My Filter Plug-Ins

Postby Midas » Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:40 pm

Joe,

Here are the simple Excel functions for Skewness and Kurtosis required in the JB equation as described by Jerzy.

Trust this helps your work.

Best Regards
Midas
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Midas

Postby Joe » Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:39 am

[quote=Gatsby:1194645757]
Hi Joe,
Don´t know how to create link to my post :-( but
Please go to Discussion Board - Fórum Comments, Suggestions, features requested - Page 2 - Topic New option in Group Filter, by Gastby (line 13 counting from the top) and you will easily find it.
Hope you find it worth to explore.
[/quote]

Gats,

I jus let you know What I can do with this.

Thanks
Joe

Postby Joe » Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:39 am

[quote=Midas]
Joe,

Here are the simple Excel functions for Skewness and Kurtosis required in the JB equation as described by Jerzy.

Trust this helps your work.

Best Regards
Midas
[/quote]

Thanks Midas, I go thru that.
Joe

Postby Gatsby » Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:15 pm

That´s fine. Maybe you have a better ideia too for that filter.
Thanks Joe :listen:
Gatsby

Postby Jerzy » Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:05 pm

Joe,

I like best your Positions Range in Columns filter.

It should be used for each of the WNH columns separately, because each column is different and requires different settings and individual decisions. This introduces a lot of clarity and using the filter is very easy.

If you open History Differences, History to Show: for the column you want to filter and then you open Positions Range in Columns filter, your selection of setting will be based on what you see in the History Differences tab. And it shows you the balls which will be drawn at the next draw.

You use the positional limit principle to decide which rows should be left and which rows should be filtered out. For example, number 1 will never appear at the position 6 or number 45 at the position 1. Actually all "LOW" numbers are very unlikely to appear at the position 6 and "HIGH" numbers unlikely at the position 1. Each position has its typical range of numbers and positional limits.

Applying this filter 11 times, for each columns individually, you can remove quite safely more then 50% of all possible combinations from the package. That's how effective this filter is. Moreover, you do not need any statistics (only History Differences tab.) to use this filter.

Unfortunately, the name of the filter is a bit complicated. I call it, for myself, Origins of Balls filter or Rows & Balls filter.

Best Regards

Jerzy
Jerzy

Postby MartinMan » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:51 pm

Hello Jerzy,

Would you mind going over how you pick the numbers for the columns?
I don't see how you get them from that tab.
For example I have my Lotto for the MegaMillions up and I cannot see any information that tells me what column, any number is in, or from.
Since the numbers on the left are skips and the numbers in the rows are the numbers that have skipped that many times in low to high order, I don't see
how to use them to set positions.
Or, I could just be denser than usual today!

Regards,
Martin
MartinMan

Postby Jerzy » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:51 am

Hello MartinMan,

The Positions Range in Columns filter does not work with 5/xx games.
With such games you get an error message instead of filtering. When you open the filter in 5/xx game, the count parameter in the filter is Max 5 as it should be, but there are 6 check-boxes for positions, which is wrong because there are only 5 positions.

Moreover, the maximal range of rows that the filter can work with is limited to 150 while in games with large pool of numbers (e.g. 56 numbers) there could be more than 800 rows in the History Differences. The range of rows from 1 to 1000 probably would be more appropriate.

Yesterday,when I was writing about the filter, I was unaware of this limitation.

Because of this limitation it is impossible to show you how this filter could be used for MegaMillions.

However, for the 6/xx games the filter works fine. I can use the example of the Australian Saturday Lotto. If you are interested in it I will present it tomorrow.

I pick the rows not the numbers to be left or removed because it is necessary to enter the range of rows in the settings. However, my choice depends on the numbers that are present in the row(s). Are they suitable for each of the 6 positions? Number 1 is not a candidate for the 6th position or number 45 for the 1st position.

Best Regards

Jerzy
Jerzy

Postby MartinMan » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:40 pm

Jerzy,

Thank you for the explanation.
It won't be necessary to show an example since I do not have a 6xx game to play. But I thank you for the offer.

