Distinct of History Differences in Columns

Postby laurontario » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:25 pm

Just tested another draw here and, I noticed that after filtering there was only ONE ticket left.
Guess what: it was the winning ticket!
laurontario

Postby CARBOB » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:47 pm

[quote=CARBOB]
[quote=laurontario]
[quote=Joe]
Hi laurontario,

Let me explain this little bit clear

Hope Its clear, if not, let know

Thanks
[/quote]

Hi Joe,

Now it's clear.

You missed the word 'COUNT' in your first explanation and that's why I was a little bit confused.

OK, so, this is how this can be tested - please correct me if I'm wrong:

1. Run WNH for all winning tickets
2. write down the distinct count for all HD - from WNH History tab -> History differences
3. edit winning numbers and mark last draw as skipped
4. update WNH
5. generate all 14 mils combinations
6. apply the filter by selecting min/max = 11, Leave

The results must include the jackpot - Right?
[/quote]

Joe, I must be doing something wrong. I followed the instructions above and the filter failed all tickets. This filter counts the number of different rows the draw came from, correct? BTW, how do you get the cells to highlight?
[/quote]

Here's a screenshot. Col -1, I count 6, am I counting right?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CARBOB

Postby CARBOB » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:50 pm

[quote=CARBOB]
[quote=CARBOB]
[quote=laurontario]
[quote=Joe]
Hi laurontario,

Let me explain this little bit clear

Hope Its clear, if not, let know

Thanks
[/quote]

Hi Joe,

Now it's clear.

You missed the word 'COUNT' in your first explanation and that's why I was a little bit confused.

2. write down the distinct count for all HD - from WNH History tab -> History differences
4. update WNH

[/quote]

Joe, I must be doing something wrong. I followed the instructions above and the filter failed all tickets. This filter counts the number of different rows the draw came from, correct? BTW, how do you get the cells to highlight?
[/quote]

Here's a screenshot. Col -1, I count 6, am I counting right?
[/quote]

In this case, would the count be 1?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CARBOB

Postby laurontario » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:52 pm

Carbob,

from your screenshot I understand that your last draw was 4-25-33-40-41-45.
You also marked this draw as skipped in your winning numbers database, then you updated WNH

In your example here, for col-1 you must enter 6, since here are 6 distinct segments.
laurontario

Postby laurontario » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:59 pm

[quote=laurontario]

4. update WNH

[/quote]

My mistake here - I read my previous post and realised that what I wrote was wrong.

Here is what you need to do:
1. edit winning numbers and mark last draw as skipped
2. Enter last ticket under Draw Simulation (the one you flagged as skipped)
3. Update WNH
4. count in how many segments your numbers appear (usually between 3-6, but I found also 2 in one instance), and write down these numbers for each column
5. Open Joe's filter
6. Enter these values there, then filter the entire package

I hope this is better now.
apologize for the error.
laurontario

Postby CARBOB » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:25 pm

[quote=laurontario]
[quote=laurontario]

4. update WNH

[/quote]

My mistake here - I read my previous post and realised that what I wrote was wrong.

Here is what you need to do:
1. edit winning numbers and mark last draw as skipped
2. Enter last ticket under Draw Simulation (the one you flagged as skipped)
3. Update WNH
4. count in how many segments your numbers appear (usually between 3-6, but I found also 2 in one instance), and write down these numbers for each column
5. Open Joe's filter
6. Enter these values there, then filter the entire package

I hope this is better now.
apologize for the error.
[/quote]

Thank you very the post. I ran it and it worked, left 277 tickets. But, unless we have some stats to work with, it's not usable. You would have to go thru every draw to build up a database, to use in Excel.
CARBOB

Postby PadawanLotto » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:31 pm

Each column can be 2 to 6, how many combinations can be made from 11 columns? How many combinations have repeated? How many times?
PadawanLotto

Postby Da80th » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:10 am

[quote=PadawanLotto]
Each column can be 2 to 6, how many combinations can be made from 11 columns? How many combinations have repeated? How many times?
[/quote]

Yep, we need statistic and chart to work with.

