Occurrence of Distinct HD

Postby CARBOB » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:34 am

[quote=Picsou]
Hello all

I have some difficulties to use this filter.
I want to determine the best combinaison of numbers of "3", "4", "5" and "6" for distinct of history in difference column filter for max results in back test

for that i begin some test. for example:
i know that a draw has passed with 5,5,5,6,6,6,6,6,5,5,6 in distinct of history in difference column.

i want to make back test with this filter (6* "6" and 5* "5")
i read later that min/max must be at 6/6 for a 6/49 game
so i have tried with thes parameters

all others values not selected
5 min 0, max 5
6 min 0, max 6
count min 6 max 6

>> it's give no result in back test

i have also tried with 5 min 5, max 5 and 6 min 6, max 6
no result also in back test.

What are the goods values ??

To understood that i want
if my distinct of history in difference column will constitued with 2*"3", 1*"4", 4*"5" and 4*"6" how to parameter it?

so i think, it's will be true for these combinaisons (2 examples on some thousands?)

3,5,5,6,4,5,6,6,6,3,5 or 5,5,5,3,3,4,6,6,6,6,5 and so .....

Thank's for your answers

cdt
[/quote]

This is the way I do it. Load the Winning numbers in the package. Then click Filter Statistics, click Filter Input, then Package. Selected Filter will be Occurrance of Distinct HD. Look at the screenshot, that will be your setting. Click preview, it will tell you how many times that setting hit.

If you are using just 4, like you are showing, you have 4(6'S),4(5'S), 1(4), 2(3'S) you can click just the 3,4,5,6, but in Count, it has to be set to Min4,Max 4. I will post another image!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CARBOB

Postby CARBOB » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:48 am

Here's the other image!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CARBOB

Postby PadawanLotto » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:01 am

Are we talking about the same filter here?
Picsou
I want to determine the best combinaison of numbers of "3", "4", "5" and "6" for distinct of history in difference column filter for max results in back test

You posted Occurrence of Distinct HD but I never thought of doing back testing in the filter Stats, Thanks!
PadawanLotto

Postby PadawanLotto » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:11 am

I beleive that the Occurrence of Distinct HD is for pick 6 but I tried it out with Distinct HD Column and I'm confused by the listings of First 5, First 10, and so on.
PadawanLotto

Postby CARBOB » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:17 am

[quote=PadawanLotto]
Are we talking about the same filter here?
Picsou

You posted Occurrence of Distinct HD but I never thought of doing back testing in the filter Stats, Thanks!
[/quote]

My pleasure Padawanlotto. Wow, you sure do have a long screen name. I have learned more from you, than you will ever learn from me about using EL. I still haven't learned how to do a Simulation!!!! Yes, I think it's the same filter.
CARBOB

Postby PadawanLotto » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:58 am

[quote=CARBOB]
My pleasure Padawanlotto. Wow, you sure do have a long screen name. I have learned more from you, than you will ever learn from me about using EL. I still haven't learned how to do a Simulation!!!! Yes, I think it's the same filter.
[/quote]
Thanks, I'm still learning how to work with EL. I have been looking into some other areas and trying to focus on things that work 90% of the time or better. I have found so far that even if you have a set of rules or conditions to go by or set your filters to you are lucky to have those multiple conditions hit all at the same time.

I feel that finding a way of reducing the amount of numbers played and/or finding numbers that are the most likely to be drawn in the next drawing is the only way to increase the chances of hitting some lower end patouts and maybe a jackpot win.

One of the things that needs to be focused on when working with EL is the common conitional filters that work 90% of the time no matter how many combinations are left are filtering. That is why we need to find a way to eliminate numbers that are unlikely to be drawn and find numbers that are more likely to be drawn.

No one filter will do the job and to many filters won't work either. If you are using 8 or more filters and hope that all of the conditions you filtered for hit at the same time, you may as well just try getting the 11 segments correct.

I know that I have said this before but all of us as a group need to give our best to finding a way to reduce numbers or give our best at finding numbers to play that works on a regular basis.

