wish list for Expert Lotto 5.0

Postby stan » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:46 pm

[quote=Lexus]
Hi Stan

Excuse for bad English
I use the translator from Russian on English

In an investment a screenshot showing possibility of creation of the new filter for Expert Lotto

The given filter will allow to unite statistics from MS Excell and Expert Lotto, instead of to write new programs or to use what or others.

Happens it is necessary to enter very-many given in Match Numbers Filtre which are calculated by means of formulas in Excell or other programs.
On it many hours and set of the data simply physically leave have not time to process

The idea essence is very simple: an example

The first 7 numbers in line - coincidence on Match 0, Match 1, Match 2... Match 6

8, 9 number in line - Logic Remove or Leave

10,11,12...., end - Numbers for the filter

Such lines in a file *.csv it can be unlimited, at whom how many ideas, strategy, tactics...

In the course of testing on SuperLoto 6/52 (Ukraine 88 draws on October, 3rd 2009)
Using filter Match Winning Numbers (Leave Match 0,1,2)
From 20 000 000 remains 5 000 000
And it only 88 lines on 6 numbers
How many remains combinations in a package if lines will be much more with a considerable quantity of numbers in line?
[/quote]

an interesting idea but there already is 'match file' filter where you can select a .csv file with any count of numbers on each line. just the match settings apply to the whole file instead of individual lines.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Lexus » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:35 am

[quote=stan]
[quote=Lexus]
Hi Stan

Excuse for bad English

In an investment a screenshot showing possibility of creation of the new filter for Expert Lotto

The given filter will allow to unite statistics from MS Excell and Expert Lotto, instead of to write new programs or to use what or others.

Happens it is necessary to enter very-many given in Match Numbers Filtre which are calculated by means of formulas in Excell or other programs.
On it many hours and set of the data simply physically leave have not time to process

The idea essence is very simple: an example

The first 7 numbers in line - coincidence on Match 0, Match 1, Match 2... Match 6

8, 9 number in line - Logic Remove or Leave

10,11,12...., end - Numbers for the filter

Such lines in a file *.csv it can be unlimited, at whom how many ideas, strategy, tactics...

In the course of testing on SuperLoto 6/52 (Ukraine 88 draws on October, 3rd 2009)
Using filter Match Winning Numbers (Leave Match 0,1,2)
From 20 000 000 remains 5 000 000
And it only 88 lines on 6 numbers
How many remains combinations in a package if lines will be much more with a considerable quantity of numbers in line?
[/quote]

an interesting idea but there already is 'match file' filter where you can select a .csv file with any count of numbers on each line. just the match settings apply to the whole file instead of individual lines.
[/quote]

Hi Stan

Excuse for bad English

YES the filter is.

But it is absolutely not effective filter.

Example: (PC: CPU Celeron 2.4Ghz - weak, I agree)

Test set of numbers

It is necessary to remove Match 1, Match 2, Match 3 from 20 358 520 combinations

1. We use Match file Filtre

Time of processing of 125 minutes = (345 628 tickets)

2. We use input of numbers manually Match Number filtre

Time of processing 1 minute! = (345 628 tickets)

Now we take for the fact that sets can be much (100, 200 and more)

Thus we simply will not have time for processing. And we have only an interval in 3-4 days between draws.

Now we take in attention that fact that sets *.csv files with a miscellaneous (Match 0, Match 1, Match 2... Match 6: Remove/Leave) for Match file filtre can be much.

Thus filter work is not effective!

Probably in Match file filtre the sequence of data processing is incorrectly programmed - I do not know, it is better to programmers to know.

Therefore completion of a program code and-or addition of the new filter (where for every line it is possible to set necessary parametres of a filtration) will make Match file filtre much more effectively

In the enclosed file there is a calculation for 56 lines of an exception with different parametres of a filtration
And it not a limit - restriction on an investment of 500 Kb
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lexus

Postby stan » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:00 pm

ok, and if i make the 'match file' filter faster when using variable length lines, would that be enough?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Lexus » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:21 pm

[quote=stan]
ok, and if i make the 'match file' filter faster when using variable length lines, would that be enough?
[/quote]

It would be good, but it won't solve all problem!
As it is necessary to create considerable quantity of files:

Set 1 (Match 0,1,2 Remove).csv
Set 2 (Match 1,2 Leave).csv
Set 3 (Match 0,1,2,3 Remove).csv
Set 4 (Match 0,6 Remove).csv
Set 5 (Match 1,2,3 Leave).csv
Set 6 (Match 0,1,2 Leave).csv
Set n (Match 0,1,2,3,4,5 Leave).csv
Lexus

Postby stan » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:24 pm

alright then, and how many lines would such a .csv file have? tens? hundreds? or thousands? or more?
each filtered ticket would have to be compared to all lines in that .csv file which won't be fast either. if the .csv files wouldn't be too large it might make more sense to create some sort of 'compiler' that would produce a group filter (complex filter in version 5) composed of many 'match numbers' filters.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Lexus » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:52 pm

[quote=stan]
alright then, and how many lines would such a .csv file have? tens? hundreds? or thousands? or more?
each filtered ticket would have to be compared to all lines in that .csv file which won't be fast either. if the .csv files wouldn't be too large it might make more sense to create some sort of 'compiler' that would produce a group filter (complex filter in version 5) composed of many 'match numbers' filters.
[/quote]

Lines it should be unessential more than thousand
At whom that can be 5, at whom that 20
In my case it неменее 200

I will paint algorithm of a filtration on the experience:

1. The data is prepared in MS Excell (basically it is analytical calculations on the previous draws (one of examples is in the enclosed file)
The data it turns out much.

