Winning Number History

Winning Number History

Postby Red Devil » Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:09 pm

Stan,

As advised in your reply to my e-mail I am posting some questions here, there will probably be some more later once I have spent more time with the program.

I've visited the tutorial on Winning Numbers History you mentioned but I still don't know what I am doing, I don't understand what I am supposed to be estimating, what do these numbers represent, what do the numbers under the datum line of the chart refer to and is there any way to increase the pitch of the individual graphs, they all seem squashed apart from the last one.

Another point worth noting is that I have imported the latest file for the UK Lotto, it both starts and finishes with the correct dates but appears to have 4 draws missing, in Winning Numbers it tells that there are 1074 drawings when in fact there should be 1078? The date format displayed is US format, mm-dd-yy is it possible to have dd-mm-yy as is standard in the UK.

Finally, the UK Lotto Play Slip has 7 boards for each slip however, they are printed in 5 rows; 1-12, 13-24, 25-36, 37-48 & 49 on its own. Is it possible to have this layout imported into the program even if it means including 49 with the 37-48 group for analysis.

Thanks for your support so far

Norman
Red Devil

Postby maroc » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:33 pm

Hi,

For the missing draw cheeck if the draw was on Xmas day (25 december) and it was on wednsday or saturday if so El will miss those draw because they were made on the day befor Xmas,And it will be tuesday or friday.
maroc

Missing Draws

Postby Red Devil » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:50 pm

Maroc,

That probably explains it, there has been a couple of draws on different days, I will go back and check and change the date to a Saturday or Wednesday

Thanks

Norman
Red Devil

Winning Number History

Postby Red Devil » Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:39 am

Stan,

Have just read the post by Hakl last year and now know that this function uses the interval history of each number. However, why are the last 11 intervals used, why not 10, 15 or 20. Has this magic number of 11 been the result of past research or does it just work where others don't.

Maroc has answered the question concerning missing draws.

Rgds

Norman
Red Devil

Postby stan » Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:19 am

[quote=Red Devil]
Stan,

Have just read the post by Hakl last year and now know that this function uses the interval history of each number. However, why are the last 11 intervals used, why not 10, 15 or 20. Has this magic number of 11 been the result of past research or does it just work where others don't.

Maroc has answered the question concerning missing draws.

Rgds

Norman
[/quote]

we chose 10 past previous occurrences of each number plus the latest occurrence as an aribtrary number. we could have e.g. 20 columns (i.e. check 20 last occurrences of each number) but it would make the estimates even harder. we can also work with less columns as well which is already possible in the application.
so far we've found out that filtering for 11 columns leads to reasonable results in a 6/49 lottery, that means tens to hundreds of tickets left after filtering.
check this thread: http://www.expertlotto.com/en/forum/forum.php?req=thread&id=222

you'll see that filtering by one column only reduces the tickets in the package by approximately 50%
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Return to Winning Numbers History