Stan, can you help with this area?

Thanks,

Da80th

P.S., Joe, thanks for all these great ideas and plugins.
Da80th

Postby Jerzy » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:14 am

Joe,

Distinct of History Differences in Columns filter is based on a very simple concept of counting the rows in the History Differences, which contain the winning numbers for the next draw, but it brings about very impressive results.

The filter counts the HD rows which contain the next draw winning numbers. It does not count the winning numbers. It does not matter how many winning numbers are there in a row, and it does not matter which number in which row is present. The same count of rows can result from several different configurations: eg, 4 rows with winning numbers: 1 + 1 +2 + 2 or 1 +1 +1 + 3.

The HD Rows with Winning Numbers would be probably a better name for this filter.

Someone asked you to create the possibility of entering a range of values into the filter. It is not necessary. This possibility already exists. Only 6 values are possible in 6/xx game and 5 in 5/xx game. And these values ( or ranges of values) can be entered easily by selecting the appropriate checkboxes.

The count of HD rows which contain the winning numbers in my 6/45 game looks similar to the data from your game:

12/01/08: 6, 5, 6, 4, 6, 4, 5, 4, 6, 5, 5 leaves 30 tickets for19/01/08
05/01/08: 5, 5, 6, 5, 6, 5, 4, 6, 6, 6, 4 leaves 158 tickets for 12/01/08
29/12/07: 6, 5, 3, 6, 6, 6, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5 leaves 10 tickets for 05/01/08
22/12/07: 5, 5, 4, 5, 5, 6, 6, 5, 5, 5, 6 leaves 81 tickets for 29/12/07
15/12/07: 5, 5, 4, 5, 5, 6, 6, 5, 5, 5, 6 leaves 294 tickets for 22/12/07

In each case the jackpot ticket is preserved. In most cases also some lower prize tickets are present.

The values: 4, 5 and 6 occur almost always. After a draw the values in the columns remain the same or change only +/- 1. But if it was 6 it can change only to the "-", and if it was 4 it will tend to change towards a higher value as the 3s are uncommon.

Occurrences of values in the columns are simillar to each other:

Values from 1 to 2 - the occurrences of fractions of the percent only.
3 approximally 2.6%
4 approximally 17.5%
5 approximally 42.5%
6 approximally 37.0 %

Two basic strategies are possible:

1. Attempting to find the exact counts of rows in the columns
2. Using the ranges of values or combinations of values to achieve a smaller but a safer reduction of the package and then using additional filters.

The statistics would prevent mistakes which are quite likely when we prepare the data "manually". But I do not know what statistical information would increase the success rate with this filter. The count of rows which contain the last draw winning numbers is the most important information we need. The next draw count most likely would look similar (but not the same).

Thank you.

Jerzy
Jerzy

Postby Joe » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:03 am

[quote=Jerzy]
Two basic strategies are possible:

1. Attempting to find the exact counts of rows in the columns
2. Using the ranges of values or combinations of values to achieve a smaller but a safer reduction of the package and then using additional filters.
[/quote]

My Sincere thanks to Jerzy and Tario well explained about this filter,
I am jus thinking over this filter to be well performed with some statistics data, Your ideas are welcome for further improvements,

Thanks,
Joe

Postby PadawanLotto » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:54 am

Joe, I must say this is a great filter, I had always filtered column 0 to 5 in the Statistics Occurrences. I had got to thinking about this filter while I was at work and I don't see it as a filter to be used alone to find a jackpot but, used as a combinations reducer along with other filters.

Understanding the Count Min/Max and the possible difference groups (1 thru 6).
As most of you know I work with a 5/39 but I think you will get the idea here. I'm going to go over what I did with this filter and a whole working with all of the columns at once.

The first group would be the 1, I don't know about a pick 6 lotto as I'm working with a pick 5 but, there should not be any 1's in any past drawings and if there is that occurrence would be very rare, eliminate the 1's.

