Pick 3 - Expert Lotto - MetaTrader 4 Platform

Pick 3 - Expert Lotto - MetaTrader 4 Platform

Postby winsumloosesum » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:58 pm

Hi everyone,

I posted awhile back videos on how to use a FREE Forex charting software called MetaTrader4.

After watching one of Stan's videos on "Winning Numbers History" it gave me an idea or two for using bothe Expert Lotto and MetaTrader 4. Here is the link to the videos that Stan created:
http://www.expertlotto.com/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2030
I would highly recommend watching the video Winning Numbers History. Watch the entire video then go through the video again but this time follow the steps.

For those interested in downloading the FREE MetaTrader 4 program here is the link:

http://www.metatrader4.com/

When you install the program, install it in your C:\ drive and NOT the C:\Program Files.

I created a number of files that can be used for the MetaTrader 4 software.

Here is the link to the files:

https://app.box.com/s/laiezykfkl7u0dyin6c8

I will explain how to use the different files.

The reason for this post is to show you how to use the "Sums" range as explained in Stan's video.

I'll post additional screen shots in this thread....
winsumloosesum

Re: Pick 3 - Expert Lotto - MetaTrader 4 Platform

Postby winsumloosesum » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:11 pm

MetaTrader 4 installation:

I 1st created a new folder in my C: drive (not programs folder) called "MetaTrader4 Pick 3 PA". You can name your folder anything you wish. I installed the MetaTrader4 program in the folder.

I've attached an screen shot of the contents of the folder.

The folders that I've highlighted I will discuss in the next few postings.

The box.com download link in the 1st post has 2 Excel files you can use to create your draw history and sums history. The sums history I use has a total of 1000 previous draws.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
winsumloosesum

Postby winsumloosesum » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:38 pm

Here are the actual screen shots of the finished product if you will. There are a total of 11 Levels (Level 0 through Level 10) / Charts

The MetaTrader4 charting program uses "offline" charts. The "offline" charts are created from Expert Lotto 5 by going to the Main Menu at the top by clicking > Tools >MetaTrader4. I will explain how to use this in upcoming posts. If you don' see the MetaTrader4, you will need to download/install the plugin.

Here is the link to all the images for each of the Levels 0 through 10:
https://app.box.com/files/0/f/1345455902/Images

You can set up the charts to any color background/foreground that you wish. In addition I added an indicator at the bottom of the chart where I can see when each of the previous drawing was below (blue) or above (red) the "20" range as Stan explained in the video.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
winsumloosesum

Postby winsumloosesum » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:53 pm

I added a couple notes to the screen shot explaining a few of the indicators.

The cool thing about using the MetaTrader4 platform is that you can add a number of additional indicators. The indicator that I find very helpful is the "range indicator" If you notice at the bottom of the chart there are blue bars and red bars. The blue bars indicate if the range for a particular drawing was below the "20" threshold as explained in Stan's video. The "20" threshold can be adjusted. The visual advantage is looking at each of the drawings and looking for an upward trend or downward trend. You can add a number of indicators to the chart. I added a custom Fibonacci tool along with moving averages (7 day, 14 day, 30 day). The key is looking at the chart and identifying a trend. Downward, Upward, or Sideways trend.

The range indicator at the bottom I think is very helpful. If you notice anytime you see a "red" bar where the range of 20 had been broken that the next draw the range is normally below 20. Of course the keys are which direction will the next drawing go? Up or Down. This is where you have to look at each chart and see the current trend is going.

Playing the Pick 3 game you may only need to set 3 to 4 levels and end up with 3 to 5 sets to play on most occasions. There are 11 charts to analyze so in my opinion you would need to find the 5 best "levels".
winsumloosesum

Postby winsumloosesum » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:05 pm

I also added 3 horizontal lines in each of the 11 Charts. Levels 0 through Level 10.

The 3 horizontal lines indicate the highest sum total from the last 1000 draws. The Middle value from the last 100 draws. The lowest level from the last 1000 draws.

Each Pick 3 lottery game will have different levels. For example, the Florida Pick 3 game may have slightly different High, Middle, Low levels than the Pennsylvania Pick 3 game for Level 0.

https://app.box.com/s/r7v9itcen8bink829q74
winsumloosesum

Postby winsumloosesum » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:20 pm

In the following box.com link you will see 2 Excel files available:

https://app.box.com/s/8l4rchz8j1nn8vv8ql00

1. PAPick3DrawsHistoryEL.xlsm
2. Expert Lotto History Sums PA Pick 3 Eve Draws.xlsm

The following screen shot was taken from the Excel file "Expert Lotto History Sums PA Pick 3 Eve Draws.xlsm" from the tab labeled "Dashboard"

These are the "Max", "Mid" (middle), and Min (minimum) sums levels 0 through 10. These are the 3 lines I added to each of the 11 MetaTrader 4 charts.
winsumloosesum

Postby winsumloosesum » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:26 pm

The 2nd tab labeled "HistorySums" of the Excel file "Expert Lotto History Sums PA Pick 3 Eve Draws.xlsm" are the 1000 previous draws exported from Expert Lotto 5. Column A contains the Draw Number, Date, and Ticket Numbers (Pick 3 results)

The reason I added the "Draw Numbers" is that my state from time to time adds a bonus draw (2nd draw) on the same day.
winsumloosesum

Postby winsumloosesum » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:38 pm

In the screenshot below is the list of the most current 1000 draws. You can right-click inside the area where you see the arrow and you have the option of either printing or exporting the "Sums" data for the 1000 most current draws to a .csv file. This is where I exporting the most current draws into a .csv file then copied them to my Excel file. If you click the "Date" heading in Expert Lotto (see image below), this will allow you to either place the draw history in ascending or descending order. I use the most current draw at the top.
winsumloosesum

Postby winsumloosesum » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:50 pm

The 2nd Excel file "PAPick3DrawHistoryEL.xlsm" is what I use to update the Pennsylvania Pick 3 evening draws.

Any new draw I would click the Toolbar "Add New Drawing" and just enter the Pick 3 draw in cell D20

The drawing for November 29 2013 was 7-1-5. So I would click the "Add New Drawing" toolbar then enter 715 in cell D20.
winsumloosesum

Postby winsumloosesum » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:57 pm

The next step is where I would copy and paste the draw or draws into Notepad then save it to my Desktop then import the draw or draws into Expert Lotto.
winsumloosesum

Postby winsumloosesum » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:05 pm

Open Expert Lotto 5.

Go to the Main Menu at the top.

Click Winning Numbers > Select Import

A window will open.

Since I copied the draw to Notepad and saved it to my Desktop I would check the radio button "text file"

I would then click the "Browse" button and select the file from my Desktop called PA3E where I saved the drawing in Notepad
winsumloosesum

Postby winsumloosesum » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:09 pm

I would click the Next button. See screen shot below.

Then I would click the "Next" button again
winsumloosesum

Postby winsumloosesum » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:14 pm

In the next screen shot below is where you select the parameters for the imported data.

There are drop down arrows where you select the data type you are importing. Once you've selected all the correct data types just click the Next button at the bottom.
winsumloosesum

Postby winsumloosesum » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:19 pm

Click the radio button "Add new draws only" then click the "Finish" button at the bottom.

You should see a message appear telling you "how many" draws were imported. In this example it would be only 1.

See attached screen shots.
winsumloosesum

Postby winsumloosesum » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:23 pm

Once the drawing is imported you should see the updated "Sums" Levels
See attached screen shot.
winsumloosesum

Next

Return to Tips + Tricks