The Function of Winning Numbers

The Function of Winning Numbers

Postby lottoboy » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:55 am

Hi, Stan:

According to your Help, the Winning Numbers of the NY LOTTO from 1998-3-6 to 2010-5-28 (1277) can be downloaded into the Table. But the missing data from 2010-6-2 to 2010-7-24 can not be downloaded into the Table either manually using menu Winning Numbers--Add or download them directly from the website from menu Winning Numbers--Online- Update. Why?

Also, the dates of all data of NY LOTTO from 1998-3-6 to 2010-5-28 (1277) downloaded by V5 are wrong! For example , the correct date should be 05/01/2010, 05/05/2010, 05/08/2010, 05/12/2010, 05/15/2010, 05/19/2010, 05/22/2010, 05/26/2010, 05/29/2010. But the Table of V5 are 2010-5-4/2010-5-7/2010-5-11/2010-5-14/2010-5-18/2010-5-21/2010-5-25/2010-5-28/ Why?

The downloading of other Lotto data are same thing as it.

I strongly feel the function of Winning Numbers of V4 is much better than the V5!!!

Expressly, I can not transform the Winning data from my V4 to V5. Why???

Could you want to improve the function of V5 further like V4’s?
lottoboy

Re: The Function of Winning Numbers

Postby stan » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:41 am

there's no online update for new york lotto, you have to either add missing numbers manually or use import wizard - applies both to version 4.x and to version 5.

when i open that lottery - in either application version - i see dates may 29, 2010. may 26, 2010 etc. i don't know where you're getting those dates from.
try creating ny lotto again in expert lotto 5.

anybody else seeing wrong dates in that lottery?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby lottoboy » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:23 pm

stan wrote:there's no online update for new york lotto, you have to either add missing numbers manually or use import wizard - applies both to version 4.x and to version 5.

when i open that lottery - in either application version - i see dates may 29, 2010. may 26, 2010 etc. i don't know where you're getting those dates from.

Hi, Stan:
I still can not change anything about my LOTTO even I have tried it again and again by your instructions.
Look at the attachment. How can I do that next?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lottoboy

ANOTHER PROBLEM ABOUT THE FUNCTION

Postby lottoboy » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:49 pm

Hi, Stan:

I find another problem about the function in my downloading. According to your Help, the lottery winning data shoulb be downloaded into the Folder of Lotteries in my Documents but some lotteries have been downloaded
outside of the Folder of Lotteries in my Documents even my operation is same with others. Why?
lottoboy

Postby stan » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:25 pm

lottoboy wrote:
stan wrote:there's no online update for new york lotto, you have to either add missing numbers manually or use import wizard - applies both to version 4.x and to version 5.

Hi, Stan:
I still can not change anything about my LOTTO even I have tried it again and again by your instructions.
Look at the attachment. How can I do that next?

all the draw dates are in red color which means they're out of lottery schedule. do you use gregorian calendar in your windows vista or chinese calendar?
pls click menu 'help - about' and post a screen shot of that window here, thanks
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Re: ANOTHER PROBLEM ABOUT THE FUNCTION

Postby stan » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:26 pm

lottoboy wrote:Hi, Stan:

I find another problem about the function in my downloading. According to your Help, the lottery winning data shoulb be downloaded into the Folder of Lotteries in my Documents but some lotteries have been downloaded
outside of the Folder of Lotteries in my Documents even my operation is same with others. Why?

i don't know. probably because you chose that folder when creating a new lottery. or you copied the lottery folder using windows explorer.
it actually doesn't matter where your lotteries are stored in. you can browse any folder when opening a different lottery in expert lotto.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby lottoboy » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:00 am

Hi, Stan:

Thanks for your reply! I didn't use any calendar settings for the downloading and just click the relative buttens following your Help directly. It should be a default setting in V5 for the downloadings. Do you think I need to change those default settings first before my downloading? If so, how can I change it? Thanks.

The attachment is the Help_about.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lottoboy

Postby lottoboy » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:23 am

stan wrote:

i don't know. probably because you chose that folder when creating a new lottery. or you copied the lottery folder using windows explorer.
it actually doesn't matter where your lotteries are stored in. you can browse any folder when opening a different lottery in expert lotto.

