Postby stan » Sat May 07, 2011 8:16 am

click into the chart, then select menu 'file - print'
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Re: Print Chart in Version 5

Postby Savage_Rottweiler » Sat May 07, 2011 11:12 am

stan wrote:click into the chart, then select menu 'file - print'

Stan, I also am having trouble printing charts, only way I can do it is to export then print, Print is inactive in the file menu and toolbar most of the time for charts, and when it is active and I can select Print it does nothing.
Not that I print Charts all that often, it would be nice if it would work...

Thanks..
Savage_Rottweiler

Postby stan » Sat May 07, 2011 1:01 pm

i've just tried again myself and it seems that chart printing is broken.
it'll be fixed in the next dev build.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Sat May 07, 2011 2:10 pm

stan wrote:i've just tried again myself and it seems that chart printing is broken.

correction - the chart printing ins't broken - it just isn't implemented:) the third-party chart library in expert lotto doesn't offer any convenient printing support so the workaround is exporting the chart to a PNG or JPEG file and then print that image.

or is it frequently used feature that should be implemented properly?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Da80th » Sat May 07, 2011 3:49 pm

stan wrote:
stan wrote:i've just tried again myself and it seems that chart printing is broken.

correction - the chart printing ins't broken - it just isn't implemented:) the third-party chart library in expert lotto doesn't offer any convenient printing support so the workaround is exporting the chart to a PNG or JPEG file and then print that image.

would be nice to be able to print directly from EL, I tried jpeg but that take up too much color from printer, may be you can make so that it can export to excel and print from there?

thanks

Da80th
Da80th

Postby KQLotalyst » Sat May 07, 2011 4:37 pm

Da80th wrote:
stan wrote:correction - the chart printing ins't broken - it just isn't implemented:) the third-party chart library in expert lotto doesn't offer any convenient printing support so the workaround is exporting the chart to a PNG or JPEG file and then print that image.

would be nice to be able to print directly from EL, I tried jpeg but that take up too much color from printer, may be you can make so that it can export to excel and print from there?

thanks

Da80th

For what it's worth - I like the idea of exporting to excel, to print from there. Anybody else?
KQLotalyst

Postby Savage_Rottweiler » Sun May 08, 2011 6:08 am

I would like to see the Print Chart function working one day, but for time been it's ok exporting chart first.
Savage_Rottweiler

Postby stan » Sun May 08, 2011 9:21 am

and how about exporting the chart to PNG or JPEG and then automatically opening it in the default application associated with that file type? then you can use (possibly advanced) print features of that application...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Da80th » Mon May 09, 2011 5:22 pm

stan wrote:and how about exporting the chart to PNG or JPEG and then automatically opening it in the default application associated with that file type? then you can use (possibly advanced) print features of that application...

if we can print without background color that should be fine with me,

thanks
Da80th

Postby stan » Tue May 10, 2011 12:08 pm

Da80th wrote:
stan wrote:and how about exporting the chart to PNG or JPEG and then automatically opening it in the default application associated with that file type? then you can use (possibly advanced) print features of that application...

if we can print without background color that should be fine with me,

thanks

the background is part of the image so you'd have edit the picture before printing first.

but i can either change the default chart background color to white or add an option to customize the background. how about that?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Da80th » Tue May 10, 2011 8:28 pm

stan wrote:but i can either change the default chart background color to white or add an option to customize the background. how about that?

that sound good too,

thanks

Da80th
Da80th

Postby Savage_Rottweiler » Wed May 11, 2011 5:33 am

I wouldn't want my default Application for PNG or JPG to open up every time I exported a Chart, but it would be alright if in EL5 Preferences I could turn off this feature when I don't require it.

As for your post on changing background color, that sounds great, one thing I would like to see in the future is 3D Charts.

Thanks....
Savage_Rottweiler

Postby Da80th » Wed May 11, 2011 6:10 am

Savage_Rottweiler wrote: one thing I would like to see in the future is 3D Charts.

Thanks....

excel has 3D graphs and charts
Da80th

Postby Savage_Rottweiler » Wed May 11, 2011 6:23 am

Da80th wrote:
Savage_Rottweiler wrote: one thing I would like to see in the future is 3D Charts.

Thanks....

excel has 3D graphs and charts

Thanks for your reply Da80th, I'm aware that excel has this feature, I was just asking for this feature in EL5 as I would sooner only have one Application running if possible, plus I'm sure there are people out there that don't have Excel installed.

Savage......
Savage_Rottweiler

Next

Return to Tips + Tricks