THE OCCURRENCE OF BACK-TEST IN WNH FILTER OF STATISTICS

THE OCCURRENCE OF BACK-TEST IN WNH FILTER OF STATISTICS

Postby lottoboy » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:34 am

Hi, Stan:

I found the Occurrence of Back-tests in WNH Filter of Statistics is unstable.

For example, when I was making the Statistics for WNH Unique Num Differences and I clicked the button of Back-tests for 4 of Distinct Number Diff Count 0 on 05/16/09 and 05/20/09 separately, their Occurrences are very different between the date of 05/16/09 and 05/20/09 (see the attachment). Especially, the occurrence should be “Passedâ€￾ on 05/20/09 since the JP went out when I clicked the button of OK under the setting of Remove on the date of 05/16/09. And the same things happen in other dates in the filter.

The same phenomenon exists in the WNH Segments, WNH Hit & Skip Diff in the Statistics too.

Best,
lb
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lottoboy

Postby PadawanLotto » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:36 am

[quote=lottoboy:1244079286]
Hi, Stan:

I found the Occurrence of Back-tests in WNH Filter of Statistics is unstable.

For example, when I was making the Statistics for WNH Unique Num Differences and I clicked the button of Back-tests for 4 of Distinct Number Diff Count 0 on 05/16/09 and 05/20/09 separately, their Occurrences are very different between the date of 05/16/09 and 05/20/09 (see the attachment). Especially, the occurrence should be “Passedâ€￾ on 05/20/09 since the JP went out when I clicked the button of OK under the setting of Remove on the date of 05/16/09. And the same things happen in other dates in the filter.

The same phenomenon exists in the WNH Segments, WNH Hit & Skip Diff in the Statistics too.

Best,
lb
[/quote]After looking at your post I did some testing and have found that all of the Statistics page filter back-tests are wrong. The statistics summaries are right, it's the filter back-tests that are wrong.

Quote by lottoboy on 05-22-2009, 18:47:
Stan and All:
2) Also, I find the result of the Statistics is very different from the Segments Filter in WNH. For example, after I clicked the Calculate Stats for WNs only, I opened the window of WNH Segments in "Show Stats for,"
then I highlighted the line of 4-1-1 in Column -5, clicked the Filter on the left coner, clicked the buttons of Back-test or Leave/Remove, the both running results of BT & Filter should be same with the results by using the Segments Filter in WNH Page for same column and segment. But they are very different in my EL infact. Why?

Quote by stan
filters invoked from statistics are 'dumb' filters meaning they won't back-test correctly if their stats value were calculated from past winning numbers.
fixing this would be a lot of wasted work so you'll have to wait for version 5 to get it working properly
PadawanLotto

Postby lottoboy » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:59 pm

Hi, Padawan,

Thanks for your sincere attention!!!

Sure, all Back-tests are wrong, it‘s terrible!!!

Recently I filtered my package by using the WNH Distinct Diff Counts in the statistics page and found the JP always went out even I clicked the button of Remove or Leave anyway all the same. I’m confused by the phenomenon and began to check the BT one by one. I do hope that Stan can correct those errors as soon as possible. Thanks.

Best,
lb
lottoboy

Postby stan » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:13 pm

[quote=lottoboy:1244383164]
Hi, Padawan,

[/quote]
only if the stats are calculated from winning numbers, otherwise it's working fine.

Recently I filtered my package by using the WNH Distinct Diff Counts in the statistics page and found the JP always went out even I clicked the button of Remove or Leave anyway all the same. I’m confused by the phenomenon and began to check the BT one by one. I do hope that Stan can correct those errors as soon as possible. Thanks.

Best,
lb

well, the simple fix is to disable 'back-test' button in stats filters.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby lottoboy » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:17 am

[quote=stan]
[quote=lottoboy:1244383164]
Hi, Padawan,

[/quote]
only if the stats are calculated from winning numbers, otherwise it's working fine.

Best,
lb

well, the simple fix is to disable 'back-test' button in stats filters.
[/quote]

Hi, Stan:

Thanks for your reply!

