Number groups manager and filter question

Number groups manager and filter question

Postby Gatsby » Thu May 31, 2012 12:24 am

Hi Stan,

While using the number groups filter i had this situation:

1. i created a filter group with several number groups
2. then i went to number groups manager and created some more.
3. in the next day when i went to check the filter, some of names of the number groups in the filter had changed to the names last put in the manager.
4. all the new names of the number groups had numbers before them, so they appeared first in the group manager and in fact they seem to have "pushed" the other names down (sort of this...)
5. that is make sense that the group manager is interfering with the number groups in the filter?

and by the way, if you change the position of the number group statistics panels (v.g aggregating the distribution ones) in the WN properties window, does is it make sense that this might affect also the names in the filter? Because that is what is happening. (can´t we work the disposition of the panels to our like?)

Can you check on this?

Thanks.
Gatsby

Re: Number groups manager and filter question

Postby stan » Thu May 31, 2012 10:05 am

Gatsby wrote:Hi Stan,

While using the number groups filter i had this situation:

1. i created a filter group with several number groups
2. then i went to number groups manager and created some more.
3. in the next day when i went to check the filter, some of names of the number groups in the filter had changed to the names last put in the manager.
4. all the new names of the number groups had numbers before them, so they appeared first in the group manager and in fact they seem to have "pushed" the other names down (sort of this...)
5. that is make sense that the group manager is interfering with the number groups in the filter?

If you create a number group from a filter window then the number group stays available in that Complex Filter only.
If you create a number group in Groups manager window then the number groups is persistent and shows in stats.
If you modify in filter window a number group that is listed in Groups manager then those modifications are local to that filter only.
(it's mentioned in application help)

and by the way, if you change the position of the number group statistics panels (v.g aggregating the distribution ones) in the WN properties window, does is it make sense that this might affect also the names in the filter? Because that is what is happening. (can´t we work the disposition of the panels to our like?)

Names of the groups created in Groups manager should stay the same until you edit them yourself, so I'm not sure what you're referring to here. Please describe in more details.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Gatsby » Thu May 31, 2012 2:13 pm

Stan,

I must insist that something appears not to be wprking properly.

1st. When i create new groups - using only the groups manager, not changing anything in or trough the filter - those new groups are inserted in the groups manager at the end of the list. Then when i close the application and reopen it, those new groups are inserted in the list of the manager accordingly to their numerical or alphabetical order (i.e accordingly to the first character of the name). This seems to be perverting the filter because the names of the groups which are in the comples filter change in some sort of way. So, i ask you again, isn´t the reafectation of the order in the groups manager messing up the names of the groups of the filter, because of their new position on the manager?

2nd. Do you confirm that moving the panels in the WN statistics panel doesn´t interfere with the arrangement of the filter?

BTW, i´m talking about complex/statistical filter.

Thanks,
Gatsby

Postby Gatsby » Thu May 31, 2012 11:49 pm

Hi Stan,

i´ve checked this again and confirm that the creation of new groups in the manager, having already a filter contituted affects this filter. The way it affects seems to be related to the order the new created groups will occupy in the list of filters in the manager. So, new groups with names that go to the begining of the list, like the ones started by 1 or A will appear first too in the filter, even when they didn´t exist when the filter was made or haven´t matter of fact been selected afterwards. Others with names that put them in the middle or somewhere else in the list, aso go to be referenced in the filter, substituting the ones that occupy previously the same position in the managers list.

I haven´t done the all process of creating a new filter and new groups to prove it, but looking at the filter and the new names that appear on it this seems to be what is happening. BTW, i can´t check on the filter if those groups have changed or if only they assumed a different name accordingly to the new position on the list of the manager.

Hope this is more clear now to you.

Regards,
Gatsby

Postby stan » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:37 pm

It isn't very clear... I did some changes to Number Groups behavior recently (I presume you're referring to the development builds) so I'll check it again.
But please describe in detailed steps what problem you're experiencing, thanks.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Gatsby » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:48 pm

I've sent an e-mail with some print screens.
Gatsby

Postby stan » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:28 pm

Gatsby wrote:I've sent an e-mail with some print screens.

Thanks for the screen shots. The problem is actually in Statistical Filter, not in Number Groups filter as I previously thought. I'll try to do something about it.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Gatsby » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:51 pm

Thanks Stan, because my filter is all mixed up. I know i might have to rebuild it, but that's alright as long it gets fixed. Regards.
Gatsby

Postby stan » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:44 pm

I've just uploaded a new development build where this bug is fixed. Because the list of number groups is adjustable it's not always possible to keep reference to proper number group in Statistical filter in Complex Filter but it should work better than in the old version.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Gatsby » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:30 am

Hi Stan ,

I´ve been trying to use this filter but now it seems to be not working at all. If you choose latest=1 for any number group and choose accept only tickets with the same pattern as that last one (for example 2-3) the filters accepts all the other combinations (like 1-4, 3-2, 4-1) and only excludes combinations like 0-5 and 5-0 (inclusive with the applies 2 to 2 in each ticket option).