Sorry if I seem to be rambling on, as a past lottery acquaintance use to say, " I have my beer googles on" but I hope everyone understands what I'm saying.

By the way, just Padawan is fine.
PadawanLotto

Postby laurontario » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:24 am

[quote=PadawanLotto]
No one filter will do the job and to many filters won't work either. If you are using 8 or more filters and hope that all of the conditions you filtered for hit at the same time, you may as well just try getting the 11 segments correct.
[/quote]

Well, guess what...
Some people think that, if a certain condition occurred 75% of the time, and they have other 4 conditions that happen also about 75%, if they combine all five in one filter, they would have 75% chances to hit the jackpot.

WRONG!!!

Actually, is 0.75 x 0.75 x 0.75 x 0.75 x 0.75 ~24% (0.75^5)

As you said, although the occurrence percentage for all these conditions might be 75%, they don't happen at the same time!
Unless you do a thorough analysis to see what happened when all conditions were combined, this won't work.

Well said, in such a case, you are better off trying to guess the 11 sum ranges!

Best example anyone can see (in your own lottery, using EL):
In 649 Canada:
Low/High 3/3 = 34.9%
Odd/Even 3/3 = 33.2%

Well, some people would consider that by betting numbers lo/hi+od/ev = 3/3 they would have roughly 33% chances to hit the jackpot.

Just switch to Odd/Even + Low/High stats page and see how many times did a lo/hi+od/ev = 3/3 occur... in my Canadian 649 that was only 11.2%.

Well... let's see 0.349 x .332 = 11.6%!
QED
laurontario

Postby CARBOB » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:28 am

[quote=PadawanLotto]
I beleive that the Occurrence of Distinct HD is for pick 6 but I tried it out with Distinct HD Column and I'm confused by the listings of First 5, First 10, and so on.
[/quote]

It might have been design for Pick 6 games, but it works for Cash 3, Play 4 and Fantasy 5 games. I don't think you can use it as a Compound filter in those type of games. I think he's referring to Distinct of History Differences in Columns. That filter works using Column's O thru -10 , you have to be correct in each column. You can use any combinations of the 11 columns you want to use. The Occurrence of Distinct Filter uses the total that must add up to 11. In a Pick 6 game, you can have 6,5,4,3,2,1, so any combination of those numbers that add up to 11 can be use.
CARBOB

Postby PadawanLotto » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:54 am

Sorry, I'm not in any condition to make a comment here although I would like to. After reading the first comment I made it made no sense so I removed it.

Padawan
PadawanLotto

Postby Picsou » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:29 pm

Hello all
thank's to carbob, now my simulation work.
only one mathematic question before to complete my excel file.

if you decide to use a filter with distinct of history difference in column with a combinaison of 2*"4", 5*"5", and 4*"6", how many arrangements are possible.
that is the real equation of that?

thank's
Picsou

Postby Picsou » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:00 pm

hello

i think to have found on the net!

if you decide to use a filter with distinct of history difference in column with a combinaison of 2*"4", 5*"5", and 4*"6", how many arrangements are possible ?

answer will be : 11! /(2!*4!*5!)=11*10*9*8*7*6*5*4*3*2 / (2*4*3*2*5*4*3*2)= 6930 arrangements possibles.!!!!!!!!!

cdt
Picsou

The learning and using of the Occurrence of Distinct HD filt

Postby lottoboy » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:14 pm

[quote=Jerzy:1201514425]
Hi Joe,

The Occurrence of Distinct HD filter looks and works exactly as I was thinking of it. I do not see any bugs in it. And the range of values from 0 to 11 is correct.

You have done it quickly and accurately. I really appreciate it.

This filter is better than the Distinct of HD in
D in Columns filter is appropriate when you try to guess the exact pattern of "lucky" HD rows and filter out everything that does not belong to the pattern. And, of course, it is irreplaceable if you want to remove the exact "lucky" row patterns of the last draws. How many of these patterns can be safely removed I do not know. Maybe hundreds of them.

