A new Idea for a new filter - Match Previous Range Pattern F

A new Idea for a new filter - Match Previous Range Pattern F

Postby Gatsby » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:37 pm

Hi Stan,

Unless there is a way to filter in the way the excel file i submitted does, is it possible to implement this filter?
(opinions from other users are welcome)

Thanks.

BTW: great job with the 5.1 version. I´m still reading the documentation and hope that soon will come up with some new ideas for filters or improvements to the E.L.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gatsby

Re: A new Idea for a new filter - Match Previous Range Patte

Postby stan » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:24 pm

it is possible to make such filter.
and if you can write filter description for application documentation, you can have it implemented by tomorrow evening:)
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Gatsby » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:11 pm

Hi Stan,

I will do it (using actual description of "Number groups" and "Positional Number Range" as templates as they have some similarities). But as i cannot change some things programmed for today, so i will do it tíll tomorrow evening.

BTW, when you say you can implemented, do you mean in the development version or in the version 5.1? And do you agree with the name for this filter or have a better sugestion?

And another thing, how can i sent you the description of the filter? attaching a word document to this post, or sending it by e-mail?

Thanks. Regards,
Gatsby

Postby stan » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:33 am

Gatsby wrote:Hi Stan,

I will do it (using actual description of "Number groups" and "Positional Number Range" as templates as they have some similarities). But as i cannot change some things programmed for today, so i will do it tíll tomorrow evening.

BTW, when you say you can implemented, do you mean in the development version or in the version 5.1?

it will go to a new dev build first. when there are enough new features and/or bug fixes in dev builds, i'll make a new official release. probably version 5.1.1

And do you agree with the name for this filter or have a better sugestion?

'Number Range Patterns' is a bit more fitting as well as more consistent with other filter names.

And another thing, how can i sent you the description of the filter? attaching a word document to this post, or sending it by e-mail?

Thanks. Regards,

by email pls
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Gatsby » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:33 pm

Hi Stan,

i noticed some mistakes while defining the ranges is S11, S12, S14 and S15, so i fixed that.
then i realized that the comparisions between draws weren´t correct also because i was not comparing the last draw with the draws before but the first with the subsquents.

then my girlfriend come on home and i had to much to drink... ;)

I send you the coorected file and hope that tomorrow ~give the filter description

Sheers,

Filipe.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gatsby

Postby chezzmaster » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:37 am

i hope this will support pick6 as well :)
greetz
chezzmaster

Postby stan » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:29 pm

chezzmaster wrote:i hope this will support pick6 as well :)
greetz

it will
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby PadawanLotto » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:08 am

I noticed that Match Previous Range the number are all increase from position to position.
Also in my pick 5 the pattern of 2 hits the most and the pattern of x---x repeats the most often.
PadawanLotto

Postby Gatsby » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:46 am

PadawanLotto wrote:I noticed that Match Previous Range the number are all increase from position to position.
Also in my pick 5 the pattern of 2 hits the most and the pattern of x---x repeats the most often.

The definition of the limits is something i mentioned to Stan. In actual Numbers Range filter, Stan opted to start the first range from nbr 1. In my excel file i started with the first number which was drawn and contruct the ranges from then. Maybe Stan can put both possibilities in EL5, because in some cases the results are better and there are less repetitive patterns from draw to draw. Looking at my stats, defining the first range from the 1st number drawn originate less repetitive patterns than when as it with first range forming from number 1.

I also mention to Stan about adding the option to apply this filter "per ticket" and "per ticket position". That means you would reject the ticket if it had exactly the same pattern or only a certain number of positions in the pattern. X---X, or X- in first two positions, --- in the midlle, etc.
Gatsby

Postby stan » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:31 pm

Gatsby wrote:
PadawanLotto wrote:I noticed that Match Previous Range the number are all increase from position to position.

The definition of the limits is something i mentioned to Stan. In actual Numbers Range filter, Stan opted to start the first range from nbr 1. In my excel file i started with the first number which was drawn and contruct the ranges from then. Maybe Stan can put both possibilities in EL5, because in some cases the results are better and there are less repetitive patterns from draw to draw. Looking at my stats, defining the first range from the 1st number drawn originate less repetitive patterns than when as it with first range forming from number 1.

I also mention to Stan about adding the option to apply this filter "per ticket" and "per ticket position". That means you would reject the ticket if it had exactly the same pattern or only a certain number of positions in the pattern. X---X, or X- in first two positions, --- in the midlle, etc.

that wouldn't be a 'pattern' filter then. it's just filtering the count of numbers that are in the ranges of the latest draw. and that's what the filter in analyzer table does.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Gatsby » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:32 pm

Stan,

----x In ticket Range = 3
x---- In ticket Range = 3

-xx-x In ticket Range = 3
xx--x In ticket Range = 3, but also In same Positon = 3

xx-xx In ticket Range = 4
x---x In ticket Range = 2, but also In same position = 3

x---x In ticket Range = 2
----x In ticket Range = 1, mas in same position = 4

this is what i was thinking.

Best regards,
Gatsby

Postby stan » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:18 pm

Gatsby wrote:Stan,

----x In ticket Range = 3
x---- In ticket Range = 3

-xx-x In ticket Range = 3
xx--x In ticket Range = 3, but also In same Positon = 3

xx-xx In ticket Range = 4
x---x In ticket Range = 2, but also In same position = 3

x---x In ticket Range = 2
----x In ticket Range = 1, mas in same position = 4

this is what i was thinking.

Best regards,

i tried that in the initial implementation of the number ranges patterns filter but it was accepting/rejecting almost all tickets with other settings than 'at least 6 to 6 positions must match'. so i've removed that switch from filter options.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Gatsby » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:15 pm

Hi Stan,

Maybe you were applying this to a range of draws. This is supposed to apply only to the last draw. If you apply it to a range (even of two), what you will get is almost all reject or accept. This is because in two range patterns many positions will be coincident with the positions of one draw or the other.

My idea it’s to use it in a statistical filter, applied only to the last draw and under certain conditions.

Regards,
Gatsby

Postby stan » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:07 am

Gatsby wrote:Hi Stan,

Maybe you were applying this to a range of draws. This is supposed to apply only to the last draw. If you apply it to a range (even of two), what you will get is almost all reject or accept. This is because in two range patterns many positions will be coincident with the positions of one draw or the other.

in that case it should be a separate filter. the range 'pattern' filter is consistent with other pattern-like filters in expert lotto which scan a range of draws.
the new filter can just accept/reject tickets with given count of numbers in ranges. wouldn't that cover your use case?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Return to Comments, suggestions, feature requests