2. I pass all selected data through filters Expert Lotto
Each set of numbers I bring MANUALLY in filter Match Number
On it a lot of time (a minimum 2 days) leaves

3. As a result shortage of time for the qualitative analysis, and search of new laws, etc.

All can be made it by means of a writing of the new program - but with programmers a problem

I had an idea which I already have described earlier.

I will describe algorithm of work of the filter (also there is in an investment a screenshot):

1. We take figures from 1 line
2. We mark figures in Match Number filtre (it is hidden from the user)
3. We mark Match (it is hidden from the user)
4. We mark Remove or Leave (it is hidden from the user)
5. We filter (a package becomes less with each filtration)
6. We take figures from 2 lines
7. We repeat points 2,3,4,5
8. We receive the filtered package

Advantages:
1. The given process of a filtration faster
2. Remains to more time
3. Compatibility with other programs using CSV a file
Lexus

Postby stan » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:19 pm

the algorithm isn't a problem. but it will still take some time to process a few thousand of such lines...
anyway, i'll stick it to my todo list for version 5:)
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

New filters

Postby Lexus » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:40 am

Hi Stan!

I offer on your consideration possibility of creation of the filter based on quantity of numbers in latest draws

For game of the Superlotto 6/52 (400 draws)

On the statistican from last 5 draws drops out from 0 to 8 numbers

On the statistican from last 10 draws drops out from 0 to 15 numbers

On the statistican from last 15 draws drops out from 1 to 20 numbers (is not present 18)

On the statistican from last 20 draws drops out from 2 to 24 numbers (is not present 3)

Etc.

We take for example last 20 draws

5 4 times dropped out
7 6 times dropped out
15 5 times dropped out
19 3 times dropped out
21 5 times dropped out
29 dropped out 1 time
30 2 times dropped out
35 dropped out 1 time
38 2 times dropped out
49 0 times dropped out
Etc.

for numbers 5,7,15,19,29,35,38,49
Sum for latest 20 draws = 4+6+5+3+4+1+2+0 = 25

Maximum 24 numbers in latest 20 draws

Thus touching all possible combinations important more than 24 (for latest 20 draws) it is possible to reduce quantity of combinations
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lexus

Postby stan » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:56 am

sorry, i don't understand what you mean here. 'drop out'??
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Lexus » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:48 pm

[quote=stan]
sorry, i don't understand what you mean here. 'drop out'??
[/quote]

It is a pity that I do not know well English

In an iattached the image
In it all is clearly represented
Lexus

Postby stan » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:22 pm

the table in your screen shot shows how many times each number repeats in selected past draws.

so are you suggesting to create a filter which summarizes the repeats of ticket numbers and checks whether the sum is in a given range?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Lexus » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:28 pm

[quote=stan]
the table in your screen shot shows how many times each number repeats in selected past draws.

so are you suggesting to create a filter which summarizes the repeats of ticket numbers and checks whether the sum is in a given range?
[/quote]

Yes if it is possible. Will appear more possibilities for filtering

It almost as Repeated (1), Repeated (3). (5). (10) in Package Statistics

Number 24 this maximum value for Latest 20 draws in my Superlotto 6/52
The average fluctuates within 14-15
Lexus

Postby Viking » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:59 pm

Hi Stan,

Thanks for the early preview version of EL 5. I hope you will continue to make us be able to update to a newer preview version as soon there are some major changes?

Is it possible to show the data in Winning Numbers Manager in EL 5 in reverse order, so it will be as in EL 4 or maybe both ways? The way you choose to show the data should be the default one, so you do not need to do it again next time you open WNM.

I do not know how you will do this in EL 5, but I shall explain what I want for EL 5 in the EL 4 way. Is it possible for you to add Number History - Difference Only statistics to Show Stats for - Winning Numbers? By that I mean just to show Difference Only statistics for the winning numbers by draw date.

Regards,
Viking
Viking

Postby stan » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:17 pm

[quote=Viking]
Hi Stan,

Thanks for the early preview version of EL 5. I hope you will continue to make us be able to update to a newer preview version as soon there are some major changes?
[/quote]
yes, i'm finishing a new 'estimates' window for wn history right now, new update will be coming soon.

Is it possible to show the data in Winning Numbers Manager in EL 5 in reverse order, so it will be as in EL 4 or maybe both ways? The way you choose to show the data should be the default one, so you do not need to do it again next time you open WNM.

just click the 'date' column in any table showing draw dates. (in the final version the sort order will be also preserved between application restarts)

I do not know how you will do this in EL 5, but I shall explain what I want for EL 5 in the EL 4 way. Is it possible for you to add Number History - Difference Only statistics to Show Stats for - Winning Numbers? By that I mean just to show Difference Only statistics for the winning numbers by draw date.

yes, the stats for wn history will be more or less the same as in version 4.x
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

expalnation how filter works - version 5 or inferior

Postby Gatsby » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:03 pm

Hi stan,

is it possible to include a button on each filter menu to be used directly as help with the definition of what that filter does or works (as with preview or backtest)?

Thanks.
Gatsby

PreviousNext

Return to Development versions