All Tickets Getting Filtered Out

All Tickets Getting Filtered Out

Postby thebeaz » Sun May 25, 2008 11:39 pm

Hi,
I'm a Newb and downloaded the Pro edition earlier today. I've been going through the tutorial and help files in the program to learn my way around. I loaded our GA FF data into the program and tried to follow the steps for using WNH Sums given in the help files. However, every time I run the filter it eliminates all 575,575 tickets that were generated. After a few times of this, I thought the database may be corrupt, so I went step by step with the example Expert Lotto 6/49 file used in the demonstration. This time all 13,983,816 tickets were filtered out too. I have no idea what's happening and why I can't duplicate the results in the example that produces 196 tickets. Thanks in advance for clearing this up.
thebeaz

Postby CSenior » Mon May 26, 2008 9:10 pm

Can you post a screenshot of the filter exactly as you are using it. Thanks.
CSenior

Postby thebeaz » Tue May 27, 2008 1:46 am

Sure...Does this give enough info? I wrote down the sums then hid the latest drawing. I generated all 575,757 tickets and filter with a range of 20 on each history index. It filters out all tickets. So I must not be checking a box somewhere?

thebeaz

Postby CSenior » Tue May 27, 2008 5:57 am

Hmm... It seems you did everything correct. Did you update SUMSs after you skipped the drawing? On your snapshot it is showing an '*' after the 70 tickets... After you skip the drawing and run WNH you should only have a few tickets left just like the tutorial.
CSenior

Postby Jerzy » Tue May 27, 2008 6:42 am

Did you Look up Min & Max Ranges after skiping the last draw and before setting a new ranges of 20?

And your filter seems to be set to display Min and Max Differences but shows the Sums. I do not know why.
Jerzy

Postby thebeaz » Tue May 27, 2008 6:49 am

Yes, I updated but it doesn't seem to matter. I'm starting to wonder if the program didn't install correctly. I went back and loaded the sample data again for Expert Lotto 6/49 and everything looks exactly like the Help --> Getting Started --> Winning Numbers History --> Reasons Why page...Except the sample ends up with 196 tickets and all of mine are filtered out. This is frustrating because I can't really get any further into the program without resolving this. Here's a screen shot of the Exp Lotto 6/49 filter...If anything jumps out at you, please let me know. I'd like to move past this...

thebeaz

Postby Falcon » Tue May 27, 2008 9:04 am

thebeaz

1. Can I suggest you change the 'skin' you have the program operating in and then it will be more easily apparent as to which tabs you have activated etc should you need to post them here again. I refer to Jerzy's comment above where the Differences tab appears activated but you are showing a SUMS condition in the table. Do this by going to Lottery>>Preferences>>General>Look & Feel and select Windows. You can change back to your preference some other time. You may have to close the program and reopen to get the new skin.

2. Go to Winning Numbers History Filter (the one you have displayed) and select Differences. Highlight a cell in Min Diff and then click on one of the down arrow or up arrow in the two bars immediately to the right of the Lock column. Change a few values in any of the cells and do the same in the Max Diff column. Thus if the current values in these columns are contributing to your 0 tickets left then by changing these you may should get a different result.

3 The SUMs filter is sort of a bit hard to understand initially. There are simpler filters (to understand) eg select the 'Odd/Even Counts' filter. Tick all the boxes between 2:9 and 9:2 tick the Leave box and run the filter. This filter is working to the Odd Even counts that are displayed in the WN History panels under Summary Table - see right hand side of the table. ie all those tickets in the package that have an O/E count between 2:9 and 9:2 are passed or accepted and all those that don't are rejected.

Do the same with the Neg/Pos filter.

4 With the SUMs filter I like to have one of the lower tick boxes selected ie the AT Least tick box and then select 6 of 11 (or what ever) ie 6 of the 11 columns must be within the difference values you have set in the above table in effect meaning the other 5 columns can have values outside the ranges you have selected.

