Numbers Order in Column

Postby stan » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:15 pm

i've just responded to your email.

a summary for other forum members:
* i think your reasoning is wrong and there's nothing to fix in the plugin or in the application itself.
* the count of past draws accepted by a filter is proportional to number of full-package tickets accepted by the same filter only when the filter is applied on a large enough number of past draws. you can't draw any conclusions from back-testing 100 latest draws and comparing it with results of filtering of 500000 package tickets.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby lottoboy » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:22 am

[quote=stan]

* i think your reasoning is wrong and there's nothing to fix in the plugin or in the application itself.
* the count of past draws accepted by a filter is proportional to number of full-package tickets accepted by the same filter only when the filter is applied on a large enough number of past draws. you can't draw any conclusions from back-testing 100 latest draws and comparing it with results of filtering of 500000 package tickets.
[/quote]

Yes , I have received your e-mail and read it carefully. Thanks!

My answer about your reply is as below:

1) In fact, you have not yet understood my idea really since you have refused to do some backtests for that even though these backtests are time consuming. “

Practice is the sole criterion for testing truth.â€￾

Especially, you have not yet understood the Filter of Number Order totally as you said in your post at 01/05/2010 that:â€￾ i don't have filter's source code and since i didn't follow this thread i don't even know how that filter works“.

2)Yes, my selected tickets for Back-tests are 100 because the results are similar to full winning tickets (more than 2530 tickets for my game). It’s impossible absolutely to filter more than 500000 Winnig tickets like you said since no any game in the world has had about 500000 History Winning Numbers until now!!!

Mr. Stan, don’t forget please : your EL program just is to predict
next result by using some limit history winning numbers (100-200) instead 500000 or more.

3) I still think we can discover some strong strategies if you and Joe can improve your code to control the relationships between Preview & BT of Winning Orders in Number Order Filter instead of the current relationships between Pre. & BT of Winning Orders are in anarchy as I said in my e-mail and posts. I do hope you can rethink my idea and do some backtests for that. or I can give you more test data I have done if you want.

4) Also, I do hope all members can join the discuss about my idea
And you can find it is very very interesting about the relationship in the Filter. Thanks.
lottoboy

Postby stan » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:06 am

[quote=lottoboy]
[quote=stan]

[/quote]

Yes , I have received your e-mail and read it carefully. Thanks!

My answer about your reply is as below:

1) In fact, you have not yet understood my idea really since you have refused to do some backtests for that even though these backtests are time consuming. “

Practice is the sole criterion for testing truth.â€￾

Especially, you have not yet understood the Filter of Number Order totally as you said in your post at 01/05/2010 that:â€￾ i don't have filter's source code and since i didn't follow this thread i don't even know how that filter works“.
[/quote]
i have read this thread and downloaded joe's filter plugin. i think i know how the filter works now.

2)Yes, my selected tickets for Back-tests are 100 because the results are similar to full winning tickets (more than 2530 tickets for my game). It’s impossible absolutely to filter more than 500000 Winnig tickets like you said since no any game in the world has had about 500000 History Winning Numbers until now!!!

Mr. Stan, don’t forget please : your EL program just is to predict
next result by using some limit history winning numbers (100-200) instead 500000 or more.

sure, but you can statistically correlate results of filtering of 500000 with the results of filtering of 100 draws only

3) I still think we can discover some strong strategies if you and Joe can improve your code to control the relationships between Preview & BT of Winning Orders in Number Order Filter instead of the current relationships between Pre. & BT of Winning Orders are in anarchy as I said in my e-mail and posts. I do hope you can rethink my idea and do some backtests for that. or I can give you more test data I have done if you want.

your back-test data are fine. there's just problem with your interpretation of back-test results.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby lottoboy » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:52 am

sorry, this is an editting error.
lottoboy

Postby lottoboy » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:52 am

Stan,

Thanks for your timely reply!

On the surface, they (BT & Preview) seem to be two uncorrelated functions like to compare an apple with an orange. But, they reflect the statistical law for the same game, same drawing date and same setting.Also, their statistical analysis comes from the same data base too. Just only the amount of data for the statistical analysis is different.

In other words, they are just two different apples from the same apple tree instead of an apple and an orange because the apple tree is unable to bear an orange.

It is one-sided if we ignore completely and decidedly their statistical and clear links by the amount of data only. For example, my BT results by using 100 history winning #s are similar to the BT results by using 2500 history winning #s.

And, I found that the Orders with the big value of BT have the big value of Preview too in general according to my more than 100 backtasts. The most important thing is the Winning Orders just are in them often!!! Also,you can find some other interesting phenomenon if you do some backtests by yourself.

My idea is if we can make some improvements in the program so that the two kinds of relationships will follow the statistical rule as well as possible instead of current status of “anarchy“. The purpose of doing that just is to take the statistical characteristics of Winning Orders in the Filter are more obvious and more stable.

Maybe my explanations about it are not very clear, if so, I‘m sorry about that! .

If you need further experimental data and interpretation about my idea, please let me know asap. Thanks.
lottoboy

Postby lottoboy » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:21 am

Stan,

Could you help me delete the three failue posts above? Thanks.
lottoboy

Postby lottoboy » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:39 pm

Hi, Stan:

Should you have any questions about my latest post, please do not hesitate to contact me and welcome negative feedback too:). I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.
lottoboy

Previous

Return to Plugin Development