My Filter Plug-Ins

Postby Joe » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:57 pm

[quote=sysp34]
Joe

After coding in Java is it possible to open the maximum limit of draws?
[/quote]

I think this is not possible. I think, need to be changed maximum limits in main library files only.

Thanks.
Joe

Postby zz » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:32 am

[quote=CARBOB]
[quote=zz]
[quote=Trust]
Hi Joe!
Could you possibly make a own menu for your filters?

[/quote]

It would be good if Joe can also extend using filters for any x/xx game instead of 5/xx and 6/xx games only, so more people could get involved and make suggestions regarding filters...

I was expecting Stan will provide some suggestions how to make it for any x/xx games, but it seems he is busy or from any reason doesn't have time or possibility to provide suggestion right now
[/quote]

zz,

This Segment Sum Filter can be used on Pick3, Pick 4, Pick5, Pick 6. The reason ,I was having problems, was because, I wasn't using the Count correct. Joe did a great job on this filter.
[/quote]

I know Carbob that Joe is very good in programming and trying to do what he can. But Stan made original program has possibility of using it for any x/xx games, because many people play games with more than 6 numbers. If you play it for any 7/XX up to 10/XX keno type games it is not possible to use these filters... Maybe Stan will soon provide suggestion how Joe can extend filters can be used for any game like he made it available in Expertlotto , or maybe he will do something about that...
zz

Stan, I hope you read this!!!

Postby CARBOB » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:51 pm

Joe has done an excellent job, since your absence. The Segment Sum Filter, is an excellent filter, but he needs some help creating the stats for it. Would you please put this near the top of your "To Do" list?
CARBOB

Postby sysp34 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:25 pm

[quote=Joe]
[quote=sysp34]
Joe

After coding in Java is it possible to open the maximum limit of draws?
[/quote]

I think this is not possible. I think, need to be changed maximum limits in main library files only.

Thanks.
[/quote]

Thank Joe for the information, i knew it will be change hugh code since it will affected all patterns

well maybe i'll try to do in spreadsheet using all lottery in the world from lottopro database then let see if i can find some "repeated" pattern from number groupping (i though this step already use by someone or developer that use system/wheels/quickpick/smartbet etc :-D )

good luck
sysp34

Segments Sum filter

Postby Jerzy » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:36 pm

I am glad to see you again, Stan!

However, this time I have a question to Joe.

Joe,

I tested your Segments Sum filter and compared its function with History Differences filter.

I noticed that the number of combinations removed by each of these filters depends on the winning numbers date base and it is different before and after entering the result of the last draw. Probably this is normal, but obviously the filtering power of these filters varies depending on the current data base.

Using the Segments Sum filter separately for each segment ("Count" Min 1 Max 1), the results are the same as those obtained with History Differences filter.

However, when I use the Segments Sum filter for three segments jointly at the same time ("Count" Min 3 Max 3), the amount of combinations filtered out is significantly smaller then the sum of cobinations filterd out separately for each segment. I use Leave setting.

For example, I can remove 85,716 combinations for the 1st segment, 11,466 for the 2nd segment, and 1,412,494 combinations for the 3rd segment. Together, it is 1,575,676 combinations removed.

But when I filter 3 segments at the same time (basic setting the same, only the "Count" changed to 3, to adjust the filter for filtering 3 segments), the filter removes only 1,487,938 combinations.

Why this filter is less effective when it is applied to 3 segments at the same time?

I cannot compare this with History Differences filter because HD filter works only with single segments (or I do not know how to configure it for work with 3 segments).

For example, the following settings of the History Differences filter

Number count 28 - 46
History differences 1 - 6
Numbers in a single columns 0 - 6
Even numbers 0 - 46

will give the same result as the Segments Sum filter configured only for the 1st segment Min 28 Max 46, Count Min 1 Max 1.

And could you place a check box before the Count in the filter interface to allow the switching the count OFF/ON ?

The setting of the Count can be in a conflict with the basic part of the filter, and it can confuse some inexperienced EL users. I know some Count settings can be used to remove additional combinations, some people might like it, but removing excessive numbers of combinations in uncontrollable manner usually results in loss of jackpot ticket (even if the lower prizes tickets are preserved).