Regards,
Martin
MartinMan

Postby Elpidio » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:43 pm

Joe,

I agree with Jerzy that Positions Range in Columns Filter is best, and I would like to suggest if it is possible to build the vertical edition of this
filter. Instead of looking for the location of the positions in ROW, vertical edition filter would look for the location of the positions in COLUMNS.
Let us assume that the LEFTMOST column is 1 since no numbering is seen
on the History Differences table. This could be another best filter I presume.

Elpidio
Elpidio

Postby Joe » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:43 pm

[quote=Jerzy:1197291904]
It should be used for each of the WNH columns separately, because each column is different and requires different settings and individual decisions. This introduces a lot of clarity and using the filter is very easy.
[/quote]

yeah certainly, I am thinking more modification on this filter. this will be good.
Joe

Postby Joe » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:47 pm

You use the positional limit principle to decide which rows should be left and which rows should be filtered out. For example, number 1 will never appear at the position 6 or number 45 at the position 1. Actually all "LOW" numbers are very unlikely to appear at the position 6 and "HIGH" numbers unlikely at the position 1. Each position has its typical range of numbers and positional limits.

Applying this filter 11 times, for each columns individually, you can remove quite safely more then 50% of all possible combinations from the package. That's how effective this filter is. Moreover, you do not need any statistics (only History Differences tab.) to use this filter.
[/quote]

Excellent, I will do something good with HIGH and LOW numbers in HD positions. Surely that will give more reductions and good results too.
Thanks Jerzy.
Joe

Postby Joe » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:49 pm

Unfortunately, the name of the filter is a bit complicated. I call it, for myself, Origins of Balls filter or Rows & Balls filter.
[/quote]

Sure, I am little weak in selecting names, sometimes hard to fix the names for my filters. The name will be "Balls & Rows in columns". Do you like it? :-D
Joe

Postby Joe » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:51 pm

[quote=Elpidio]
I agree with Jerzy that Positions Range in Columns Filter is best, and I would like to suggest if it is possible to build the vertical edition of this
filter. Instead of looking for the location of the positions in ROW, vertical edition filter would look for the location of the positions in COLUMNS.
Let us assume that the LEFTMOST column is 1 since no numbering is seen
on the History Differences table. This could be another best filter I presume.
[/quote]
Elp,

could you please explain this little bit clear, I couldn't get you, Thanks.
Joe

Postby Jerzy » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:20 pm

Joe and Elpidio,

I feel that the name Balls and Rows in Column Filter would be easy to remember and also undertanding the filter's function would be easier. The word "Balls" would be a good replacement for "numbers drawn" (actually the balls are drawn, and numbers are on the balls). And we try to select the numbers which will be drawn.

Elpidio's idea of new filter is good.

However, talking about columns within a column would be inconvenient and confusing. I would use the concept of VERTICAL GROUPS within History Differences tab. for a given column.

Numbers in rows are arranged horizontally in the ascending order from the left to right. It could be an advantage, because there would be a concentration of HIGH NUMBERS in the rightmost vertical groups, which should be left at HIGH POSITIONS (the 4th, 5th and 6th position in 6/xx game) but removed from LOW POSITIONS (the 1st, 2nd and 3rd) in the process of filtering.

In the leftmost vertical groups most commonly there would be a mixture of Low and High numbers and filtering would be more difficult and probably less effective. But a similar situation occurs when you use the existing Positions Range in in Columns filter; in the first several rows you find a mixture of Low and High numbers and such rows with its numbers cannot be filtered out (unless you want to take risk).

In my game, which uses 45 numbers, probably 15 vertical groups would be enough. For games with more numbers, 20 groups might be needed.

I suggest the name Balls & Vertical Groups in Column Filter (unless there is a better name).

I expect that both filters, when used together, would provide a useful and attractive combination of filtering power.

Best Regards

Jerzy
Jerzy

Postby Jerzy » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:41 pm

Joe,

I was thinking of improvement of Positions Range in Columns filter which would allow selection of a part of a row for the filtering (e.g. removing low or high numbers from a row).

However, Elpidio's idea could be a better alternative.

Jerzy
Jerzy

PreviousNext

Return to Plugin Development