I'm confused that V5 should work by using its Folder such as the Lotteries but other Folders.
Also, why the Folder of Lotteries is not in the Package of Expert Lotto 5 BETA in my Program Files like V4 but it's in another place where is my Documents. Mybe, it's the problem or I need to reinstall V5 again?
lottoboy

Postby stan » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:47 am

lottoboy wrote:
stan wrote:

I'm confused that V5 should work by using its Folder such as the Lotteries but other Folders.
Also, why the Folder of Lotteries is not in the Package of Expert Lotto 5 BETA in my Program Files like V4 but it's in another place where is my Documents. Mybe, it's the problem or I need to reinstall V5 again?

there's no problem. if you write a letter in ms word you can save it to any folder on your disk (the "documents" folder being offered as the default one). you can then copy the saved letter to a different folder and open it again in ms word.
it's the same thing with lotteries in expert lotto 5 - you can store them in any folder on your disk. 'lotteries' is offered as the default folder but it's not mandatory to store all your lottery there.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:52 am

Thanks for your reply! I didn't use any calendar settings for the downloading and just click the relative buttens following your Help directly. It should be a default setting in V5 for the downloadings. Do you think I need to change those default settings first before my downloading? If so, how can I change it? Thanks.

The attachment is the Help_about.

i was asking about your calendar settings in your windows vista, pls read my carefully.

try the following:
- click your windows start menu
- find expert lotto 5 beta shortcut
- right-click the shortcut and select 'properties' from popup menu
- switch to 'shortcut' tab
- in 'target' field append " --locale en" just after 'expertlotto.exe'. do not add the quotes and make sure there's a space char between expertlotto.exe and --locale. another space char must be between --locale and en
- if you do it right then you'll see in menu 'help - about' System: Windows Vista running on xx en (expertlotto)

let me know if the lottery schedule looks ok then.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby lottoboy » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:08 pm

Stan,

I did following your instruction but it was not working. Please look at the attach.
lottoboy

Postby stan » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:19 pm

lottoboy wrote:Stan,

I did following your instruction but it was not working. Please look at the attach.

ok, add the parameter after the last quote character:

Code: Select all
"C:\Program Files\Expert Lotto 5 BETA\bin\expertlotto.exe" --locale en
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby lottoboy » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:04 am

stan wrote:

Stan,
Thanks for your instructions! But I'm still confused that why I have to do that as above? How about other members? I don't belive that only my pc's OS is Vista.
Also, let me repeat again: I never did anything including changed some settings or added some parameter when I was downloading my lotto data by using V5.Everything is automatically by V5. But why some interesting things such as "they're out of lottery schedule" have still happened ??? There are not such problems in V4 and I used the same PC which has a very excelent system in the world ordered one year ago to play both V4 & V5. I do hope you can check your V5's program carefully. Thanks.
Last edited by lottoboy on Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
lottoboy

Postby lottoboy » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:53 am

stan wrote:

Stan,
I still don't understand your explaination about"it actually doesn't matter where your lotteries are stored in. you can browse any folder when opening a different lottery in expert lotto" Why V4 never has such problems? And all data is in a same folder clearly in V4 during a downloading instead of the lotto data can go to every where freely in V5 during a downloading. Maybe, is this an advantage of V5 comparing to V4? Also, V4 can update all lotto data online almost but V5 does that only 6 games in the world. :mrgreen:
lottoboy

Postby stan » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:20 am

lottoboy wrote:
stan wrote:

Stan,
Thanks for your instructions! But I'm still confused that why I have to do that as above? How about other members? I don't belive that only my pc's OS is Vista.
Also, let me repeat again: I never did anything including changed some settings or added some parameter when I was downloading my lotto data by using V5.Everything is automatically by V5. But why some interesting things such as "they're out of lottery schedule" have still happened ??? There are not such problems in V4 and I used the same PC which has a very excelent system in the world ordered one year ago to play both V4 & V5. I do hope you can check your V5's program carefully. Thanks.

because you're the only one using chinese regional settings, like number formating and mainly calendar settings. that's why i want you to run the application with english regional settings (hence the --locale en switch) to see if it makes any difference
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Next

Return to Winning Numbers History