Australian Lotto Results

Australian Lotto Results

Postby MrLotto » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:26 am

How can I find data for Australian Lotto Results/Winning Numbers that I can easilly import into EL5?

Anyone got a script or easy way to do this that they can share ?

Cheers,

MrLotto
MrLotto

Re: Australian Lotto Results

Postby stan » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:11 pm

MrLotto wrote:
Anyone got a script or easy way to do this that they can share ?

there's an import wizard in expert lotto 5 which remembers its last used settings. so you just need to setup the import once and next time only click 'next' button a few times.
the past results should be available on the lottery web site. and if there's a downloadable results file somewhere, i can extend the online winning numbers update plugin.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby MrLotto » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:00 am

Thanks Stan,

That would be great.

What do I need to provide you with to add it to the setup wizard ? Just the url to the results file on the Website ?

Cheers,

MrLotto.:)
MrLotto

Postby MrLotto » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:06 am

Hi again Stan,

Ok, I have been able to download results from my Aussie lotto as a *.txt file.

I have successfully imported that *.txt file into EL5 and can display it by selecting the Menu: Winning Numbers - Show - Table

How do I now save that file to use each time I fire up EL5 ?

I see I'm pretty limited in what I can do with the data until I register the software.

MrLotto.
MrLotto

Postby stan » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:13 pm

MrLotto wrote:Hi again Stan,

what is the url for that file?

I have successfully imported that *.txt file into EL5 and can display it by selecting the Menu: Winning Numbers - Show - Table

not sure what you mean here. the data you imported are now stored in your lottery database. if you want to update your database with new winning numbers, you need to download that file again (with fresh results) and use the import wizard again. the wizard will remember the last settings used so you'll just click 'next' button a few times...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby MrLotto » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:05 am

stan wrote:
MrLotto wrote:Hi again Stan,

what is the url for that file?

not sure what you mean here. the data you imported are now stored in your lottery database. if you want to update your database with new winning numbers, you need to download that file again (with fresh results) and use the import wizard again. the wizard will remember the last settings used so you'll just click 'next' button a few times...

Hi Stan,

Here is the link to the Australian Lotto Results. https://www.tattersalls.com.au/Download-results.aspx

That just takes you to a multiple selection of draw results so not sure how you would make a script to dload individual files ?

Sorry, I'm not very good with computers and the like.

All I have been able to do is to dload them individually and then import them via EL5's winning numbers import/txt.

I seem to be up and running now.

Cheers,

MrLotto
MrLotto

Postby stan » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:01 pm

MrLotto wrote:Here is the link to the Australian Lotto Results. https://www.tattersalls.com.au/Download-results.aspx

thanks for the link, i'll update the online wn update module to support these lotteries
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby MrLotto » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:48 pm

Thanks Stan,

Awesome.

Paid my licence fee this morning and all working great.

Now I just need to study how best to use some of the filters and analyzing.

Great product.

MrLotto
MrLotto

Postby stan » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:23 pm

i've just uploaded a new app update (build 110310) which adds online winning numbers updates for australian lotteries, can you pls check that the results are correct? thanks
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Falcon » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:23 am

Stan,

Yes is good. Results are correct.

Thanks for this

falcon
Falcon

Postby stan » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:24 am

Falcon wrote:Yes is good. Results are correct.

even 'tatts lotto' results? they seem to be the same as the national lotto results.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Falcon » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:27 am

Sorry all I did was update for last night's Powerball and that went perfectly. I checked out each of the other lotteries I have but no draw updating was required for them.

With the Australian lotteries you have in the system, they are not grouped correctly, but it sort of doesn't matter much as they are all 6 from 45 with 2 bonus balls.

Tattslotto is the Saturday night draw and is independent of the others and is probably what is called the national lotto

The other two are known as Monday and Wednesday Lotto (or similar) and are common with each other where one can jackpot into the other.

When I say it doesn't matter much, that is because I actually have all three lotteries in the one database and select each lottery as required as could be done in EL 4 - this is just a simple feature but it is good feature. One is able to compare lotteries very easily.

thanks

falcon
Falcon

Postby MrLotto » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:10 am

Thanks Stan and Falcon for the Australian Lotto/s update and info.

Seems to be working well.

Cheers,

MrLotto
MrLotto

Return to Tips + Tricks