My Filter Plug-Ins

Postby Jerzy » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:33 pm

Hi Joe,

It is possible to build highly effective and accurete WNH Differences filter based on the calculation of Skewness, Kurtosis and the Jarque-Bera value for the differences in the WNH columns.
I am grateful to Midas for his suggestions regarding this possibility.

To see what is the Jarque-Bera test you can go to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jarque-Bera_test

The J-B value is the most important of these three parameters, but it depends on Skewness and Kurtosis. To calculate the J-B value we need to know skewness and kurtosis, so these values must be calculated first.

The formula for calculating the J-B value is: (n/6)*(Skewness^2 + ((Kurtosis - 3)^2)/4)
n = the size of the sample.

A sample of data (WNH Differences in a column) needs to be selected for the calculation. By calculating the J-B value for a large sample of data. large fluctuations of the WNH differences would be transformed into usually small, sometimes almost negligible, fluctuations of the Jarque-Bera value. If the sample is large enough, the J-B value tends to have long, smooth trends, which usually change slowly, gradually, not abruptly (exceptions are possible).

I attached a Winzip file with Excel statistics for the Australian Saturday Lotto.

I copied the differences data from the WNH Summary Table to Excel, and then I removed from the copy the data for the period from 03/08/84 to 02/08/86. This was the initial period when the natural course of trends and natural patterns were just developing and the data looked distorted. I did it to avoid errors in the estimation of trends in the small samples of data. For the large samples of data, e.g. the last 800 draws, removing the distorted beginning of the data would be probably unnecessary.

The Excel statistics demonstrate Skewness, Kurtosis and the J-B value in the WNH Differences columns, for the samples of the last 10, 50, 100, 200, 400 draws (for column 0 only) and for the last 800 draws for all columns.

The statistics for the last 800 draws start in the row 803 and are visible in the columns from AB to BH. The first calculation is in AB803 to BH 803 and is related to the data in the columns B to L in the rows from 3 to 802. The next calculation is in the row 804 (the columns AB : BH) and is related to the data in the columns B to L rows 4 to 803. And so on. This way a kind of rolling statistics is created.

When you look at the selected columns of the J-B values in my statistics, the statistics tell you almost exactly the J-B value for the next draw. Unfortunately, there is no 100% certainty that the trend would continue. So it allows for one draw ahead prediction, but this prediction is conditional, and the condition is that the trend must continue. Of course, we can adjust the filter setting to be prepared for small or even large trend changes. And, if there is no established trend, or if there are chaotic changes of the J-B value, you can decide not to use this filter for this column.

The proposed filter would work with each WNH Differences column separately, because there are large differences of trends between columns, so a button to allow the column selection would be necessary.

There should be a spin button for the sample size selection (e.g. from the last 10 draws to all available draws in the history).

There should be 3 radio buttons for the selection of the Skewness or Kurtosis or J-B Value. The buttons should allow for the selection of one of these parameters only. I believe that the J-B Value alone can be used as the basis of this filter. If you want a simple filter you can build it with J-B Value only and the calculation of Skewness and Kurtosis would occur behind the scene.

And there should be a spin button or (3 spin buttons) to allow setting the desired range of Skewness or Kurtosis or J-B Value.

And the typical buttons such as Remove, Leave, Preview and Back-test should be included.

How to use this filter?

Observation of the current trend of the J-B Value or the trend in the Skewness or Kurtosis column (if such is the user's preference) would be necessary for the successful filtering. Simple statistics in Excel would do, but more appropriate would be the creation of new Table with Skewness, Kurtosis and J-B Value in the WNH History (or maybe one of the existing tables could be expanded).

Could you build this filter, Joe ?

Best Regards

Jerzy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jerzy

Postby Red Devil » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:49 pm

[quote=Joe]
[quote=Red Devil:1193428361]
Suggestion, as Jerzy said some stats would help in making filtering choices.
[/quote]

I am working on it, surely the stats would be more helpful,

[quote=Red Devil:1193428361]
Incidentally, did you have any joy with the segment sum filter in stats.
[/quote]

Yeah , we can have stats for Segment sum soon, before that I have to fix some bugs here.
[/quote]

Joe,

Thanks
Red Devil

Postby Joe » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:06 am

[quote=Jerzy]
Could you build this filter, Joe ?
[/quote]

This is possible, Thanks for your Excel sheet, will need your help if I am not clear with explanations,
Thanks Jerzy and Midas,
Joe

Postby Elpidio » Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:46 am

Hi all Plug-in Enthisiast,

Please explain how to use these filters and what parameters to look for.
1.Ticket index digits filter???
2.Combination Single Digits Filter???
3.Segment Sums Filter???

Joe, I know you're busy with new filters, just want to report some problems with Filter Statistics after pressing Calculate Stats.
1.Ticket index Position Filter "All tick boxes Defaults to 0"
2.Pairs Odd/Even Positions Filter"All tick boxes Defaults to 0"
3.Arithmetic Complexity Filter "All tick boxes Defaults to 0"

Other filters are fine and great and we are greetful for your plug-ins. Bless you and thanks.

