Simulation/History Differences

Simulation/History Differences

Postby PadawanLotto » Mon May 08, 2006 5:33 am

I just want to see if I have this correct. When you run the Simulation on a full package of number combinations the first row of numbers that show up in the History Differences page are listed based on the Simulation that was just run. So, the min/max differences that the simulation produces do not match the min/max values in the History Differences of the actual past drawings. In order to get the min/max values of the actual past drawings you must click on the update button in the History Differences page. So why do we run the Simulation when we can get the true min/max values from the History Differences?

When I run the Simulation using a full package and then go to the History Differences page the numbers in row 1 are the last set of numbers in the full package i.e. 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 which is one of the most extreme unlikely combinations to ever be drawn. The next rows contain numbers from actual drawings minus the 52, 53, 54, 55, or 56 that shows up in the row 1.
PadawanLotto

Postby stan » Mon May 08, 2006 6:17 pm

[quote=PadawanLotto]
I just want to see if I have this correct. When you run the Simulation on a full package of number combinations the first row of numbers that show up in the History Differences page are listed based on the Simulation that was just run.
[/quote]
if you mean the simulation tab then this is not correct. the simulator does not change any table/chart in other tabs. it just collects wn history data from simulated drawings to be displayed in its table.

So, the min/max differences that the simulation produces do not match the min/max values in the History Differences of the actual past drawings. In order to get the min/max values of the actual past drawings you must click on the update button in the History Differences page. So why do we run the Simulation when we can get the true min/max values from the History Differences?

for example you can base your next bet on the assumption that there will 3 hot and 2 cold numbers in the next draw. then you would switch to simulator tab, select all number combinations for the simulation tickets, add filter to have 3 hot and 2 cold numbers and run the simulation.
the simulator will then show the statistical probability of increase/decrease in each column and also their min/max values. the next step is to compare these statistics with your wn history estimates. the last four column show your estimates from wn history charts made with the range tool.

When I run the Simulation using a full package and then go to the History Differences page the numbers in row 1 are the last set of numbers in the full package i.e. 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 which is one of the most extreme unlikely combinations to ever be drawn. The next rows contain numbers from actual drawings minus the 52, 53, 54, 55, or 56 that shows up in the row 1.

make sure you don't have button 'draw simulation' depressed. if that button is on, then numbers in the edit fields are considered to be the latest draw and wn history values are recalculated as such
there's also an option to use package tickets for the same reason.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Return to Winning Numbers History