wish list for Expert Lotto 5.0

wish list for Expert Lotto 5.0

Postby stan » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:29 pm

post here which features you would like to see in expert lotto version 5.0
but please do not post requests for new filters/stats - those can be added at any time later on. i'm more interested in improvements in general user interface area, like working with saved files, viewing statistics, applying/previewing filters etc. there are lots of features on my todo list already, for example out-of-order draws, unsorted winning numbers, pick 3/4 support etc. but i'm sure there are many things that can be done better in version 5.0
so please forget about the current work flow in expert lotto and think what would be the best way to work with your lottery strategies and what support you'd like to see in the next version of expert lotto.
a few things that are already on my mind:
- apply & preview filters in background (you can work with the rest of the application when filter(s) are running)
- run statistics in background
- show more than one stats table at the same time
- show stats for multiple files (packages) and/or sets of winning numbers at the same time
- better multi-threading support
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby CARBOB » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:55 pm

[quote=stan]
post here which features you would like to see in expert lotto version 5.0
but please do not post requests for new filters/stats - those can be added at any time later on. i'm more interested in improvements in general user interface area, like working with saved files, viewing statistics, applying/previewing filters etc. there are lots of features on my todo list already, for example out-of-order draws, unsorted winning numbers, pick 3/4 support etc. but i'm sure there are many things that can be done better in version 5.0
so please forget about the current work flow in expert lotto and think what would be the best way to work with your lottery strategies and what support you'd like to see in the next version of expert lotto.
a few things that are already on my mind:
- apply & preview filters in background (you can work with the rest of the application when filter(s) are running)
- run statistics in background
- show more than one stats table at the same time
- show stats for multiple files (packages) and/or sets of winning numbers at the same time
- better multi-threading support
[/quote]

Stan, this is my top request "there are lots of features on my todo list already, for example out-of-order draws, unsorted winning numbers, pick 3/4 support etc. " with the ability to use all filters.
CARBOB

Postby Da80th » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:17 pm

hi Stan,

I would like to see the the size of the column either auto or manually adjust to fit the data within each of the column, this way we will see EL nicely fit in window and less white space that currently take up to 40% of EL screen.

Another good option to added to verion 5 is allow the user to be able to move Col 0, -1, -2... around in WN History table. For example, I may want to compare Col 0, -1, -2, -5, -6.... now I can move these five columns to the left so I can visually analyze and compare each other.

May be a good option to have is to see our favorite lotto game(s) automatically move to the top of the list under Lottery > Select > (favorite and used the most lotto game on top). A good example is in MS Windows XP > Start > (most often used programs on top of the list).

Thanks,

Da80th
Da80th

Postby niceguy » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:01 am

I would like to be able to organise the filter list from top to bottom in the order that suits the user best . (e.g. we can move all the filters we use most of the time to the top of the filter list) similar to the way you can organise the order in the stats listings/options. Thanks Stan.
niceguy

Postby Falcon » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:21 am

Hi Stan,

Thanks for the opportunity to make input.

Structural
Would like to access favorite filters direct off the tool bar instead of out of pull down lists.

Would like to be able to shift/drag columns about.

CPU multi-threading applied globally.

Would like to be able to open more than one tab panel or filter window at a time.

Perl system as a plugin. (Aware of your previous comments, but this filter is so powerful and efficient it needs to have easier use and access so that those who may not be command line literate can make good use of it.)

Feature
Some sort of tool to allow optimization or tuning of segment sizes to particular lottery.

Perhaps some sort of number Hot Cold Due module.

thanks

falcon
Falcon

Postby Jerzy » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:36 am

Stan,

In the Package page there is "Statistics' button which opens the panel for customization of what should be shown in the Package Statistics. Probably it would be easier to access the Customize function if this button was moved to the Package Statistics page.

I believe that simulation, simulation back-test, and segment statistics pages should be expanded with new features added, eg calculation of the Pearson's Coefficient of Skewness for sums and possibility of removing the tickets for which this coefficient is out of range.