Thank you.

Best Regards

Jerzy
[/quote]

Hi, Jerzy:

I still have some difficulties for learning and using of the Occurrence of Distinct HD filter.
Why we need to use the Occurrence of Distinct HD filter again after using the Distinct of HD in column filter?

For example, I first write down the count #s in how many segments wining #s appear based to the last ticket. If the count #s are: 6, 5, 6, 4, 6, 4, 5, 4, 6, 5, 5. (4-3; 5-4; 6-4) Then, open the Filter of Distinct of HD in column and enter these data above there. Click OK to filter the entire package. After finishing the step, go to the Occurrence of Distinct HD filter. Make the setting according to the data above: 4-3; 5-4; 6-4. Tick the Box 4, 5 and 6 and fill in the data such as Min=3 Max=3 in Box4; Min=4 Max=4 in Box5; Min=4 Max=4 in Box6. Then click OK to filter the entire package. (select Leave in Matching Tickets)

Is it correct about my operation above?

I’m afraid that if we will lost some combinations including JP for next drawing when ignoring the Box1, 2 and 3 above?

How can I learn and use the Filter of Occurrence of Distinct HD correctly? Thanks.

Best,
lottoboy :vogel: :vogel:
lottoboy

Postby Jerzy » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:44 am

lottoboy,

Your approach to filtering with Occurrences of Distinct HD filter is correct if you use Count setting min 3 max 3. I noticed you did not mention what "Count" you used. Count of 3 is appropriate because you want to filter the package according to 3 ways of grouping the winning numbers in the rows in columns. The line of Distinct Diffs Count, in your example, groups the winning numbers in 3 ways: (1) the winning numbers are contained in 4 rows (it happens in 3 columns), (2) the winning numbers are contained in 5 rows (in 4 columns), and (3) the winning numbers are contained in 6 rows, each winning number in a different row (in 4 columns).

In 6/xx lotto the winning numbers can be grouped in 6 ways:
1 = all numbers in 1 row in a column
2 = winning numbers present in 2 rows in a column
3 = winning numbers in 3 rows
4 = winning numbers in 4 rows
5 = winning numbers in 5 rows
6 = winning numbers in 6 rows, each winning number in a different row.

In Occurrences of Distinct HD filter "Count" = How many ways of grouping the winning numbers in rows do you want to include as a filter parameter?

In Distinct of History Differences in Columns "Count" = How many columns do you want to filter?

I always use the same value for min and max Count, to make things simple and avoid confusion.

These filter are complementary to each other. To become familiar with them some practice is necessary, and strict logical thinking is helpful all the time.

Jerzy
Jerzy

Postby PadawanLotto » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:22 pm

[quote=Jerzy]
In Occurrences of Distinct HD filter "Count" = How many ways of grouping the winning numbers in rows do you want to include as a filter parameter?

In Distinct of History Differences in Columns "Count" = How many columns do you want to filter?

I always use the same value for min and max Count, to make things simple and avoid confusion.

These filter are complementary to each other. To become familiar with them some practice is necessary, and strict logical thinking is helpful all the time.

Jerzy
[/quote]One thing to note about using both filters together is that if both have the same settings, one will cancel the other out. If both are set to the same settings and you use Distinct of History Differences in Columns first and then try to use the Occurrences of Distinct HD filter no combinations will be filtered out. I find it best to setup and use the Occurrences of Distinct HD filter first and then say in the last drawing column -5 had a 3 and you don't think that it will draw a 3 in the next drawing you can remove the 3 from column -5 using the Distinct of History Differences in Columns. The Occurrences of Distinct HD filter is for general coverage where as the Distinct of History Differences in Columns has the ability of pin point filtering as you can choose a single column to filter.
PadawanLotto

I'm clear now!

Postby lottoboy » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:12 pm

Hi, Jerzy and Padawan:

I'm clear with two Filters now. To understand further and use those correctly, I need to do some practice next. Thanks, two friends!!

Best,
lb
lottoboy

Previous

Return to Plugin Development