My Filter Plug-Ins

Postby PadawanLotto » Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:06 am

It happened again in tonights Ohio 5/39 drawing, there where 6 distinct segments but the Distinct Segments Filter back test said that there were only 5 segments.
PadawanLotto

Postby CSenior » Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:44 am

[quote=PadawanLotto]
It happened again in tonights Ohio 5/39 drawing, there where 6 distinct segments but the Distinct Segments Filter back test said that there were only 5 segments.
[/quote]

Good Catch Padawan! I can replicate the mistake. See the attached to view my results as only the highlighted rows do not match. I used FL 5/36.

Stan~ Can you take a look at this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CSenior

Postby Jerzy » Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:44 pm

Padawan,

Unfortunately, the Distinct Segment filter doesn't work properly, as you noticed.

I back tested the Distinct Segment filter for several settings.

For example: according to back testing for the unique 7 segments, there were 354 drawings with 7 distinct segments. But when I imported the segment patterns history from WNH --> Summary table --> Segments to Excel and calculated the occurrences, the result of calculation was that there were 340 drawings with 7 distinct segments. The result of calculation by Excel was correct, the result of back testing by the filter wasn't. In some cases back testing reported that the distinct segment count was 7 when in fact it was 8.

Most commonly back testing gives correct result, but the result should be always correct and reliable. Probably this filter doesn't recognize correctly certain segment patterns.

Unfortunately, we can't rely too much on this filter until it is fixed.

This is a powerful filter which deserves to be fixed.

Jerzy
Jerzy

Postby Jerzy » Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:57 pm

Stan,

Could you please look at the Distinct Segments Filter.

This filter counts unique segment patterns incorrectly (probably because it doesn't recognize these pattern correctly).

This filter could be very useful in decreasing the package to a manageable size, but until it is fixed it is unreliable.

This filter was implemented by Joe. But Joe is no longer available on this Forum, and you are the only person that can fix this filter.

Jerzy
Jerzy

Postby PadawanLotto » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:29 am

I would like to see the Distinct Segments Filter repaired to the way it was designed to work but, I was thinking it might be nice to add a feature. I was thinking a columns choice like in the Segment Combinations Filter. This way we could choose to filter for distinct segments in columns 0 thru -5 or columns 0 thru -7 or whatever looked to be a good choice.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PadawanLotto

Postby CARBOB » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:00 pm

[quote=PadawanLotto]
I would like to see the Distinct Segments Filter repaired to the way it was designed to work but, I was thinking it might be nice to add a feature. I was thinking a columns choice like in the Segment Combinations Filter. This way we could choose to filter for distinct segments in columns 0 thru -5 or columns 0 thru -7 or whatever looked to be a good choice.
[/quote]

Where is the download for this filter located??
CARBOB

Postby Jerzy » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:38 pm

Carbob,

The download of the Distinct Segment filter is on the page 17 of My Filter Plug-ins (10-19-2007).
Jerzy

Postby CARBOB » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:39 pm

[quote=Jerzy]
Carbob,

The download of the Distinct Segment filter is on the page 17 of My Filter Plug-ins (10-19-2007).
[/quote]

Thanks Jerzy, why is this different than the one Padawan shows?
CARBOB

Postby PadawanLotto » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:43 pm

The one you downloaded is the updated version with a name change and the min can not be set to 0 in the version that you have, other than that they are both the same. I downloaded the old version for testing and haven't changed it back yet. You do realize that neither version works correctly, right?
PadawanLotto

Postby PadawanLotto » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:47 pm

I forgot to mention that the picture that I posted is a mock up of an idea for an added feature.
PadawanLotto

Postby Jerzy » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:18 am

I worked with both versions of Distinct Segments filter, but more thoroughly with the second version. Padawan reported an error in counting segments (segment patterns) in the first version of this filter, and I found this problem in the second version. I suspect that both versions suffer from the same problem.

In the 1st version the min count possible was 0. To me it was a kind of logical error. The count of 0 means that there are no segments (segment patterns) in all 11 columns. Such situation happens only when no data is loaded into EL.

If data is loaded there must be at least 1 distinct segment, the same segment in all 11 columns.

I suggested that min count should be changed to 1. Joe agreed and made this change.
Jerzy

Postby Joe » Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:53 pm

Hi,

I check this "Distinct Segments", will fix the bug soon, Thanks

(Apology for not being here for months, I jus returned from my project works)
Joe

Postby PadawanLotto » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:48 pm

[quote=Joe]
Hi,

[/quote]

Hi joe, welcome back, I know we all missed you.
PadawanLotto

Postby stan » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:51 am

[quote=Joe]
[/quote]

welcome back! i almost thought you'd retired after hitting the jackpot:)
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Joe » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:00 am

[quote=PadawanLotto:1207680497]
[quote=Joe]
Hi,

[/quote]

Hi joe, welcome back, I know we all missed you.
[/quote]

Thanks Padawan, I missed all you too,
Joe

PreviousNext

Return to Plugin Development