Working with Value Predictions

Working with Value Predictions

Postby Sledge » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:19 am

I've created a video tutorial and spreadsheet to help us decide the best method (for any given test) from the value predictions in EL (MSE or Validation).

Basically I went for the WN-History and started testing for each column, while my results were not good (to this point) there is unlimited potential for this type of testing. And who knows maybe one of us will stumble upon something that is useful with the value predictions.

I have a feeling this will get the creative juices flowing in a few of you so enjoy.

tutorial video is about 69meg so those of you with slower connections it may take a bit to download, unfortunately I could not convert it down any lower... but I did try :motz:

Keep in mind I'm far from and EL expert or excel guru so any feedback is appreciated :listen:

Video Instructions and Spreadsheet
Sledge

Postby CSenior » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:27 am

Sledge~ Very nice video and instructions. I am no where near as good in excel as you and others here on EL. I will definitely learn from this.

Thanks!
CSenior
CSenior

Postby Sledge » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:34 am

Great! CSenior I'm glad you liked it.

Now if I could only get better results :-D

So far Column 1 is looking about the same as Column 0 :-/
Sledge

Postby CSenior » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:39 am

Have you tried playing with the Pattern size and Weights? Also, don't forget to try the Step. Write down your valves so you know which will work best as you try different ones.
CSenior

Postby Sledge » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:42 am

I have not yet, I'm to through in my testing (takes to long) but I will get there.

This could also be used for segments, sums what ever you use in the value predictions...so lots of testing.
Sledge

Postby Picsou » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:31 pm

Hello Sledge

I can't download because, i don't be allowed. (I don't know this forum at this time)

i have at this moment created my login
i wait email of confirmation before to download.

I will look if there is some interisting information on it for EL

thank's for your contribution
Cdt
Picsou

Postby Sledge » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:25 pm

Hello Picsou,

Let me know if you did not receive the confirmation e-mail, also check your spam filter.
Sledge

Postby Picsou » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:58 pm

Hello Sledge

All is OK for my account
i have your mpeg file
I will look it with attention
Only one problem, i have downloaded your value pourcentageprediction file, but its format is "bizarre" xlsx extension (??), my excel 2000 version can't read it (?)

cdt
Picsou

Postby Sledge » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:02 pm

Yeah its a new version. You should be prompted to download a converter from microsoft once you try to open the file, this will upgrade your version to be able to read the file.
Sledge

Postby Picsou » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:23 pm

Hello Sledge

I have downloaded the convert file utility here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/than ... layLang=fr

For me all is now ok, to "read" your file

Thanks for your help

Cordialement
Picsou

Return to Winning Numbers History