Bug - Number Differences Statistical Properties filter.

Bug - Number Differences Statistical Properties filter.

Postby Falcon » Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:24 am

Like to report what I believe to be a significant bug in the Number Differences Statistical Properties filter.

1. In a Latest History table select for example 3 Difference lines eg Difference Line1, Difference Line 2 and Difference Line 3. (These Difference lines must include numbers.)
2. Select the filter for this table and adjust Match Count Settings eg 6 and do a run.
3. Note the number of Matched tickets.

4. Open Ticket Analyzer and select Number Differences from the available statistics and perform the run.
5. Select from the Number Differences table the same Difference Lines as selected above in Latest History ie Lines 1, 2 and 3.
6. Open the filter and select the must pass settings as above ie 6 and do the run.
7. The resultant ticket set (typically zero tickets) is entirely different to that achieved above.

My presumption is that the Difference lines must carry the same contents (of numbers) into the filter as that which occurs in the Latest history filter - in fact it must do this, but something is wrong.

A further example of the problem is when you copy the Difference lines from the Number Difference Analyzer table into a complex filter. Again the result is incorrect.

Appreciate if this might be looked at please.

falcon
Falcon

Re: Bug - Number Differences Statistical Properties filter.

Postby stan » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:12 pm

When selecting rows in Latest History / Differences table you are effectively filtering for tickets that contain the required count of numbers from the row headers. So it's in fact the same as if you used Match Numbers filter.

A filte opened from an Analyzer window looks for tickets that produce the same statistical values as those in the selected analyzer rows.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Falcon » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:27 am

Hi Stan,
Thank you for your response. I would like to clarify further what the issue is I am having when filtering with the Number Differences Analyzer.
I will go through an example of what I am trying to do and maybe this may shed more light on what I see as an issue.
From figure 1 below I have selected the following data for analysis from the “Latest History Table”
1. Level 1
2. Selecting Number Difference value of 1
ND_1.JPG

As can be seen the Winning Numbers in the Number Difference value of (1) are [ 9, 26 ]
In Figure 2 I have chosen to match the Hit Counts of 0,1,2. The results of this Filter run is Accepting 39,449,520 lines, and Rejecting 5,930,100 lines. (7/45 lottery)
ND_2.JPG

All above is straight forward and OK. My issue is if I decide to filter from a Winning Numbers Analyze table I am unable to obtain the same results as above.
As per Figure 3 below I would like to do an analysis via the Number Differences Statistic tables
ND_4.JPG

Thus I have selected the same Number Difference value of (1) as I have done in the Latest History Table exercise and then used the same settings of winning number counts of 0,1,2.
Using this approach it is just not possible to get the same results as derived from the Latest History Table exercise, in fact there are no tickets rejected at all as per Figure 3.
Further If I copy and paste the Number Difference line from the Analyzer Table as above into a Complex Filter I too get the same results ie no tickets rejected.
I thus have some observations. Of course I am not sure if I have applied correct filter usage of the data as presented - and one is able to use - in the Number Differences Analyze Table. Or, there is really an actual anomaly.
I am keen to make use of the Number Difference Analyzer difference lines in a complex filter as this allows multiple filter elements to be established also allowing some safety must pass settings to be included.

I look forward in hearing back from you with some further insights into this issue.

thanks

falcon
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Falcon

Postby tdnl46w » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:27 am

Hi Falcon.

The "Statistical Properties Filter - Number Differences" filters for separate differences. So with the setting, "At least [0] to [2] in each ticket" there would have to be at least 3 separate differences selected from the analyzer, or it will result in 0 tickets being accepted/rejected.
tdnl46w

Postby Falcon » Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:40 am

Thanks for the response tdnl46w

Ok getting closer to finding out how this works. I can see that when filtering is done within the Number Difference Analyser table it is based on Unique Number Difference values as opposed to filtering by Match Number Hit counts. However I do not understand why the outcomes of the two processes are different – as can be seen below. I consider it logical to consider that the selected Difference lines can only include the identical numbers contained within the Latest History selected lines. Is there perhaps an anomaly? If not could you confirm or advise what else the filtering on the Number Difference Analyser table might be based upon?

First again as per Fig 1 using Latest History filtering – selecting lines 2, 4 and 5 and then filtering with a setting of 2 of 3 the resultant acceptance lines are 27,289,080.

LH.PNG

And then using Number Difference Filtering as Per Fig 2 – selecting the same difference lines and setting of 2 of 3 the resultant acceptance lines are 31,669,085.

numbDiff.PNG

Performing the filtering under a complex filter gives the same result as 31,669,085

In this example the included numbers in the filtering contained two winning numbers and in each case the winning line was retained.

But why the difference in run outputs?

thanks

falcon
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Falcon

Postby tdnl46w » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:23 am

For a 7/45 lotto, the Number Differences[Analyzer] filter will accept/reject any package tickets that contain [0] to [7] pool numbers that occurred in the Levels and differences table rows you select. To get the same package results in the Number Differences[Analyzer] filter and Match Numbers filter, you have to cover a similar range of numbers. So, in the Match Numbers filter for the "Match Count:" check mark 1 - 7. Then in the Number Differences[Analyzer] filter, to cover the three 3 differences(e.g. 2,4,5),...use, "At least [1] to [3] in each ticket'. This will give the same results for each in package tickets. Let me know if this is correct.
tdnl46w

Postby Falcon » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:37 am

Hi tdnl46w,

Apologies for delay in getting back to you; have been away for a few days and still have a few more days to go. Shall respond when I return.
Cheers and thanks for your interest in this.

falcon
Falcon

Return to Comments, suggestions, feature requests