Previous weeks numbers

Previous weeks numbers

Postby niceguy » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:15 pm

Hi Stan
Is there anywhere in v4 or v5 Statistics or elsewere that we can see how many numbers were drawn from X amount of weeks ago,without having to say look at the visual winning numbers to work it out. I don't want to know the actual numbers just how many draws ago it was since the numbers were drawn. e.g. If you have a total of 7 numbers drawn in a drawing, I would like to be able to see how many draws ago it was since the numbers last came up (e.g.3 numbers were repeated from the last draw, 2 numbers were repeated from 2 draws ago, 1 number was repeated from 6 draws ago , & 1 number was repeated from 9 draws ago) etc. Thanks Stan
niceguy

Re: Previous weeks numbers

Postby stan » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:50 am

well, there are 'repeating numbers' stats
or you can click the latest draw in any wn table, turn number coloring on, lock number coloring, then switch to latest history / number history table and you'll see the latest drawn numbers highlighted in table row header. then you can see previous occurrences of highlighted numbers
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby niceguy » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:23 pm

Thanks for that Stan.
I'm wondering if it would be possible to include in Statistics ( winning numbers), alongside each weeks draws how many weeks ago it was since each number last came up. This way you can easily follow the progress of how many recent & how many "long shot" numbers are coming up each week, which would be a huge advantage in deciding how many numbers to include from 'X" amount of draws ago in you next selections. If you think this is possible I thought I might put in a request for it. Be interesting to hear other members thoughts on the idea as well.
niceguy

Postby stan » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:17 pm

niceguy wrote: I'm wondering if it would be possible to include in Statistics ( winning numbers), alongside each weeks draws how many weeks ago it was since each number last came up.

seems like a good idea to me, go ahead and file a new issue for it.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby niceguy » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:25 am

Thanks Stan -Request done!

Just wondering also if it would be possible to put a column (in statistics /winning numbers), that would show for each draw the average number of weeks the numbers for that draw have been out. e.g say we are considering a pick 6 draw in which 6 numbers are drawn each draw, & lets say the first 3 numbers have not been drawn for 2 draws, the 4th number has not been drawn for say 5 draws, the 5th number not drawn for 9 draws, & the sixth number not drawn for say 4 draws. In this case we have a total of 2+2+2+5+9+4= a total of 24 draws out for that particular draw. If we now divide 24 by 6 (because this is a pick 6 game) we see that the “average” each number has been out for this particular draw is 4 games.
Therefore, if a draw has a high average value (e.g. 60 draws out divided by 6 is an average of 10), we know that the draw contains lots of numbers that have not been drawn for some time, if the average is low, (e.g.12 draws out divided by 6 is an average of 2 ), we know that the draw contains lots of numbers that have been drawn more recently.
By tracking the average number for each draw I have noticed a pattern emerges over a number of draws. E.g. if you get say three draws with a high average, then you can bet the next few draws will have a low average, so you know to take mostly numbers that have been out for only for only a short time etc.
It might also be a good idea to have an overall historical average number for the total amount of games you have in Expert lotto for that particular game, so you can compare each draws average with the historical average, to give you an even better indication of whether the next draw is likely to have a high or low average (recent or not so recently drawn numbers).
I have been having a good amount of success, (lots of smaller prizes) with this system, (still trying it out), & would also be interested in other members thoughts on the above.
Stan, I would therefore like to know if it is possible to include the above info in Statistics/winning numbers, as I would very much like to put in a request for it.
Many thanks for your help. :)
niceguy

Postby stan » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:30 am

the first part is doable, just file a request for it.
i'm not sure i understand the second part though. are you suggesting to have summary statistics for 'average latest draws'? like that the 'average latest draw' 5 has occurrence of e.g. 23 for the whole database?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Viking » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:12 pm

Hi Niceguy!

Since I see you are requesting statistics almost common to what I filed a new issue for over one year ago (see link below) I thought I should post a comment. Your request to have a average statistics for how long ago all numbers in a draw was last drawn seems to be a very good idea.

I hope Stan will add this two statistics in two different columns as soon as he got the time for it. There is maybe possible for Stan to add the opportunity to filter with this average statistics in my filter request http://expertlotto.com/issues/view.php?id=3 or make a new filter, but that is for Stan to decide.

Kind regards,
Viking
Viking

Postby stan » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:34 pm

Viking wrote:I hope Stan will add this two statistics in two different columns as soon as he got the time for it. There is maybe possible for Stan to add the opportunity to filter with this average statistics in my filter request http://expertlotto.com/issues/view.php?id=3 or make a new filter, but that is for Stan to decide.

everything is possible, but until there's a reliable human-cloning device on the market i have to implement new features according to my priorities:)
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby niceguy » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:05 am

Sorry Stan, I may not have explained the second part of my question above very well.
If you add up the averages for each draw for the entire history of the game (or however many games you have in Expert Lotto for that game), then divide it by the total number of games you have, you will get a "historical" average for the enitre game. This is just a single figure average if you like for the entire game. You can now compare this single figure average with each drawings average to see if the past few drawings are above or below that average, to help determining whether to take numbers from more recent draws, or numbers that haven't come up for some time in your next lot of predicions.
niceguy

Postby stan » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:27 pm

niceguy wrote:Sorry Stan, I may not have explained the second part of my question above very well.
If you add up the averages for each draw for the entire history of the game (or however many games you have in Expert Lotto for that game), then divide it by the total number of games you have, you will get a "historical" average for the enitre game. This is just a single figure average if you like for the entire game. You can now compare this single figure average with each drawings average to see if the past few drawings are above or below that average, to help determining whether to take numbers from more recent draws, or numbers that haven't come up for some time in your next lot of predicions.

ok, got it.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Return to Comments, suggestions, feature requests