Simulation randomness or...

Postby Alcymart » Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:54 pm

Could someone tell me what the difference is in choosing to generate random numbers option in Simulation or not? If it's not random unchecking that option, what exactly is it? Because statistically, they each output something very different.
Alcymart

Postby stan » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:12 pm

[quote=Alcymart]
Could someone tell me what the difference is in choosing to generate random numbers option in Simulation or not? If it's not random unchecking that option, what exactly is it? Because statistically, they each output something very different.
[/quote]

well, it does exactly what it says on the tin - when random tickets are selected as simulator input then a series of randomly created combinations will be passed into the simulator. the combinations will be different on each simulator run. however if you choose e.g. 100 000 or more combinations the simulation results should be statistically similar if not the same.

note that you can generate (random) tickets into the package and then use them repeatedly for wn history simulation.

or did i misunderstood your question?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Alcymart » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:04 am

After some thought , my question may have been misunderstood. I just thought that without randomness ticked, then it gives out combinations starting at 1,2,3,4,5,6 and down like this going through to the amount specified, so if it's 14 million then it would go through all combinations of a 6/49. It would be pretty smart as all combinations have an equal chance to be drawn after 14 million combinations. Perhaps George can enlighten us to make sure.
Alcymart

Postby stan » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:20 am

[quote=Alcymart]
After some thought , my question may have been misunderstood. I just thought that without randomness ticked, then it gives out combinations starting at 1,2,3,4,5,6 and down like this going through to the amount specified, so if it's 14 million then it would go through all combinations of a 6/49. It would be pretty smart as all combinations have an equal chance to be drawn after 14 million combinations.
[/quote]
that's correct. what is your question then?

Perhaps George can enlighten us to make sure.

i don't think george can shed any more light on this as he isn't developing the application ;-)
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Alcymart » Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:32 am

That was my question and you answered it actually. Everything adds up now.I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate you and your team for producing what I think is the best software to win the lottery and I tried them all ( about 30 of them)! I really think that it's a matter of time now that I'll hit the Jackpot with Expert Lotto! Takes some time to get use to, but in the end, we reap the rewards. I hit a few 3rd and 4th division prizes and I just had the software for 1 week! I will share some tips next week for all to read.

Keep up the great work!
Alcymart

Postby stan » Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:45 am

[quote=Alcymart]
That was my question and you answered it actually. Everything adds up now.I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate you and your team for producing what I think is the best software to win the lottery and I tried them all ( about 30 of them)! I really think that it's a matter of time now that I'll hit the Jackpot with Expert Lotto! Takes some time to get use to, but in the end, we reap the rewards. I hit a few 3rd and 4th division prizes and I just had the software for 1 week! I will share some tips next week for all to read.
[/quote]
we're glad you like it :cheesy:

Keep up the great work!

we'll keep trying.
btw, as you can read here, we're quite open to new feature requests and suggestions, so don't be shy... ;-)
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Return to Winning Numbers History