Lookup Min-Max Ranges

Lookup Min-Max Ranges

Postby Red Devil » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:34 am

Stan,

When using this feature in the WNH Filter why do we have to wait 20 minutes or so to retrieve these values when they must be held somewhere already. In the History Differences tab of the WNHistory window, when you select each column the Max +/- ranges are displayed in the top right corner immediately after selection of the column.

Just thought it strange? :rolleyes:
Red Devil

Postby stan » Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:34 am

min/max values in wn history differences are 'absolute' min/max. so in fact they do match the min/max values for all combinations in the package when the lookup is invoked in the filter window. so in this case i could use the values cached in the differences tab but i'd have to track that the package really has all combinations (not just some repeated tickets), that the winning numbers selection is the same as in the differences tab etc... that wouldn't be too reliable
the lookup function was intended for smaller sized packages anyway
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Red Devil » Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:24 am

Stan,

Thanks for the explanation, it makes sense now.
Red Devil

Max(-), Max(+)

Postby Bobes » Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:39 am

[quote=Red Devil]
Stan,

When using this feature in the WNH Filter why do we have to wait 20 minutes or so to retrieve these values when they must be held somewhere already. In the History Differences tab of the WNHistory window, when you select each column the Max +/- ranges are displayed in the top right corner immediately after selection of the column.

Just thought it strange? :rolleyes:
[/quote]

In fact the Max+/- you are talking about are labeled as Max(-) and Max(+) in the History Diffs tabs and they have nothing to do with Min, Max ranges in WNH filter (shown after clicking on Lookup Min α Max ranges.

Max (-), and Max (+) are numerical sums of the last/ first six numbers in appropriate column. These sums inform you where the next sum could be shifted theoretically (extreme), but they don´t express whether such tickets actually exist in the package at all.

On opposite when you click the Lookup for Min , Max values button then the Min , Max values shown relates to really existing tickets in the package. They could differ after each filtering, so they must be computed again for actual condition of package.
Bobes

Postby Red Devil » Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:22 pm

Bobes,

I was experimenting with the simulation button ih History Differences, the simulation tab at the top and the Lookup max/min sums. I was playing with either 100,000 random tickets generated for the package, your rand5if6 file you posted recently or the 100,000 random tickets set in preferences for the simulation button, when I looked at the values of max/min from the different places, they were always the same?

But I can understand that now with your added explanation, the fact that in History Differences, it is a theoretical value based on the Win History but not necessarily available in the package.

Thanks ;-)
Red Devil

Simulation

Postby Bobes » Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:40 pm

[quote=Red Devil]
Bobes,

I was experimenting with the simulation button ih History Differences, the simulation tab at the top and the Lookup max/min sums. I was playing with either 100,000 random tickets generated for the package, your rand5if6 file you posted recently or the 100,000 random tickets set in preferences for the simulation button, when I looked at the values of max/min from the different places, they were always the same?

Thanks ;-)
[/quote]

Simulation using the Simulate button (Hist Diffs tabs) will start random generator to simulate tickets passing the conditions set in segments. Only those ticket are computed whose passed the filter. From this point of view the setting min 0 max 6 numbers in each segment is equivalent to unaffected condition which will apply automatically when you simulate using generator in the simulation tab (WN HIstory →Simulation→Simulation Tickets→Generator) . However if you apply (in History Diffs tabs - Simulation button) condition for example min2 max 2 in the 1st segment, min 2 max 2 in the 2nd segment and min 2, max 2 in the 3rd segment the generator start generate but only those ticket passing the segment filters are computed to the chosen count of 100k (for instance). The Min, Max on both sides of the red/green temperature will change corresponding to segments setting. These Min /Max values correspond to randomly generated tickets (must passed filter SEGMENTS). Try to change setting Lottery →Preferences→WNHistory→Number of simulation steps to 100 instead of 100k and see how these Min/Max values wil differ for each cycle of simulation made under the same conditions. Note also different rate for different setting in segments, pls. You can not use the package contents for this kind of simulation.
When u simulate using the Simulaton TAB, you can use either generator or content of the package. Each time you use generator for this purpose the Min /Max are given by random tickets so they can differ in each cycle (however if the count of generated tickets is high enough it could be not too evident that these values differ in cycles). But in this case the margins Min, Max are determined in the same way as during Simulation in the History Diffs tabs when counts of numbers are set to Min 0- Max 6 in each segment (starting/basic condition)
If you use defined file rand5if6 the Min/Max margins must be the same each time you simulate using the package contents because they are given stricktly by particular tickets from the package (unless you change the file contents) . From this point of view such "simulate" operation is identical to Look up Min Max ranges if the package contains the same file for both cases.

I am sure all the above is well known for you
Bobes

Postby Red Devil » Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:18 pm

Bobes,

Thanks, most of it I was aware of but you have explained it very well why some of the values I was getting were the same. I was aware that you can't use the package with the simulate button.

I's funny you know when I started using EL some time ago I never got very good results with the simulation features but now, I find it fairly accurate and if you can get the correct settings in one or more segment positions, then it is quite useful. I will try using less steps in the preferences as you suggest
Red Devil

Return to Winning Numbers History