Unfortunately, same things exist in there even though I Calculated both Package Tickets and Winning Numbers. But I have not yet tested the running of by using the Package Tickets only.

I’m sorry that we have to use the status of “Back-testsâ€￾ to filter our tickets in the Package if we’re running EL Program. In other words, the button of “Back-testsâ€￾ in EL Program is very important to us. No back-tests no filtering. We do hope you can fix the problem. Thanks.

Best,
lb
lottoboy

Postby stan » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:15 pm

let me be clearer then - 'back test' button for filters invoked from stats tables is mostly useless and will be disabled in the next bug fix release of expert lotto.
back test button in all other filters works fine.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby lottoboy » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:11 pm

[quote=stan:1244834145]
let me be clearer then - 'back test' button for filters invoked from stats tables is mostly useless and will be disabled in the next bug fix release of expert lotto.
[/quote]

But where I can find the "back-test" for the Filter of WNH HIT & SKIP DIFFS. except in Statistics bar? It should be useless too mostly if there is not the function of back-test in the filter. Also, the Filter of WNH UNIQ NUM DIFFS
is similar to above filter.
lottoboy

Postby PadawanLotto » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:23 pm

[quote=lottoboy]
[/quote]

But where I can find the "back-test" for the Filter of WNH HIT & SKIP DIFFS. except in Statistics bar? It should be useless too mostly if there is not the function of back-test in the filter. Also, the Filter of WNH UNIQ NUM DIFFS
[/quote]For the WNH hit/skip use the latest column and compare the occurrences. For the WNH uniq number diffs, use the Distinct History Differences filter found in the Filters-Extra.
PadawanLotto

Postby lottoboy » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:29 am

[quote=PadawanLotto]
[quote=lottoboy]
[/quote]

[/quote]For the WNH hit/skip use the latest column and compare the occurrences. For the WNH uniq number diffs, use the Distinct History Differences filter found in the Filters-Extra.
[/quote]

Hi, Padawan:

Thanks for your sincere help!!!

But I think the DHD seems different from to the WNH uniq number diffs.

In addition, I received some error report from EL recently as below but I'm not sure what's means.

"*** Error Mon Jun 15 21:05:25 EDT 2009
*** App Version: 4.5.5 Build: 1083
*** Java Version: 1.6.0_14
*** OS Version: Windows Vista 6.0
*** Lottery: Lotto NY
*** Message: Method DrawWnHistory.segSegmentEnd() is deprecated, please update your plugins.

*** Error Tue Jun 16 19:03:38 EDT 2009
*** Message: Method DrawWnHistory.segSegmentEnd() is deprecated, please update your plugins."

Best,
lb
lottoboy

Postby PadawanLotto » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:29 am

[quote=lottoboy]

In addition, I received some error report from EL recently as below but I'm not sure what's means.

*** Message: Method DrawWnHistory.segSegmentEnd() is deprecated, please update your plugins.
Best,
lb
[/quote]The DHD is the same thing as WNH uniq number diffs just displayed differently.

I don't know about the error.
PadawanLotto

Postby stan » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:38 am

[quote=lottoboy]
[quote=PadawanLotto]
[quote=lottoboy]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Hi, Padawan:

Thanks for your sincere help!!!

*** Error Tue Jun 16 19:03:38 EDT 2009
*** Message: Method DrawWnHistory.segSegmentEnd() is deprecated, please update your plugins."

Best,
lb
[/quote]

this message says that some plugin uses depraceted API. i think it's one of joe's plugins. either get a new version of that plugin or contact joe to fix the code and release a new version then
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby lottoboy » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:32 pm

Hi, Stan:

Thanks for your reply! But my version of all plugins is latest from EL web and
I can not contact Joe about the problem since he has not been here long time. Could you help me for that? Also, I always received some error report when I'm running my EL but I'm not sure what's happen for that. I have sent e-mail about the error report to you today. Thanks.

Best,
lb
lottoboy

Postby stan » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:45 am

i got your log file but all errors come from joe's plugins. i can't fix those errors as i don't have source for his plugins. you'll have to wait till he's back in the forum
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Return to Winning Numbers History