Prediction techniques

Prediction techniques

Postby eblbailey » Fri May 22, 2015 6:57 am

Yes, Stan,

This is my first post of any kind anywhere. I am a retired computer systems technician from the auto industry. First of all ..I just wanted to say your software is one the more promising thought through serious approaches to this type of analysis I have seen. And I am a bit older so ...I have seen many over the years. I have a lot of ideas on different strategies you may want to follow up on or not. Now some of the filters I don't quite follow and some even though they look like a mathematician thought them out...at least on the mega millions and power ball some have little effect or weight in the analysis area. That is again I maybe using them wrong.
The new approaches I was thinking about were to use a data mining concept. Now in all fairness you seem to come close, but after analysis you should have a computer sorting and weighting of analysis characteristics and these characteristics could automatically be loaded and sorted with variables adjusted automatically to maximize yield and the result could be part of your filter builder concept. Now the yield could be tested by saving a unanalyzed section of the lotto for testing. The testing could be a feed forward and feedback testing. You could also incrementally feed forward in your analysis techniques for trends in each analysis characteristic or filter. I would appreciate any comments or feedback, thanks for your time and consideration
eblbailey

Re: Prediction techniques

Postby stan » Fri May 22, 2015 6:26 pm

I think I know where you're aiming but the problem is most filters have a wide range of possible input settings to any automated process of finding the best input settings would have to iterate huge number of possible input combinations. Then each filter settings need to applied on some tickets, possibly a full wheel which takes a lot of time. So you'd need a supercomputer and massive parallel processing to get results in reasonable time.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby eblbailey » Fri May 22, 2015 6:51 pm

Hi Stan,

Well yes, computing time is a problem, but if you initially preprocess some of the info. each time you get into Lotto Expert, then you have sort of a memory of a huge amount of precessed data each time you compute a new prediction with very small increments of new data. Also, lets say in your forum MAYBE you break up the problem and allow other Lotto Expert user to process this info. and each could upload the final solution for further processing. I know this sounds like a lot of work, but if your results prove out to be viable. Isn't this is what this all about?
eblbailey

Postby kdsjeter » Sat May 23, 2015 7:14 pm

Well can someone then please tell me how to crack 5/39 Bonus Match 5. Only 575757 combinations. There are many 5/35 to 5/39 games across the country and
we seem to have trouble breaking them let alone Mega Millions with an incredible 258,890,850 combinations.
kdsjeter

Return to Comments, suggestions, feature requests