Match Winning Numbers Positional

Match Winning Numbers Positional

Postby pyst7lot » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:48 am

I looking for how you can accept lines which haven't had a 4 number combination appear before a and reject the other lines . Example: For a combination of 4-11-16-23-29-34 I want the 1st 2nd 4th and 6th numbers (4-11-23-34) to have never appeared in a winning combination, in any order, before. Sort of like Match Winning Positions but the other way around - for want of a better way of explaining it. :)
pyst7lot

Re: Match Winning Numbers Positional

Postby D1Magnet » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:16 pm

Hi pyst7lot

I think this may be how you can accept quads; groups of 4 numbers that haven't appeared before, within your tickets that have 6 numbers drawn.

Firstly go to Winning Numbers, Analyze and select all draws, and check the box for quads (under the number combinations folder), press finish.
Sort the quads list by 0 occurrences at the top of list, and right click & export these to a csv text file.
When you open the csv file just highlight all the quads with a 0 occurrence, then copy & paste this one column into a notepad text document. Save this new text file.

Then insert a full package, then filter this package with the "Match Numbers In File" filter, and tick match 4 only (leave the other boxes blank) and in the select box (in the top right corner) browse for your newly created text file.

The EL help file "Match Numbers In File" explains more about this filter.

Hope this helps!
D1Magnet

Postby tdnl46w » Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:34 am

If I'm reading correctly,...the setup is to reject package tickets that have had winning numbers drawn at 4 different positions(?). Match Winning Positions filter with all draws selected(etc.) and "Matching Tickets: Reject" should work. As an alternative, I also used a similar statistical filter using the Combined Statistics and 4 separate positions.
tdnl46w

Postby pyst7lot » Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:45 am

Oops...... as usual I've been so busy looking at other things with this software I'd briefly forgotten to check for replies to my last questions. Thanks for the replies, as usual. Thanks also for introducing me to the Analyser - I THINK! My head is already all over the place just working with filters. lol

However, I'm not sure that the Analyser is helping me with this problem. I do want to eliminate lines from my package where the quads in particular positions in my package lines have never appeared before.
pyst7lot

Postby pyst7lot » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:53 am

And then I opened my eyes and found the filter, "Positional Match Tickets In File" which does just what I want. Man, I love this software. :)
pyst7lot

Return to Comments, suggestions, feature requests