Maybe the simulation and simulation backtest should be moved from the WN History to a separate page to make it prominent and allow future expansion.
Jerzy

Postby niceguy » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:03 am

Is there any chance that we could have an option in " pairs " under stats, to be able to select which pairs are shown in stats??. e.g. I only need 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8 etc, up to the total number of numbers available in a particular lotto drawing, & not every pair possible (eg 1-2, 1-3, 1-4 , 1-5 etc) as it is at present.
niceguy

Postby stan » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:57 pm

[quote=niceguy]
Is there any chance that we could have an option in " pairs " under stats, to be able to select which pairs are shown in stats??. e.g. I only need 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8 etc, up to the total number of numbers available in a particular lotto drawing, & not every pair possible (eg 1-2, 1-3, 1-4 , 1-5 etc) as it is at present.
[/quote]

well, that's just a sub-set of the whole table and there will be table filters to show only rows you're interested in (like hiding zero-occurrence rows now). this is a good candidate
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby lottoboy » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:08 pm

Hi, Stan:

Thanks for your great job to update EL!

I do hope the V5 can improve the Sorted Statistics further including the second simulation based on ST even third... Thanks.

Best Regards,
lb
lottoboy

Postby niceguy » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:45 am

Thanks Stan. That would be great if you can do the modification regarding pairs.
niceguy

Postby stan » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:11 pm

[quote=lottoboy]
I do hope the V5 can improve the Sorted Statistics further including the second simulation based on ST even third... Thanks.
[/quote]

???
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby alland » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:29 pm

I would like to see the the size of the column either auto or manually adjust to fit the data within each of the column, this way we will see EL nicely fit in window and less white space that currently take up to 40% of EL screen.

i am with that !!

I believe that simulation, simulation back-test, and segment statistics pages should be expanded with new features added, eg calculation of the Pearson's Coefficient of Skewness for sums and possibility of removing the tickets for which this coefficient is out of range.

Maybe the simulation and simulation backtest should be moved from the WN History to a separate page to make it prominent and allow future expansion.

i am with that too!!

i would like to to be able make any column bigger or smaller like in excell

cheers
alland

Postby Da80th » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:03 pm

[quote=Da80th:1217873869]
hi Stan,

Da80th
[/quote]

just to be clear, the column size mentioned here was referring to column width on WN History table.

also Stan, when you coding for Pick 3/4 game on new version 5, be sure it also works for 5-digit similar to Pick 3/4 type of digit lotto game because Pennsylvania will starting new game called Quinto which basically Pick 3/4/5 ( 0-9 ) type of lotto game end of August. You can read more here: http://www.lotterypost.com/news/179324

Thanks,

Da80th
Da80th

Postby lottoboy » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:10 pm

[quote=stan]
[quote=lottoboy]
[/quote]

???
[/quote]

Hi, Stan:

My means is that the key problem of EL should to improve their predictive precision of some main Filters further instead the quantity of Filters in EL.

In other words, the most important thing in your new EL Version 5 should focus on the quality of Filters.

For example, the Sorted Statistics was a very good feature and working well. But I'm felling strongly that the ST is lagging behind. Recently I tried to use
the ST to my 6/49 again and again but nothing....

I do hope I have clearly explained my wish to V5.

And I'm sorry about my straightforward and thank you so much to your great job and very very sincere and nice reply to members!!!

One suggestion: Could you invite a person to take the Customer Service
such as answering so many questions from members everyday by you only? If so, you can focus on the improvement of Filters in EL with all your might.

Best regards,
lb
lottoboy

Postby Falcon » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:33 am

Da80th,

Don't wish to disturb the threads going here from their main purpose but
in the meantime you can adjust column width at yourlottery.properties as per

# Winning Numbers History
#
#############################################################################
Summary table cell
wnhistory.summary.cell.width=79

and this will give a complete screen of cells without need for the lower slidebar - adjust the value to suit your display.

the default value here, is from memory, 90

falcon
Falcon

Next

Return to Development versions