Odd/even filter 5.0

Odd/even filter 5.0

Postby ameriken » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:51 am

I am new to your software and like it very much.

I do have a question regarding the odd/even filter in 5.0. I see that I can accept/reject 4/2 or 5/1, etc. However, can I accept/reject more than one of those combinations? For example, let's say I just want to leave all tickets in the package that are O/E 4/2 and 5/1?
ameriken

Re: Odd/even filter 5.0

Postby Savage_Rottweiler » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:54 am

ameriken wrote:I am new to your software and like it very much.

I do have a question regarding the odd/even filter in 5.0. I see that I can accept/reject 4/2 or 5/1, etc. However, can I accept/reject more than one of those combinations? For example, let's say I just want to leave all tickets in the package that are O/E 4/2 and 5/1?

Hi ameriken, there is a couple of ways to do what you want, first is to go to the Menu and Click "Winning Number" then choose "Analyze", click "next" make sure you have "Odd/Even" Selected from the available Statistics, then click finish, you also need to have selected how many draw to gather statistics from. Now you need to select Odd/Even from the drop down menu in the Analyzer Tab, Now all you need to do is to select "Highlight" which items you wish to filter, then click on the filter Icon, then you can either Accept or reject your Selection from your Package Numbers.

Another way is to create a Complex Filter, go to the Main Menu, Click "File" then Select "New" then "Complex Filter".

Hope this is some help to you...
Savage_Rottweiler

Postby ameriken » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:55 am

Thanks for your reply. I gave the complex filter a try and I didn't get it to work, and I think I set it up properly.

Let me give another example of what I'm trying to do. Let's say I expect the upcoming draws to lean stronger on odd numbers and I anticipate many 5/1's and 4/2's to show. The issue I am encountering is when I run the odd/even filter, I either get 5/1 OR 4/2, but I can't sort my package so that I have BOTH 5/1 AND 4/2 left in the package.

Do you know if that can be done? In the complex filter I put in 2 odd/even filters, one set to 5/1, another to 4/2, however it didn't filter anything.
ameriken

Postby Savage_Rottweiler » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:29 am

ameriken wrote:Thanks for your reply. I gave the complex filter a try and I didn't get it to work, and I think I set it up properly.

Let me give another example of what I'm trying to do. Let's say I expect the upcoming draws to lean stronger on odd numbers and I anticipate many 5/1's and 4/2's to show. The issue I am encountering is when I run the odd/even filter, I either get 5/1 OR 4/2, but I can't sort my package so that I have BOTH 5/1 AND 4/2 left in the package.

Do you know if that can be done? In the complex filter I put in 2 odd/even filters, one set to 5/1, another to 4/2, however it didn't filter anything.

Did you set "Minimum count of filters to pass" to "1" if set on "2" nothing will pass.. as it is not possible using the same filter..
Savage_Rottweiler

Postby ameriken » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:06 am

Thanks, I'll give it a go tomorrow and let you know how it works out.
ameriken

Postby Jerzy » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:12 pm

ameriken,

To get only the tickets with O/E ratio 5/1 & 4/2, you have to reject from the package the tickets with O/E proportion 6/0, 3/3, 2/4, 1/5 and 0/6 that you do not want.

Use Odd/Even filter which is accessible from the toolbar. Each O/E proportion can be removed individually only (not in a group) so you need to filter 5 times, using Reject button, Apply button, and each time you have to adjust the proportion of odd and even numbers with spinbuttons. It is very simple and works very fast, and it takes much less time than building complex filters.
Jerzy

Postby ameriken » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:08 pm

@ Savage_Rottweiler & Jerzy- both methods worked perfectly and gave me exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for your help.
ameriken

Return to Tips + Tricks