Elpidio
Elpidio

Postby Joe » Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:55 am

[quote=Elpidio]
1.Ticket index digits filter???
[/quote]

This is like First and Last digit Filter, If you select 0 (zero) alone and set Min 1 to Max 10, then it leaves the ticket in package which has digit 0 in its ticket Index. And if you Select 0 and 5 and set Min 2 and Max 10 then it leaves the ticket which has digits both 0 and 5 in its Ticket Index. you can verify this in Package--?Ticket Index. I hope I have to fix some bugs there.
Joe

Postby Joe » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:10 am

[quote=Elpidio]
2.Combination Single Digits Filter???
[/quote]

Here you can able to set the Min and Max counts for Single Digits in Combinations.

For Example, for combinations 02, 04, 15, 17, 28, 43
if you selected 0 (zero) alone and set Min 2 to Max 2, then this ticket get passed, because the Single digits 0 is occurred 2 times int his combinations,
and if you select 0 and 2 then the total occurrences of these two Single digits 0 and 2 is 4.

hope this makes you clear with this filter, if any please feel free to ask me.

Thanks
Joe

Postby Joe » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:17 am

[quote=Elpidio]
3.Segment Sums Filter???
[/quote]

Hope this Already Explained in this forum, anyway,
this filter regards with Segments Sum,
For example, lets take one combinations Segments,

5-1-0, 3-3-0, 2-1-3, 3-0-3, 4-2-0, 1-2-3, 6-0-0, 2-3-1, 1-4-1, 3-3-0, 2-2-2

the Sum of Segment 1 is 5+3+2+3+4+1+6+2+1+3+2

same for Seg2 and Seg3.

The count is you can able to set Min and Max segment's sums must pass for your settings.

Hope this is clear, if any please feel free.

Thanks,
Joe

Postby Joe » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:24 am

[quote=Elpidio]
Joe, I know you're busy with new filters, just want to report some problems with Filter Statistics after pressing Calculate Stats.
1.Ticket index Position Filter "All tick boxes Defaults to 0"
2.Pairs Odd/Even Positions Filter"All tick boxes Defaults to 0"
3.Arithmetic Complexity Filter "All tick boxes Defaults to 0"

Other filters are fine and great and we are greetful for your plug-ins. Bless you and thanks.

Elpidio
[/quote]

Elp, I have not yet finished works with statistics for any of my plug-ins, this is because some internal bugs occurrences, taking more time to understand the codings and I am careful about my plug-ins should not affect any other filters or functionalities in EL created by stan, So, Hope this will take time and (expert) stan is helping a lot on this stats and all. Apology to make you all to wait for my stats and filters, I do my best to all Jackpot members.
Joe

Postby zz » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:14 am

[quote=Joe]
and (expert) stan is helping a lot on this stats and all.
[/quote]

is it possible to use filtersfor all games x/xx same as in Expertlotto, or still only for 5/xx and 6/xx ?
zz

Postby Elpidio » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:15 am

Hi Joe,

Thank you for your early reply and explanations, now i get it .
BTW I appreciate the nickname you've given me. In all this 60 years,
this is the first time that I feel BIG with my nickname ELP. I feel like an ELEPHANT LOL.

Elpidio
Elpidio

Postby Joe » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:31 am

[quote=zz]
[quote=Joe]
and (expert) stan is helping a lot on this stats and all.
[/quote]

is it possible to use filtersfor all games x/xx same as in Expertlotto, or still only for 5/xx and 6/xx ?
[/quote]

Well, only few of my plug-ins can be used for all games, not all, Will make it with stan's help, thanks.
Joe

Postby Joe » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:35 am

[quote=Elpidio]
BTW I appreciate the nickname you've given me. In all this 60 years,
this is the first time that I feel BIG with my nickname ELP. I feel like an ELEPHANT LOL.
[/quote]

;-) :cheesy:
Joe

Postby Gatsby » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:55 am

:-) Hi Joe
Congratullations on creating new plugins, really good job!

Can you check two sugestions i made under my user name for Stan in page 2 of page fórum "Comments, suggestions, features requested" and tell me what you think about it?

Thanks, and once again well done
Gatsby

Postby Joe » Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:15 am

[quote=Gatsby]
:-) Hi Joe
Congratullations on creating new plugins, really good job!

Can you check two sugestions i made under my user name for Stan in page 2 of page fórum "Comments, suggestions, features requested" and tell me what you think about it?

Thanks, and once again well done
[/quote]

Thanks for you wish,

I am sorry which post you wanna me to see, it makes me clear fi you give me the link to your post which you have mentioned here

thanks Gats,
Joe

Postby Gatsby » Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:02 am

Hi Joe,
Don´t know how to create link to my post :-( but
Please go to Discussion Board - Fórum Comments, Suggestions, features requested - Page 2 - Topic New option in Group Filter, by Gastby (line 13 counting from the top) and you will easily find it.
Hope you find it worth to explore.
Gatsby

PreviousNext

Return to Plugin Development