5. Actually I have just looked at your panel again. Your Min diff and MAx Diff values are wildly wrong. Max Diff should be no more than about 35 to 40 above the SUM value whearas Min Diff can be upto about -100 different to the SUM value. These values need to be reset - not sure where you will have got them from. You are in effect showing SUM type values in Difference columns. We should be seeing values like 10 12 5 8 25 and -3 -6 -3 -15 -34 etc in these columns

Cheers

falcon
Falcon

Postby PadawanLotto » Tue May 27, 2008 3:31 pm

[quote=Falcon]
thebeaz
You are in effect showing SUM type values in Difference columns. We should be seeing values like 10 12 5 8 25 and -3 -6 -3 -15 -34 etc in these columns

Cheers

falcon
[/quote]Nice catch Falcon.
PadawanLotto

Postby thebeaz » Tue May 27, 2008 3:42 pm

Thanks guys for your assistance. Unfortunately, I believe the example given in the "Getting Started" section of Help (within the program itself) is incorrect...At least in the version of the program that I have. Here's a shot of that filter example:

You'll notice that my Exp Lotto 6/49 shot that I posted above looks exactly like this one in the Getting Started example. I took your advice and clicked on the SUMS tab to change the Min/Max Sums and got 3163 tickets left in the package...Yahoo!! I'm moving forward again...

In the Getting Started example, it seems like the Min Diff should be -10 and Max Diff should show 10. Also, the values shown that are "wildly wrong" should be what is seen when the Sums tab is activated, not the Differences tab as the example shows. So I suggest someone correct this in future versions to avoid any confusion.

And thanks for the extra tips Falcon! I'm going to go through them all this afternoon...
thebeaz

Postby Falcon » Wed May 28, 2008 2:13 am

thebeaz,

The best way to start with thinking about and using SUMS values ie placing SUMS values in those MinSUM MaxSUM columns is by going to the WN History panel and opening the History Chart tab and in there observe the way each column has moved about, then do a prediction for where you think that column value will be after the next draw - so if the current value for Col -1 is 800 and you think it will go down to 790, in the SUMS filter enter a max value of say 810 and a min value of say 770. Do this for all columns for their respective values (then go to the Difference tab and observe the differences - incidentally it is easier to think in terms of SUMS values initially than Difference values) and run the filter. You will still end up with several thousand tickets with these sorts of ranges but after this you could then go back and crimp in all the ranges a few points and then run the filter again. But of course as you crimp in the ranges you end up running the risk of having a value for a column fall outside of your range and so you will have removed the winning ticket. And at that point you will have caught up to many of us here. :cheesy:

r

falcon
Falcon

Postby stan » Wed May 28, 2008 10:31 pm

[quote=thebeaz:1211895739]
Thanks guys for your assistance. Unfortunately, I believe the example given in the "Getting Started" section of Help (within the program itself) is incorrect...At least in the version of the program that I have. Here's a shot of that filter example:
[/quote]

you're right. i'll fix the help page in the next version of expert lotto. sorry about the confusion!
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby thebeaz » Thu May 29, 2008 10:53 pm

Great! Also, please verify the GA FF download file when you have a chance. After getting "weird" numbers, I went into the data and every single drawing result dating back to 1995 was wrong. So either it didn't install correctly when I downloaded it or it's actually data from some other drawing instead of the GA FF. I'd check it again myself, but I've already used the import wizard to reset my database with the correct drawing results and I don't really want to alter it.

Falcon, thanks for the tips. I've only been experimenting for a couple of days and I can estimate most of the next sum ranges correctly...But there's usually 1 or 2 of them that make an unexpected big move and that presents a problem. I'm also using more filters as you suggested. I'm not sure what you meant by odd/even counts of 2:9 and 9:2. I can see all 11 odd/even in the summary table...But the filter only lets me enter 0-5 odd #'s and then changes the evens automatically. Filtering out odd/even of 5/0 and 0/5 does eliminate about 30000 tickets though...
thebeaz

Postby stan » Sat May 31, 2008 3:29 pm

[quote=thebeaz:1212094393]
Great! Also, please verify the GA FF download file
[/quote]

'GA FF' ??
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby thebeaz » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:43 am

Sorry...Georgia Fantasy Five.
thebeaz

Postby stan » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:38 pm

[quote=thebeaz]
Sorry...Georgia Fantasy Five.
[/quote]

i see. what's wrong with that lottery? have the lottery rules changed or are the winning numbers data wrong?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Return to Winning Numbers History