whats the story with these plugins

whats the story with these plugins

Postby supernova » Fri May 07, 2010 12:53 pm

G`day Stan and Joe,
I want to put my 2 cents worth here.While its all well and good to create these plugins,what is the point if you dont create user manuals to go with them?Some of these plugins are obvious but others are down right confusing,i for one do not want to spend many hours trying to get my "head" around these filters,as im sure many of your customers feel the same way.How can we test these filters and give you feedback on their worthiness if we cant figure out how to work them?I think a bit of planning -business savvy is in order -dont you think?
supernova

Re: whats the story with these plugins

Postby stan » Fri May 07, 2010 2:25 pm

most of these plugins are based on a feature request or a lottery strategy idea posted in this forum. sometimes such ideas turned out to be a dead end.
in either case these plugins aren't targeted for 'average' expert lotto users. they're for hardcore forum members who followed/contributed to the discussion that lead to plugin creation. they know how the plugin works so there's no need for plugin description or manual. usually it takes much more time to provide proper help pages and description for a new plugin than to write plugins source code. and to me it seems like a waste of time to document an experimental feature that 'might work'.
when there's an agreement that a plugin is useful and popular i can promote that plugin to become part of expert lotto's official distribution. so for example most plugins listed here: http://www.expertlotto.com/en/download/beta.htm will become part of expert lotto v5 - with proper documentation.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby supernova » Fri May 07, 2010 3:36 pm

Yo again Stan,
Alot of what you said makes sense,but i stand by what i said,ok a complicated explanation is not needed for the filters while in the beta stage,but at least a basic introduction/explanation would suffice-could you agree on that ,as you mentioned,When there is agreement on a certain filter of its worthiness then it will be incorpearated in E.L, then i must echo,we users must have at least a basic understanding to come to a combined agreement -would you not agree to this?
supernova

Postby stan » Fri May 07, 2010 4:19 pm

yes, i agree. but joe created all the plugins mentioned in this forum section (for free!) and i also don't know what those plugins do. so if you want to know how the plugins work you have to either contact joe or read through this forum section.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Return to Plugin Development