Pairs from file

Pairs from file

Postby player111 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:37 am

Hi, everyone.
I want to filter out my package with the filter, called "match numbers from file". I have a .txt file with some pairs for ticket positions 1 and 2. They are in two columns (1-2, 1-8, 1-18... etc.). How can I use them as pairs for certain positions? Right now, I can only use them as separate numbers. Thanks.
player111

Re: Pairs from file

Postby tdnl46w » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:39 am

If you have the 'Automation' plug-in, the option for Build Filters - Positions Filter accepts files by positions.
tdnl46w

Postby player111 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:44 pm

tdnl46w wrote:If you have the 'Automation' plug-in, the option for Build Filters - Positions Filter accepts files by positions.

Thank you, tdnl46w, but it works partly. Filter, containing pairs from file, created with automation plugin, does not filter anything. I made a full package, pressed "preview", and got this message:

Here is the text from "details" form (for Stan, I guess):

Code: Select all
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1
   at java.util.ArrayList.elementData(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.ArrayList.get(Unknown Source)
   at com.expertlotto.filters.basic.positional.NumbersAtPositionsFilter.<init>(NumbersAtPositionsFilter.java:37)
   at com.expertlotto.filters.basic.positional.NumbersAtPositionsSettings.createFilters(NumbersAtPositionsSettings.java:101)
   at com.expertlotto.filters.basic.positional.NumbersAtPositionsSettings.doCreateFilters(NumbersAtPositionsSettings.java:95)
   at com.expertlotto.filtering.api.PositionalFilterSettings.createFilters(PositionalFilterSettings.java:159)
   at com.expertlotto.filtering.complex.ui.FilterSettingsNode$PreviewTicketCounterImpl.createFilters(FilterSettingsNode.java:559)
   at com.expertlotto.filtering.complex.GroupFilterSettings.createPreviewFilters(GroupFilterSettings.java:249)
   at com.expertlotto.filtering.complex.ui.FilterSettingsNode$PreviewTicketCounterImpl.createFilters(FilterSettingsNode.java:557)
   at com.expertlotto.filtering.complex.ui.PreviewPanel.createExecutor(PreviewPanel.java:46)
   at com.expertlotto.filtering.complex.ui.AbstractExecutionPanel.execute(AbstractExecutionPanel.java:338)
   at com.expertlotto.filtering.complex.ui.AbstractExecutionPanel$1.actionPerformed(AbstractExecutionPanel.java:73)
   at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.expertlotto.ui.support.DropDownButton$Model.setPressed(DropDownButton.java:238)
   at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
   at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
   at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
   at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
[catch] at org.netbeans.core.TimableEventQueue.dispatchEvent(TimableEventQueue.java:159)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
player111

Postby tdnl46w » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:09 am

Hi player111.

If I read the information correctly, the Automation plug-in is still being developed. I have a similar error message so its probably a bug. For a temporary workaround. In each of the Numbers at Positions filter that is generated, uncheck then recheck just one of the positions, or adjust the 'pass' values at the bottom of the filters. This seems to activate the filter and then using a Run command works without the error. Not the best workaround, but the file numbers I tested filtered correctly.
tdnl46w

Postby player111 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:30 pm

tdnl46w wrote:Hi player111.
If I read the information correctly, the Automation plug-in is still being developed. I have a similar error message so its probably a bug. For a temporary workaround. In each of the Numbers at Positions filter that is generated, uncheck then recheck just one of the positions, or adjust the 'pass' values at the bottom of the filters. This seems to activate the filter and then using a Run command works without the error. Not the best workaround, but the file numbers I tested filtered correctly.

Thanks, tdnl46w, but I have more than 150 pairs, so, manual checking and unchecking on all of those filters is not an option. Is there some other way of placing bunch of numbers on certain positions in the complex filter?

P.S. To Stan: is it possible to do something with this bug? Or this plugin is not in your responsibility?
player111

Postby tdnl46w » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:07 pm

With this workaround I agree, the amount of generated filters can be an issue. However, with this filter setup(and some others) you may still have to click on each filter to change the 'must pass' default values(?). I had to do this in testing to accept/reject some package tickets. Maybe add a feature request to be able to change a value for multiple filter selections.

... Is there some other way of placing bunch of numbers on certain positions in the complex filter? ...

Another way to enter file numbers is to Copy/Paste the numbers to the Numbers at Positions filter edit field(s). The numbers have to be separated by a comma. It's not the same results as what the automation Positions Filter does, but depending on how the text file is setup, it can save some time entering numbers.
tdnl46w

Postby stan » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:14 pm

I'll fix this bug in the next app update.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby tdnl46w » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:04 am

Thanks stan. The bug was fixed with the latest update.
tdnl46w

Return to Tips + Tricks