Regards

Jerzy
Jerzy

Postby Joe » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:10 pm

Jerzy,

I checked that Segment Sum filter, Its working fine for me,

I am getting same results when I filter separately and together setting count 3 to 3.

Even i have checked my codings I found nothing wrong there. Please check again and let me know.

thanks,
Joe

Postby Jerzy » Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:52 pm

Joe,

Your filter works OK. I know what happened.

When I was filtering for separate segments, each time I was filtering the full package of tickets. The total sum of combinations removed this way is higher than the sum of combinations removed in usual way.

I should use the unfiltered package only for filtering the 1st segment, then for the 2nd segment the package which was prefiltered for the 1st segment, and for the 3rd segment the packaged which was prefiltered for the 1st and 2nd segment. If the filtration is done this way, there is no difference in the number of combinations removed if you filter segments separately or jointly. It means your filter works OK.

I am really sorry.

Regards

Jerzy
Jerzy

Postby Red Devil » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:32 pm

[quote=Joe:1192294109]
[quote=Red Devil]

Joe,

Yes I jumped the gun this morning, looked OK until I tried to filter. Any combination I tried always left me with 0 lines left.

The 2nd file appears to work correctly

Thanks
[/quote]

well, I try to give stats for this plug-in, hope that will take little more time coz I am not well with creating stats. I have to fix some bugs on it.

If any other filter to implement, feel free, thanks Red,
[/quote]

Joe and other members,

I have attached an updated sheet that shows some basic stats for both the segment sum and single segment count filters. This is up to date for those using the UK Lotto, it is easy to convert to any other lottery, just open the file and replace the draw numbers.

Joe, I have a (I hope) a small request, is it possible to replace the min max settings with buttons against values, so that one can include a group of settings that are not necessarily next to each other. The same as you used in the "Ticket Index Positions" filter.

eg If you look at sheet "digit 1"

I might want to include only those sums where the skip is greater than the av hit ;-)

Hope you understand what I'm asking, incidentally I had to use RAR to archive as Zip was not small enough to attach

Rgds

Red Devil
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Red Devil

Postby Joe » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:20 am

Red,

I couldn't open the file which you have attached, could you re-attach the file as zip file?

Thanks
Joe

Postby CSenior » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:23 am

[quote=Joe]
Red,

I couldn't open the file which you have attached, could you re-attach the file as zip file?

Thanks
[/quote]

Joe~ Download this program http://filehippo.com/download_winrar/ to open the file.
CSenior

Postby Joe » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:31 am

[quote=CSenior]
[quote=Joe]
Red,

Thanks
[/quote]

Joe~ Download this program http://filehippo.com/download_winrar/ to open the file.
[/quote]

Thanks Senior, Will do.
Joe

Postby Joe » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:40 am

[quote=Red Devil]

Joe, I have a (I hope) a small request, is it possible to replace the min max settings with buttons against values, so that one can include a group of settings that are not necessarily next to each other. The same as you used in the "Ticket Index Positions" filter.

[/quote]

Red,

I am not sure what you asking, can you please explain little more what and how you want in the filter...

Thanks.
Joe

Postby Red Devil » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:57 am

Joe,

Basically instead of choosing values between min & max, is it possible to choose values similar to the Ticket Index Position filter instead, using check boxes.

Quite often there are values between a min & max value that you don't want to include.

eg. instead of using min (10) & max (22) include values 10, 13, 16, 17, 19, 20 & 22. This will also improve the reduction.

As I said before Zipping the file does not make it small enough to attach, so I used RAR. As CSenior said you can download it, thanks CSenior.

Rgds

Red Devil
Red Devil

Postby Joe » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:44 am

[quote=Red Devil]
eg. instead of using min (10) & max (22) include values 10, 13, 16, 17, 19, 20 & 22. This will also improve the reduction.
[/quote]

yeah, but single form should be used for all games, We can't place check oxes for all sums in a single form, is there any other idea to implement this?
Joe

How To Install Single Segment Plug-In

Postby winsumloosesum » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:59 pm

Hi Joe,

Can you give instructions on how to install your new Plug-in?

Do you need to have the most current Build (Jackpot Build)?

Thanks,

Steve
winsumloosesum

PreviousNext

Return to Plugin Development