Rename filters names by their category

Rename filters names by their category

Postby motiram » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:04 am

Hello to all EL users team, I want to suggest about filter list which is for now organized by their category.

But…every day list of filters is increasing and we are having duplicate or can say same names in different categories.

We have for example: in the category basic Odd/Even, High/Low
We have for example: in the category Positional also Odd/Even, High/Low

Now for example I want to create new category to store them for frequent use
If I put Odd/Even from category basic and Odd/Even from category Positional I do not which is basic and which is positional filter.

So for if all users think this could be good solution so we can request to Stan can organized filters name as follow putting their category before the filter names

For example Basic Odd/Even, Basic Sum range, Basic Ticket Panel
For example Positional Odd/Even, Positional Name Range, Positional Sum range
For example WNH Segment, WNH Odd/Even Sum, WNH Match Past Sum
For example TimMac Line With, TimMac Number Filter and so on…

This way if we will create personalized folder we know which filter belong to which category and if do not want to use can be bring back easily to their corresponding folder

And same name system could be applied to the Properties Columns will be easy to do selections.

Please give your opinion is important.

Or any other suggestion to organize filter name to read them easily

Thanks and regards,
Moti
motiram

Re: Rename filters names by their category

Postby Jerzy » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:17 am

Moti,

Sorry, I am against the changes you suggest.

Filters are well organized, and I know which of them I use frequently and which of them infrequently. Dividing the filters into those which I use frequently, infrequently, or don't use at all, won't help me in anything. It would be a kind of unproductive exercise.

The changes to filter names that you suggest would make these names longer and confusing. It would be necessary to relearn the filter names and it would take time. I prefer to use my time for doing more interesting and more productive things than relearning filter names.

The changes that you suggest, if introduced, would not be helpful, but rather disturbing.
Last edited by Jerzy on Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jerzy

Postby Ralphj » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:55 am

I think what you are looking for alredy exist. place your cursor overthe filter list and right click. There is a "New Catagory" feature there that would do what you ask. Simply rename the new item whatever you wish and move the filters in there.
Ralphj

Postby motiram » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:59 am

Hello Ralphj,
Ralphj wrote:I think what you are looking for alredy exist. place your cursor overthe filter list and right click. There is a "New Catagory" feature there that would do what you ask. Simply rename the new item whatever you wish and move the filters in there.

See the picture 2 where I have prepared "New Category" (Selected Filters) and placed 4 Filters as shown in the
picture 3, but I do not know which filter belong to which category.

My question:
Nº1-If I want to put them back to their category how I can do?
Nº2-If I Reset Filters it goes to there own category but also turn back to their original names.
Nº3-also it would be affected when update is done.

Or any other reason can cause your manual work and every thing can come back to there original status.

That’s why I wanted this to be organized direct by Stan.

This was just my suggestion to keep now onward software at least little bit organized and not to continue adding more new filters with duplicate names to avoid the conflict.

And In the future that may be consume more time to arrange.

Re Named Example shown in the: Picture 4

Regards,
Moti
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
motiram

Postby stan » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:33 pm

motiram wrote:but I do not know which filter belong to which category.

I'll create a special icon for positional filters so it should be clear whether it's a basic Low/High filter or the positional one.

My question:
Nº1-If I want to put them back to their category how I can do?

Just drag them into a different (the original one) category and then delete that empty category.

Nº2-If I Reset Filters it goes to there own category but also turn back to their original names.
Nº3-also it would be affected when update is done.

Updates just add new filters. There are no changes to filter positions within their categories.

Or any other reason can cause your manual work and every thing can come back to there original status.

That’s why I wanted this to be organized direct by Stan.

This was just my suggestion to keep now onward software at least little bit organized and not to continue adding more new filters with duplicate names to avoid the conflict.

And In the future that may be consume more time to arrange.

Re Named Example shown in the: Picture 4

Regards,
Moti

I believe the current Filters window is flexible enough to allow all necessary customizations. So if you reorganize and rename your filters it will stay like that. New filters will just appear at the bottom of the list.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby motiram » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:25 pm

stan wrote:I'll create a special icon for positional filters so it should be clear whether it's a basic Low/High filter or the positional one.

Thank you Stan, your idea is a quite better, to have special icon for filters category differences.

Regards,
Moti
motiram

Postby stan » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:35 pm

motiram wrote:
stan wrote:I'll create a special icon for positional filters so it should be clear whether it's a basic Low/High filter or the positional one.

Thank you Stan, your idea is a quite better, to have special icon for filters category differences.

It's in today's dev build app update.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby motiram » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:24 pm

stan wrote:
motiram wrote:

It's in today's dev build app update.

Thank you Stan, for creating special icon to view category difference. pretty fine thinking.

Regards,
Moti
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
motiram

Return to Comments, suggestions, feature requests