Cluster Pattern Filter

Cluster Pattern Filter

Postby Jerzy » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:53 pm

Joe,

I attached a Word file with some ideas on building the Cluster Pattern filter.

Regards

Jerzy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jerzy

Postby Joe » Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:19 am

Thanks Jerzy, I'll try.
Joe

Postby Joe » Tue May 13, 2008 1:01 pm

Jerzy/ Midas,

Hope I found the logic for cluster patterns, will have this soon,

But I am sorry i can develop this cluster patterns only for 6/xx games now,
Joe

Postby Jerzy » Tue May 13, 2008 2:41 pm

Joe,

I believe that there could be several ways of implementing a cluster pattern filter. Midas has an idea of a cluster pattern filter which would be integrated with a predictor. Probably he also knows how to do it. Right now I am proofreading the Excel file he posted on the Forum. It contains a list of all possible variations of cluster patterns The patterns contain 0's so their list is long. I will finish proofreading probably tomorrow.

His idea of the cluster pattern filter integrated with the predictor is very attractive but would be probably more difficult to implement than a basic cluster filter. And I feel that simple cluster filter would be also easier to use. So it would be great if two cluster filters could be implemented, one basic and one advanced filter.

I believe that number of rows and columns in the panel must be used as parameters in calculating the clusters (it seems to be unavoidable). Complex calculation is needed to identify clusters of 2 and 3 as well as single separated numbers. The clusters and separated numbers are surrounded by isolating numbers which need to be included in the calculation. All numbers in the cluster are grouped around one central number (a pivotal number).And each of the number in the panel will play a role of central number for all possible cluster ( probably with the exception of last several numbers, eg. number 45 in 6/45 game cannot be a central number for any cluster, number 44 will be the central number for the last cluster of two, and number 43 will be the central number for the last cluster of 3).

A separated number can occupy 3 rows and 3 columns ( 1 row and 1 column shared with the neighboring cluster).

A cluster of 2 or 3 will occupy more rows and columns. Mark some clusters on the game panel and see how much space they occupy and how this space could be defined in the most simple way.

I know my comments are rather general, probably you already have more specific ideas.

Go ahead with this filter, Joe.

Regards

Jerzy
Jerzy

Postby Joe » Tue May 13, 2008 2:49 pm

[quote=Jerzy]
I believe that there could be several ways of implementing a cluster pattern filter. Midas has an idea of a cluster pattern filter which would be integrated with a predictor. Probably he also knows how to do it. Right now I am proofreading the Excel file he posted on the Forum. It contains a list of all possible variations of cluster patterns The patterns contain 0's so their list is long. I will finish proofreading probably tomorrow.[/quote]
well that will be fine, waiting for your documents, well I already started developing the cluster, let me see,
Joe

Postby Joe » Tue May 13, 2008 2:50 pm

[quote=Jerzy]
His idea of the cluster pattern filter integrated with the predictor is very attractive but would be probably more difficult to implement than a basic cluster filter. And I feel that simple cluster filter would be also easier to use. So it would be great if two cluster filters could be implemented, one basic and one advanced filter.[/quote]
Well glad to see his readings too,
Midas ~ please mail me your documents, thanks
Joe

Postby Joe » Tue May 13, 2008 2:52 pm

[quote=Jerzy]
I believe that number of rows and columns in the panel must be used as parameters in calculating the clusters (it seems to be unavoidable).[/quote]
I am implementing by using Rows and Columns of the numbers only, let me give a try and we will be having advanced cluster patterns too, if its not so difficult to me :-D
Joe

Postby Midas » Tue May 13, 2008 9:22 pm

Great work Jerzy and thanks for the feedback Joe, ;-)
Midas

Postby Joe » Thu May 15, 2008 5:15 am

:vogel: :#: :wand:
Joe

Postby Midas » Sat May 31, 2008 9:05 pm

Joe,

Here is the updated grid for the cluster pattern filter. Can you provide any statistics for these patterns. By the way how is the programming development going with this contribution?.

Best Regards
Midas
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Midas

Postby teoman » Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:55 am

[quote=Midas]
Joe,

Here is the updated grid for the cluster pattern filter. Can you provide any statistics for these patterns. By the way how is the programming development going with this contribution?.

Best Regards
Midas
[/quote]

Midas,

Many errors to IPSGRID-1_new. :vogel:
teoman

Postby Jerzy » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:09 am

teoman,

I was involved in preparation of IPSGRID-1_new.xls file and maybe I have made errors in it.

The file attached by Midas is 430,592 bytes and the file you attached is 149,504 bytes, but I cannot see any evidence of changes in it. I do not know what I am overlooking.

Could you be more specific and tell me what errors you have noticed?

Of course, it would be most helpful if you could correct these errors if you are good at it. But if it was too much for you, just show me one error.

Regards

Jerzy
Jerzy

Postby Midas » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:06 am

Teoman : Why copy the same file back onto the board. Show us the errors of our way or is this in your imagination?. :listen:
Midas

Postby teoman » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:07 am

[quote=Jerzy]

Could you be more specific and tell me what errors you have noticed?

[/quote]

Yes,

He compares differences.
teoman

Postby Midas » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:06 am

See post below.../
Midas

Next

Return to Plugin Development