WN History Segments Filter

WN History Segments Filter

Postby Alcymart » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:46 am

Ok, now I read all prior posts about this and the help file but still trying to figure how to use the segments filter. I cannot grasp what this is exactly. Could someone explain how to use this filter? I was not there at the time everyone was discussing how to use this filter and I missed the whole point. What was the point of this filter. There has to be a simple explanation. All I read is that it is we need to estimate the count of numbers in individual segments. Yah right, I don't know why this filter was added so perhaps this is why I cannot grasp its usefullness. I'm sure its simpler than I think but I just can't see how we can use it and for what purpose? Segments of what? Of numbers? Help? One of the main reasons I may not be able too see clearly is that I am French and I am trying to make sense of this feature in the help file. Is it that complex?
Alcymart

Postby stan » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:21 am

go to the wn history page, re-calculate and swtich to history differences tab.
the rows in that table are divided into three parts/segments. the first 6 rows are the first segment, the next 6 rows are the second segment, the remaining rows are the last segment. the segment sizes are adjustable.
now if you look at the summary table page and choose 'segments' in the 'show' combo box you'll notice that it almost never happened that all drawn numbers are from one segment only. there are in fact some frequently repeating patterns which you can filter using the segments filter.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Alcymart » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:05 am

In History differences tab the numbers are past draw numbers right? So I can also see that there are 3 segments per row. Can you give me a simple example of filtering with this? This is not only for me but for all those that will type segments in the board search. What are black boxes around some numbers? I am asking all this because, because...well... could it be that the person who won the jackpot is Tax? His username that is... because last years posts that's about the only thing he works with is the WNHistory and segments. He or she is from Australia and that's where the winner is from as he was a co-worker with another Aussie. Anyway... its just a hunch I guess...
Alcymart

Postby Alcymart » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:38 am

Ok, so if lets say segment 1-3-2, I don't think it will come out in column 0, I filter and remove... Is that what it is basically. Isn't there more to this?
Alcymart

Postby Alcymart » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:51 am

Ok, I grasped it now, pretty cool,... so that's how the person could have won the jackpot.... the WN History and segments together is very powerfull filtering.

Take care Stan...
Alcymart

Postby kdsjeter » Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:44 pm

Yes, Alcymart I believe that is how it was done. By using the Segment filter first and then predicting just 1, 2, or 3 columns correcting in the WN History Filter, and there you go.

Still conducting my own research using Bonus Match 5, 5/39. I will report more when I am finished.

Thanks for all your input.
kdsjeter

Postby Red Devil » Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:44 pm

[quote=Alcymart]
Ok, I grasped it now, pretty cool,... so that's how the person could have won the jackpot.... the WN History and segments together is very powerfull filtering.

Take care Stan...
[/quote]

Glad someone else has finally realised the potential of the segment filter. I have been saying this since I started using the software. This is why I asked Stan to make the limits of the segments configurable from the preferences and not just fixed at 6 & 12. Try out 2 & 5 or 5 & 9 as the limits, you'll be surprised how many times the winning combination falls into settings you can make.

I export the segment tables (from WN Summary Tab) into excel for further analysis and use on avearge 3 or 4 columns in a group filter, you'd be surprised how many combinations you can remove relatively safely.
Red Devil

segment help

Postby jimbo » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:20 pm

my summary table-segment stats, showing just 2 columns

col 0 col -1
600 303
402 510

to make use of this, would i go to history diff, history to show 0
using numbers from col 0, adjust my segments to say
min 4-max 6 in segment 1
min 0 max 0 in segment 2
min 0 max 2 in segment 3. leave segment sizes at default. 6 and 12 then filter.

then go to col -1,
segments
min 3-max 5
min 0-max 1
min 0-max 3 then filter

and so on after each history to show. just an example to help this :vogel: understand

thanks
jim
jimbo

Thanks Red Devil

Postby Alcymart » Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:13 am

Thanks for the tips Red Devil. Segments seems more than promising, I am joining you in your quest and will give you a hand. When I find something worthwhile to look into, I will share it with you.

I am still trying however to grasp the deep relationship of WN History and segments and how to get both them filters working together and unleash their power as one.

Take care....
Alcymart

Hi Kdsjester

Postby Alcymart » Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:17 am

Hi Kdsjester,

It seems we are now a few working with segments and WN History. That's great! Were moving forward and progressing at last! Everyone who is working hard in cracking the lotto all end up here. Its not a coincidence. The ultimate solution is here.

Take care,
Alcymart

segments-is this what i should do

Postby jimbo » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:48 am

my summary table-segment stats, showing just 2 columns-for reference

col 0 col -1
600 303
402 510

to make use of this, would i go to history diff, history to show 0
using numbers from col 0, adjust my segments to say
min 4-max 6 in segment 1
min 0 max 0 in segment 2
min 0 max 2 in segment 3. leave segment sizes at default. 6 and 12 then filter.

then go to col -1,
segments
min 3-max 5
min 0-max 1
min 0-max 3 then filter

and so on after each history to show. just an example to help this :vogel: understand what to do

thanks
jimbo

Postby Clem9403 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:45 am

I've been reading posts regarding the Segment Filter. I'm still confused a bit about this filter. I've read that using this filter, a person can have a better idea as to which way the sum values will go, either up or down. What should I be looking for to do this? I'm missing something here. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Clem9403

Postby stan » Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:44 pm

[quote=Clem9403]
I've been reading posts regarding the Segment Filter. I'm still confused a bit about this filter. I've read that using this filter, a person can have a better idea as to which way the sum values will go, either up or down. What should I be looking for to do this? I'm missing something here. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
[/quote]

it depends on the 'shape' of the differences table. if the numbers are mostly in the first segment then it's very likely the next difference in that column will be positive because numbers in the first segment have low difference.
if the last segment has more numbers than usual then the next difference in that column could be negative as it is more likely that a number(s) from the last segment will be drawn, i.e. a number with higher diff value.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Clem9403 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:42 pm

Thanks Stan! I understand now!
Clem9403

Postby Clem9403 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:39 am

Another quick question regarding the answe you gave me above...More numbers in seg 1 means an increase...more numbers in last 3 means decrease, so needless to say....if it's spread out between the 3 segs, the sum will be more or less the same as the last sum? What constitutes 'more'?? I'm working on a 5/39 game. Would 15 or more #'s be considered more?? Is there some sort of guideline to follow or is it more or less 'trial and error'??
Clem9403

Next

Return to Winning Numbers History