Extra lotto games

Extra lotto games

Postby niceguy » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:26 am

Hi Stan
In New Zealand, our standard lotto only gets drawn on Saturday night. However, in a few weeks time it's going to be changed to Saturday & Wednesday draws. ( i.e. an extra draw each week). The extra Wednesday draw will be run in exactly the same way as the present Saturday Lotto draw. I would like to know how I adjust my present lotto setup in Expert lotto, to allow for the additional draw each week, without losing all the present Saturday Lotto information I have. ( i.e. I don't want to have to start all over again to be able to add in the extra Wednesday draws, as it will take a long time for stats etc to build up). Many thanks for your help.
niceguy

Re: Extra lotto games

Postby stan » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:26 pm

If there's an out-of-schedule draw you can add it manually from Winning Numbers Manager window. Just enter appropriate calendar date and type the winning numbers. Then if you have all draws options ticked in Select Draws windows the selection will include also out-of-schedule draws.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby niceguy » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:09 am

Thanks for your valued help Stan.
Is that where you go to winning numbers/edit? When I tried that, the added draw comes up in red. Is it possible to make it so that I can simply click on the "add" button to add in the extra Wednesday draws each week, (without losing any of the previously added games). This seems so much simpler than having to alter the date etc each Wednesday, and having the added draw come up in red?
niceguy

Postby stan » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:23 pm

niceguy wrote:Thanks for your valued help Stan.
Is that where you go to winning numbers/edit? When I tried that, the added draw comes up in red.

Yes, because that draw is out-of-schedule

Is it possible to make it so that I can simply click on the "add" button to add in the extra Wednesday draws each week, (without losing any of the previously added games). This seems so much simpler than having to alter the date etc each Wednesday, and having the added draw come up in red?

The alternative is to create a new lottery that has a different draw schedule (to include Wednesday draws). But if you have any stored complex filters they won't work in the new lottery because the new draw schedule won't be compatible.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby niceguy » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:52 pm

Thanks Stan.
I did what you suggested & made a new Lottery including the Wednesday draw. I then imported all the past draws ( 10 years of them), then deleted all the past Wednesdays draws (as a no draw), & have ended up with exactly what I wanted. :) Only now need to re-install all the filters etc.
Once again Stan, many thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it.
niceguy

Return to Comments, suggestions, feature requests