Look at the 2's, check all of the columns 0 thru -10 and the 2 in each column, set the min/max count to 0 and run back test this will give you an idea of how often a 2 will appear in a drawing, very rare for the Ohio 5/49, I eliminated the 2's all together.

Now for the 3's, check all of the columns 0 thru -10 and the 3 in each column. You are going to do a stat on this one so starting with the Count Min/Max set to 0 run the back test, do this from 0 to 11 on the count and log the results for later use. With the Ohio 5/39 the 3's didn't make it past a count of 4 coming in with a total of 6 past drawings out of 365 drawings. The best range for the 3's is 0 (107 past drawings) to 1 (151 past drawings) the tight range, the wide spread would include 2 3's (77 past drawings) and the 3 3's at (24 past drawings) and the latest was on 01/24/08. I chose the range of 0 to 2 count for the 3's.

Now for the 4's, follow the same instructions for the 3's. For the Ohio 5/39 the tight Count range of 3 to 6 occurred in 301 out of 365 past drawings and the wide Count range of 2 to 7 occurred in 345 out 365 past drawings. I chose to use the tight Count range of 3 to 6.

The 5's for me is the last difference group but for those of you that are working with pick 6 lottos you have one more group to go but, by now you should have the idea of what to do and how to work the filter.
For the 5's for me every draw will contain a 5 as for pick 6 games, every drawing will contain a 6.

Ok, for the Ohio 5/39 and the 5's differences. The tight Count would be 4 to 7 (287 past drawings out of 365) but I choose the wide Count range of 3 to 7 ( 321 past drawing out of 365). I chose the wide count span of 3 to 7 over 3 to 8 as 8 3's only occurred 21 time in the last 365 as compared to the 3 3's that had 34 occurrences. The in between counts are as follows, count 4=71, 5=78, 6=78, 7=60.

Now after all of that I knocked down 575,757 combinations to 365,027 combinations, WOW! The big numbers don't look to be much of a reduction but it actually reduced the full amount of combinations by 210,730. Finding the right single set of 3's, 4's and 5's to reduce the amount of combinations down to 400 or less and still have the jackpot combination is not likely but, I wouldn't mind one of you to prove me wrong.

The next thing to do from this point would be to explore the columns individually just as I did above but at this point when checking each column the only Count choices you would use would be Min 0/Max 0 and Min1 and Max 1 and checking all possible differences or should I say viable differences. If you eliminated the 1's and the 2's there is no reason to check for these differences in the individual columns. Uou only need to check for the differences that you chose to keep within play.

If you analized and filtered all of the columns as a whole, filtering the individual columns at this point might not be wise. Try out all possibilities and see what works the best for you. With a pick 5 you should find that 5's always have the best results and percentages with 4's coming in second and 3's coming in 3rd place. With a pick 6 I would expect that 6's would be #1 and then 5's, 4's and then 3's.

I feel at this point filtering as a whole is better over filtering individual columns. If there were a Distinct History Differences Table or some other statistics you might be able to determine repeats. As it is right now possible repeats will take some investigative study.

Based on what numbers are drawn and how the Winning Numbers History Differences columns change over the next drawings will determin the amount of combinations that are removed with this filter, the reduction differences from drawing to drawing should only be minimal.

Note: Be sure that you have only one of the differences checked when doing your statistics evaluations. While I was doing evaluations I forgot to uncheck differences while checking for other differences and came up with abnormal results.

I have always have known with the Ohio 5/39 that 2 numbers being drawn from any 1 past drawing occurred less often than 1 number being drawn from any 1 past drawing so, I have always filtered for no 2 numbers come from any past drawing. With this great filter that Joe has developed for us, I, we can now filter the other columns in the same manner.

This is all I have for now, I would like to hear what any of you have come up with in working with and using this filter.

