-0 of in a single column? Thanks.

Best,
lb
lottoboy

Postby lottoboy » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:11 am

Hi, Martin:

Thanks for your sincere and detail explanation !!

“From what I can see, you are setting up your filter to find the tickets that DO NOT have any numbers in them from row 26 in column -1.â€￾

No, I have filtered some tickets from my package by using the Setting (26-26/0-0) in fact. But I found the setting is unstable in my using, then, I made the Preview by using full package and found the problem. In addition, the data still is 8769222 even I selected multi columns such as 0 + -1 + -2 + -3 … instead -1 only. Also, I did same things by using other settings such as 25-25/0-0, 24-24/0-0, …10-10/0-0.

“Again, when you pick Leave or Remove that ONLY works based on tickets that PASSED the filter. In other words, if you pick Leave, the tickets that Passed the filter will be kept. If you pick Remove, the tickets that Passed the filter will be removed.â€￾

Thanks for your instructions again. I’m clear the function of Preview in EL totally. But I don’t think you have understood my problem. I do suggest that you can make some tests by using full package in same setting if you have free time.

“26 rows down in the columns is a ways down so there probably are not a lot of numbers in that row most of the time. That is why you are getting counts of numbers that pass, or fail, close to the same number of tickets a lot of times in each column. There are probably 0 to 3 numbers in row 26 in each column most of the time, so the filter is finding about the same number of tickets that pass.â€￾

Obviously, it is crazy that only two data (except 0) appeared after previewing by using full package in the setting of 0-0. And I have not yet found similar things for other settings in the HD Filter. I think the setting of 0-0 which is set-up recently by Stan (not original one) needs to be improved further. Jerzy should know that and I’m not sure his opinion about the problem. Thanks again.

Best,
lb
lottoboy

Postby MartinMan » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:00 pm

Hello lottoboy,

“From what I can see, you are setting up your filter to find the tickets that DO NOT have any numbers in them from row 26 in column -1.â€￾

No, I have filtered some tickets from my package by using the Setting (26-26/0-0) in fact. But I found the setting is unstable in my using, then, I made the Preview by using full package and found the problem. In addition, the data still is 8769222 even I selected multi columns such as 0 + -1 + -2 + -3 … instead -1 only. Also, I did same things by using other settings such as 25-25/0-0, 24-24/0-0, …10-10/0-0.

When you had tickets pass with the (26-26/0-0) setting, it means that those columns had numbers in row 26. If there are no numbers in row 26, or any row you are using like 25 or 24 etc., then you will get no tickets filtered out. When you use rows down that far, you might only get numbers in a very few columns, so when you use settings like 0 and -1 and -2 and -3 you still might not get anything filtered out because there might be only 1 number or no numbers in that one row in several columns. To check this, load your Lotto and your Package and go to the WN History Tab. Click on Update and then Click on the History Differences Tab at the top. Go through the columns and look to see if there are any numbers in row 26 or 25 or 24 etc. and you will see what I mean. The rows are listed on the Left for each column. I just went through my 5 of 56 Lotto and I had 6 columns that each had 1 number in row 26. So if I filtered my file for each column with your setting of (26-26/0-0) then I would have 6 columns that showed the SAME number of tickets filtered. The other 5 columns would pass all the tickets because there were no numbers to filter out.

The reason you got 8769222 on multiple columns is probably because One of the rows in One of the columns had 1 or 2 numbers in it. Say that column 0 had 2 numbers in it, but columns -1 and -2 and -3 did not have any numbers in them. When you tested on column 0 you would show those tickets filtered out. And when you tested on columns 0 and -1 you showed the same number of tickets filtered out, and the same with 0 and -1 and -2.
That is because -1 and -2 didn't have any numbers in row 26 so the only tickets filtered out were the ones from column 0 that had 2 numbers in it.
Go to your History Differences Tab and check it.

Regards,
Martin
MartinMan

Postby lottoboy » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:12 pm

[quote=lottoboy:1245632940]
[quote=stan]
[/quote]

Hi, Stan:

Thanks for your reply! But I’m still not clear your means. Is your filter is wrong since it's just an experimental one? If so, do you want to correct it in your EL 4.5.6? Or my setting is wrong, if so, could you tell me how can I make a right setting for the 0-0 of in a single column? Thanks.

Best,
lb
[/quote]

Stan,

Could you give me an answer about my questions above?
lottoboy

Postby PadawanLotto » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:36 pm

[quote=lottoboy]
[quote=lottoboy:1245632940]
[quote=stan]
[/quote]

Hi, Stan:

Best,
lb
[/quote]

Stan,

Could you give me an answer about my questions above?
[/quote]
Your setting is causing the problem as you are only looking at row 26 and no other rows. Row 26 may no always have a number in it. It's best to look at a group of rows like 16 to 26.
PadawanLotto

Next

Return to Winning Numbers History