New Filter Idea

New Filter Idea

Postby Jerzy » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:56 am

Hi Joe,

I imagine you are very busy, but would you mind building another good filter?

The filter would work with number distances in the tickets removing/leaving the ranges of occurrences specified by the user for the groups of distances. The number of specific distances in the ticket not their position would decide whether the ticket would be removed or left in the package.

The structure and function of this filter would be similar to the Occurrence of Distinct HD filter.

Its name could be the Occurrence of Number Distances at Any Position.

Following the review of the statistics for number distances, I came to the conclusion that for my 6/45 game the distances could be arranged in 8 approximately equal groups (probably it would be OK also for 6/49 games):

Distance: 1
5 - 6
7 - 9
10 - 15
16 & above

The checkboxes would allow the selection of the groups required.

I am not sure what groups of distances would be appropriate for 5/xx games. I depends also on the total pool of numbers in the game. People interested in it should express their opinions.

The range of possible occurrence for each of the group should be from 0 to 5 (from 0 to 4 for pick-5 games), and there should be spinbuttons for entering the settings.

The example of a possible setting:

1 Min 0 Max 1 occurrence
2 Min 0 Max 1
3 Min 0 Max 2
4 Min 0 Max 2
5 - 6 Min 0 Max 1
7 - 9 Min 0 Max 1
10 - 15 Min 0 Max 1
16 + Min 0 Max 0

The count function that you use in your filter brings about the greatest results when Min and Max Count are equal to the number of groups filtered. Setting the Min Count to lower values weakens the filtering power (sometimes it might be useful, but I do not use such setting). If Min Count is 0 no tickets are filtered out (Leave). This is my observation, but I do not have any special suggestions regarding the Count function.

I believe that it is necessary to target several important parameters of the ticket and the number of specific distances in it, regardless of their position, seems to be important or very important.

Best Regards

Jerzy
Jerzy

Postby Joe » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:34 am

Jerzy,

This is possible, let me try. Thanks
Joe

Postby Joe » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:16 am

Hi Jerzy, Here i added this filter that you want, my apology for the delay, I forgot this to do, see how lazy I am :-D
Joe

Postby 2scoops » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:32 am

The filter does not work as part of a compound filter, the settings seems to be defaulting back to 0
2scoops

Postby Jerzy » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:59 am

Joe,

Thank you for this new filter. I downloaded it, however, for unknown reason I am unable to install it from Lottery --> Preferences --> Plugins.
Jerzy

Postby Joe » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:13 pm

[quote=2scoops]The filter does not work as part of a compound filter, the settings seems to be defaulting back to 0[/quote]yeah, let me check, thanks for reporting bugs,
Joe

Postby Joe » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:15 pm

[quote=Jerzy]I downloaded it, however, for unknown reason I am unable to install it from Lottery --> Preferences --> Plugins.[/quote] please download the plug-in and paste in plug-in folder, and restart your EL, thanks
Joe

Postby Joe » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:29 pm

new version of this filter available, bugs fixed for compound/group filter, please check,
Joe

Postby Jerzy » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:09 pm

Joe,

I had a problem, because I forgot that your plugins should be dowloaded and installed with the extesion .jar (not .plugin).

I corrected myself and installed your your new plugin in my EL but I have not used this as a filter yet.

In the new filter it is possible to set and adjust the size of the distance between the numbers, which is obvious. But how can we set the occurrence of this distance in a combination of numbers?

And what is the role of Number Count Min 0 Max 6?

In a pick 6 lottery there are 6 numbers and all of them must be present to form a combination.
Jerzy

Postby Joe » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:20 pm

[quote=Jerzy]how can we set the occurrence of this distance in a combination of numbers?[/quote] you can set the occurrence of the Distance, for Ex, if you want set the Distance 1 and its occurrence should be min 0 to max 2, then you have to set

Number Distance Min 1 Max 1
Number Count Min 0 Max 2

I think you are confused with pattern "Number Count", it should be "Occurrence" right? and the Max Count should be 5 not 6 for 6/49 games right?, I will make these changes in next Version, if anything else please let me know

Hope you are clear with this now, thanks
Joe

Postby Joe » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:36 pm

Version 1.0.3 of this filler available now, minor changes,
Joe

Postby Jerzy » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:33 am

Joe,

Thank you for important corrections you have made to your Occurrences of Number Distances Filter. Number count does not mean occurrence of number distances, and in a pick 6 lottery there are 6 numbers in a combination but only 5 distances between the numbers. So the changes were necessary.

Right now the filter appears to be build correctly and filters the tickets correctly. Looks simple and user friendly. It is possible to work with specific values of distance and specific occurrence of distance as well as ranges of distances and occurrences. The spinbuttons make it possible.

I am glad that you implemented this filter. Thank you.
Jerzy

Postby Joe » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:01 am

great, your ideas are welcome, I am here to do if its not difficult to me, and let me know if I missed to implement or reply to your posts, thanks
Joe

Postby CSenior » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:18 am

Joe~ Another excellent filter plugin! Thank you!

Jerzy~ Thank you for sharing your thoughts for filter implementation!
CSenior

Postby Joe » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:27 am

Thanks CSenior, I welcome all to share the ideas, let me try my level best, thanks
Joe

Return to Plugin Development