If i choose latest=1, and latest = 3-2, then in the filtered package i would expect to see only tickets with this propertie. it seems to be only considering the group count not the group distribution.

BTW,

When you say "Because the list of number groups is adjustable it's not always possible to keep reference to proper number group in Statistical filter", this means the name might change but the group keeps the same?

Thanks,
Gatsby

Postby stan » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:38 pm

I think you're getting unexpected results because the Statistical filter is actually using a different Number group than the one you originally selected.
When you create a Complex Filter with Statistical filter that uses Number Groups named e.g. 'XYZ', then close that complex filter and modify your Number Groups settings using Tools - Number Groups to remove 'XYZ' from the list, the filter will revert to using the default number groups next you run it.

Let's assume you have these number groups:

Group 1
Group 2
Group 3

When you select Group 3 in Statistical filter in a Complex Filter and then remove Group 3 later on, the statistical filter will pick Default number group instead.

But if you add a new Number group like this:

ABC
Group 1
Group 2
Group 3

The filter will continue using Group 3 (in previous version of Expert Lotto it would be using Group 2 instead).

I will upload a new dev build later on today where the filter will be displaying a warning if it has problems matching stored number group settings in the current list of your number groups. Then you'd have to open filter customizer and re-select the number groups in it.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Gatsby » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:28 pm

Hi Stan,

Cant say i quite understood this. I didn´t remove any groups from the list, matter of fact i created some more.
So, does this means that everytime i load another group i will have to costumize the groups in the stats filter?

i´m working with around 50 groups in the statistical filter. From time to time i develop some more. i cannot go on changing the filter everytime i load another one.

Do you think that if i create new group that goes to the end of the group list in the group manager this problem persists?

Please explain a little better what happens when a group is created or erased from the manager, because i cant´t see why the stats filter would be perturbed by that. isn´t the name of the filter what matters and not the position it occupyies on the list?

Regards,

BTW, now i will see Portugal play, hope it wins ;)

Hi Stan,

I´m editing this reply because i´ve looked once again to number groups and i definitly think something is wrong with the filter. i´ve used a single number group in stats filter and the only division between results is that "accept" has only tickets with 5-0, or 0-5 and "reject" with all the other combinations in a 2 group (1-4, 4-1, 2-3 and 3-2). If i use "count" instead of "distribution" it seems to work, leaving only the counts as the latest one. So, to me the filter isn´t recognizing the pattern of the last draw and filtering accordingly to it. I´ve checked all the other colums of the other groups (package results properties window)and and don´t think there´s one with all the same results in the filtered tickets, that is, none of the filtered tickets as the same propertie for the same group in all the lines. If last pattern would be 3-2, and i accepted only last one, i would expect only tickets with 3-2. that doesn´t happen. And btw, in the design window when i choose a different number group, the applies x to x allways refers to the dimension of that group, if it´s 2 is 1 to 2 or 2 to 2, if it´s 3 is 1 to 3 or 2 to 3 or 3 to 3. so the filter recognizes the number group and it´s composition. It just doesn´t filter accordingly to the latest pattern.

You say that the filter might be using some other number group different from the one that was primarilly in the filter. But if this was the case, wouldn´t we expect choosing accept latest = 1, that some other filter would have a colum with the same distribution in every row?

And for this to happen, considering the definitions on the filter, wouldn´t have to be between number groups of the same dimension too? (Not that it should work this way)

Regards,
Gatsby

Postby stan » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:24 am

Please email me a screen shot of your filter or the actual complex filter that you use. I will look at it again.
But the filtering logic in number groups haven't changed for a long time so I suspect some sort of misunderstanding on your part...
And I also need a screen shot of your number groups setup...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Gatsby » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:22 pm

Hi Stan,

As the attachement was too big i´ve sent you an e-mail.

regards,
Gatsby

Postby stan » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:27 pm

Ok, so I've received your screen shot and it is indeed misunderstanding on your part:)
Statistical filter based on number groups distribution cannot select the same number groups patterns as in the latest draw(s). If you run statistical analysis of number groups for selected past draws, you'll see there are several rows in the analyzer table showing Number Groups distribution. Each row represents a group of numbers. And the statistical filter actually accepts tickets whose numbers fall into the individual groups/rows, it doesn't compare the whole pattern.

In your case you have two number groups covering the whole number pool. So statistical filter with condition 'Number Groups - Distribution - Latest=1 - Applies to 2 to 2 in each ticket' will accept all tickets that have at least number in one group and one number in the other group, rejecting tickets that have all numbers in a single group.

You must use 'Number Groups Patterns' filter in this case.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Next

Return to Comments, suggestions, feature requests