Creating Serotic Wheels in EL5

Re: Creating Serotic Wheels in EL5

Postby PadawanLotto » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:01 pm

How about somebody post some Serotic Wheel predictions in the Predictions forum.
PadawanLotto

Postby PadawanLotto » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:17 pm

Bobijohn wrote:Hi Stan and those interested in Serotic/Matrix Wheels.

Perhaps this can help!

If you Google "Matrix Lotto Wheels" you will get numerous hits. Several of those hits will take you to the forums for a program called LottoArchitect which is no longer under development but was an excellent program in it's day. However, the designer of LottoArchitect has developed a program called Wheel Generator which he has used, and continues to use, to break world wheeling records. Wheel Generator is current and under continuous development.

My point to this is that if you follow the links within the LottoArchitect forums you will find several informative posts regarding Serotic/Matrix wheels, their definition and how to construct them. The current version of Wheel Generator will construct these types of wheels for you.

I do not own Wheel Generator only because it is a subscription program requiring annual dues.

Bobijohn

Hi, I downloaded Lotto Architect 2.2 and found it to be interesting but I can't figure out how to do anything with it. I found no tutorial in the help and I see no way to predict numbers other than to use Hot/Cold/Due. I read a lot of posts in the forums but didn't learn much other than it reminded me of LotWin line builder. Any pointers you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Padawan
PadawanLotto

Postby Falcon » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:46 am

Hi Padawan,

Not sure that Lotto Architect is the tool you should be using if you are considering Serotic/Matrix style wheeling - LA is a program more in common with Expert Lotto as a lottery management and game play system and is now probably 7 years old. So whilst its processes are excellent 7 years is a long time in software development. The author in the meantime has focused on his Wheel Generator.

I have just done some simple runs with Wheel Generator using Serotic /Matrix constructions -

The 30 block wheel - 18 numbers 4 if 6 - you referred to in a previous post requires an L factor of about 0.95 ie about 5% below the optimal wheel of 42 blocks (L = 1). However dividing the 18 numbers up into 3 groups (1 thru 6, 7 thru 12 and 13 thru 18) where two numbers are mandated from each group to make up the block ie a Serotic style construction Wheel Generator will yield 25 blocks for the same L factor of 0.95 and same guarantee 4 if 6. Alternatively if you wish to stay with the 30 blocks the L factor rises to 0.98 very close to a full wheel at that guarantee. Thus there appears to be some budget benefit in applying Serotic style constructions to your game play if you choose to use individual numbers.

falcon
Falcon

Postby PadawanLotto » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:46 pm

Thanks Falcon, I'm not really interested in Serotic Wheels it just seems hard enough to me to pick 1 winning number let alone a pair of winning numbers. I was just curious about Lotto Architect 2.2, I played a round with the first LA years ago and it wasn't user friendly then and I think it's worse now.

With the talk of wheels it was looking like some here might be looking for some type of wheel generator for EL and I just don't think Serotic Wheels is the way to go. I did like the the custom wheel creator idea in LA though, something like that might be nice for EL down the road.
PadawanLotto

Postby Bobijohn » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:36 pm

Hi PadawanLotto

First, let me say I would help you if I could and thought there was anything productive to be gained by using LottoArchitect.

I agree with Falcon's comments posted in his first paragraph below. There is nothing really predictive in LottoArchitect - just another way of showing stats you already have in EL. Besides, if you don't have the Help files you are at a considerable disadvantage. To try and write out the various steps needed to use the program would be very cumbersome and time prohibitive. Lotto update data is input manually although bulk data can be imported to initially set up a Lotto. Access to the wheels may be worth while though.

Anyway, I have taken the liberty of sending you a private e-mail through the forum.

Bobijohn
Bobijohn

Postby PadawanLotto » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:27 pm

Thanks but I will just stick with EL and I do have the help files for LA but they are not user friendly either. I for some reason can't send PM's any more.
PadawanLotto

Previous

Return to Tips + Tricks