Padawan
PadawanLotto

Postby CARBOB » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:39 pm

Both Jerzy and Padawanlotto's analysis are right on the button, I agree with them. We need a stats summary table to export to Excel for repeat analysis. I also think the ability to use the Segment Repeats With Prev 1 filter for HD Filter, would be a benefit. I have no idea how much, but until we have the Summary Table, there's a lot of room for error.

I did some checking for the Fla Cash 3, using the last 10 draws. All the draws only had 2's & 3's, no 1's, with only 15% of the columns being 2's. They left anywhere from 1 to 153 tickets, with winning combo. Those left with very high ticket counts were all 3's.
CARBOB

Winning HD Rows at Any Column filter

Postby Jerzy » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:42 pm

Joe,

This is an idea for a new filter.

In the 6/xx game the winning numbers can be located in 1 to 6 rows in a column (most commonly in 4 -6 rows).

6, 5, 6, 4, 6, 4, 5, 4, 6, 5, 5
5, 5, 6, 5, 6, 5, 4, 6, 6, 6, 4
6, 5, 3, 6, 6, 6, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5

In the first line the 4 rows situation occurred in 3 columns, 5 rows in 4 columns and 6 rows in 4 columns.

In the second line the 4 rows configuration occurred in 2 columns, 5 rows in 4 columns and 6 rows in 5 columns.

In the third line the 3 rows configuration occurred in 1 column, 4 rows configuration in 0 columns, 5 rows in 6 columns and 6 rows in 4 columns.

These configurations can occur at any column and their count is variable, but theoretically should be within the limits from 0 to 11.

The filter should have options for the configurations from 1 to 6 with possibility of setting the occurrence of each configuration to the required number of times.

1 from 0 to 11 columns will pass - any columns (the setting entered with spin buttons)
2 from 0 to 11 columns will pass
3 from 0 to 11 columns will pass
4 from 0 to 11 columns will pass
5 from 0 to 11 columns will pass
6 from 0 to 11 columns will pass

So it would be possible to enter, for example:

1 from 0 to 0 columns will pass
2 from 0 to 0 columns will pass
3 from 0 to 1 columns will pass
4 from 0 to 3 columns will pass
5 from 4 to 6 columns will pass
6 from 4 to 5 columns will pass

Any columns. But the total of the columns passed must be 11.

This filter would be complementary to the Distinct of HD in Columns filter.

Jerzy
Jerzy

Distinct of HD in Columns and further possibilities

Postby Jerzy » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:13 am

Joe,

In one of my previous posts I wrote that the count of the winning rows can move +/- 1 between draws. This was based on a limited observation. Since then I noticed that there are also the movements of +/- 2.

The count of 5 occurs most commonly, but the count of 4 occurs quite often and in each draw it is present from 0 to 3 times.

The count of 3 is less common but it cannot be ignored, sometimes it occurs even in consecutive draws.

And it seems to me that the count of 3, if present, is associated with more effective package reduction, particularly if the counts of 4 are also present (e.g. 6, 10, 59 tickets left), compared with the situation when there are only 5's and 6's (e.g. 294 tickets left). Maybe the size of the package left after filtering with this filter depends on several factors, but the presence of the less common counts like 3 or 4 seems to be associated with a greater package reduction.

It is easier to predict a range of possible occurrences of the particular count than predict in which column which count would occur.

So I suggest building a complementary filter (see my previous post -Winning HD Rows at Any Column).

It would allow to specify a range of a specific count of winning rows which would occur in a draw without restricting this setting to particular columns.

The settings could be entered, for example, as:

The count of winning rows 3: from 0 to 1 column will pass (any column)
The count of winning rows 4: from 0 to 3 columns will pass (any columns).

The filter probably could be arranged similarly to the Segment Combinations Filter --> Any Column, but it would work with the winning (successful) rows instead of the segment.

I would be grateful if you could build this filter, and I recommend it with all my heart to you and all EL members.

Best Regards

Jerzy
Jerzy

Postby Joe » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:27 am

Thanks Jerzy, "Occurrence of Distinct HDs" would be the name of that filter, do you like this name? :-D
Joe

PreviousNext

Return to Plugin Development