Complex Filter in EL5

Complex Filter in EL5

Postby lottoboy » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:50 am

Stan,

I find two problems in my backtest by using Complex Filter in EL5.

1) The function of Undo in Edit Bar is not working for Complex Filter;

2) I can not use the function of Search to find the Winning # in the Package. Not only I can not make a setting of Winning # by using Ticket Panel on the right or Toggle winning # box on the top but also the Find in Edit Bar is not working. Only the way I can do is to search the winning # from the Filtered Tickets in CF. (see the attachment)

Please let me know what’s the wrong operation with me? Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lottoboy

Re: Complex Filter in EL5

Postby stan » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:52 pm

lottoboy wrote:Stan,

I find two problems in my backtest by using Complex Filter in EL5.

1) The function of Undo in Edit Bar is not working for Complex Filter;

that's correct, undo/redo isn't implemented for complex filter results - there's not need for that.

2) I can not use the function of Search to find the Winning # in the Package. Not only I can not make a setting of Winning # by using Ticket Panel on the right or Toggle winning # box on the top but also the Find in Edit Bar is not working. Only the way I can do is to search the winning # from the Filtered Tickets in CF. (see the attachment)

Please let me know what’s the wrong operation with me? Thanks.

there's no "Toggle winning # box", there's a 'what if' toolbar and it has a completely different purpose - read the documentation carefuly
there's no 'find' action for complex filter results either. if you need to search the filtered tickets so much you have to load the results into the package first.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby lottoboy » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:20 am

there's not need for that.

Yes, I can open another Complex Filter when we use the Statistical FIlters singlely (one by one) only. But how can I do that when I use a combination of Filters in the Complex Filter and I want to undo the filtering result of someone in the combination?

For example, I have added a combination of Statistical Filters including Adjacent ,Consecutive and Odd/Even into my Complex Filter. After the 1st running (Adjacent filter), I find I need to change its setting of Consecutive,then run it again before I run the 3rd filter (Odd/Even). In this way, I have to undo the 2nd Run (Consecutive) and keep the tichets which cames from the 1st Run (Adjacent) in the Complex Filter instead reopening a new Complex Filter to do these runnings again. Also, the Undo is necessary too for wong operations in Complex Filter.I do hope my explaination above is clear. Thanks.
Last edited by lottoboy on Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
lottoboy

Postby lottoboy » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:45 am

there's no "Toggle winning # box", there's a 'what if' toolbar and it has a completely different purpose - read the documentation carefuly

Sorry, I mean the "Favorite box" in EL4 to "Toggle winning # box" in EL5. I think their functions are same for finding Winning # in the Package. Also, I think the button of "What if " in EL5 is similar to the button of "Search" in EL4. Are these correct?

there's no 'find' action for complex filter results either. if you need to search the filtered tickets so much you have to load the results into the package first

If my understanding about your answer above is correct, it's too inconvenient to search the winning # in the Package of Complex Filter after running each Filter when using a combination of Statistical Filters in the Complex Filter during backtests.
I do hope I have understandood your answer above now.
lottoboy

The Filter of Segment Combinations in Complex Filter

Postby lottoboy » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:29 am

Stan,
I can select various segment combinations from the Combination Bar such as 4-1-1, 5-1-0 …from the Statistical Filter of Segment Combinations to filter/run.(see the attachment)

But I can not select the segment combinations and don’t know the both results of Back-tests and Run came from which segment or segment combination when I transfer the Filter of Segment Combinations into the Complex Filter. (see the attachments)

Similar problem above exists in othe Statistical WNH Filters too.

Maybe, I have not learned the function yet. Could you let me know my misunderstanding about that? Thanks.

Best regars,
lb
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by lottoboy on Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
lottoboy

The Filter of Segment Combinations in Complex Filter_2

Postby lottoboy » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:33 am

(continue for the 4th picture about the same post above)
lottoboy

Different results of Statistical Filters in Complex Filter

Postby lottoboy » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:22 am

Stan,

I find the results are different totally when I transfer the Statistical Filters into the Complex Filter even the all conditions are same.

For example, I run the Segment Size (Analyzer) first and get the highest Occurrence is 17754 (42.03%) which is in accordance with the result of Preview.(see the attachment). But the all results are changed when I transferred the Statistical Filter--Segment Size (Analyzer) into the Complex Filter even the all conditions are same. Why? (see the attachments including design, back-test and run which is in another page)

In addition, I'm not sure the problem above comes from Advanced or Complex Filter or both?

Also, the similar problems exist in all Statistical Filters in Advanced or Complex Filter.

What's my misunderstanding about that? Thanks.

Best regars,
lb
Last edited by lottoboy on Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
lottoboy

Different results of Statistical Filters in Complex Filter(2

Postby lottoboy » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:35 am

(Continue to add the last Picture)

Stan,

I want to combine the three Pictures including design, back-test and run into one Page but I can't since I can not open more than one windows of EL5. Could you let me know how can I do that? Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.
lottoboy

Postby stan » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:34 pm

lottoboy wrote: Also, I think the button of "What if " in EL5 is similar to the button of "Search" in EL4. Are these correct?

no, they're not
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Return to Winning Numbers History