Powerball Ticket Panel

Powerball Ticket Panel

Postby cobalt489 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:19 pm

Stan,

Would you please fix the ticket panel for the U.S. Powerball. The main panel, should be 7 colums and 9 rows. The bonus ball panel, should be 7 colums and 6 rows.

I also have a question. I think that I already know the answer, yet I will still ask you. Is there a way to eliminate all the prior winning tickets, that have been drawn in the lottery that I am playing? I am playing the U.S. Powerball Game. I believe that they can be eliminated, by use the match 5, and then reject those tickets. Is this correct?

Here is my final question. You and your team are mathematicians and know probabilities. What are the statistical odds of the same ticket, (that has actually been drawn in the past), being drawn again?

Stan, thank you in advance for fixing the ticket panel, and also for answering my questions.

William
cobalt489

Re: Powerball Ticket Panel

Postby clothdog » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:59 pm

One other thing William would be to accept or reject combinations that have 2-3-4-5 numbers of past winning draws than just eliminating 5 number winning tickets.
clothdog

Postby stan » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:09 pm

cobalt489 wrote:Stan,

Would you please fix the ticket panel for the U.S. Powerball. The main panel, should be 7 colums and 9 rows. The bonus ball panel, should be 7 colums and 6 rows.

does that apply to all states where the powerball is being played or just to a particular state only?

I also have a question. I think that I already know the answer, yet I will still ask you. Is there a way to eliminate all the prior winning tickets, that have been drawn in the lottery that I am playing? I am playing the U.S. Powerball Game. I believe that they can be eliminated, by use the match 5, and then reject those tickets. Is this correct?

match winning numbers filter does the job

Here is my final question. You and your team are mathematicians and know probabilities. What are the statistical odds of the same ticket, (that has actually been drawn in the past), being drawn again?

from statistical point of view the odds are exactly the same as for any other ticket. in some lotteries it did happen that previous winning numbers hit again.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:10 pm

clothdog wrote:One other thing William would be to accept or reject combinations that have 2-3-4-5 numbers of past winning draws than just eliminating 5 number winning tickets.

again, 'match winning numbers' filter is the right tool for that.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Return to Comments, suggestions, feature requests