Operating System Freeze...

Operating System Freeze...

Postby sysp34 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:31 pm

Stan

i have a "freeze" in vista after try to download new lottery into different folder C:\Lotteries\ instead of C:\Users\Administrator\Lotteries\, it happen when:
  • after successfully download then start to update
  • while updating and re.updating again i launch Firefox
  • ^somehow it freeze :shock: i though the Nvidia-BGA symptoms appear again :( i had to force shutdown by pressing power button and luckily it wasn't BGA symptom :D
  • lauch EL5 again i get this picture
    vista freeze.jpg
  • and in c:\user\administrator i have two folder .expertlotto-installer & .netbeans is it normal environment for EL 5
    twofolder.jpg

btw can i replace/overwrite folder c:\lotteries (drawing game) in vista and overwrite in XP because i have difficulties updating in XP?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sysp34

Re: Operating System Freeze...

Postby stan » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:04 am

sysp34 wrote:Stan

i have a "freeze" in vista after try to download new lottery into different folder C:\Lotteries\ instead of C:\Users\Administrator\Lotteries\, it happen when:
  • after successfully download then start to update
  • while updating and re.updating again i launch Firefox
  • ^somehow it freeze :shock: i though the Nvidia-BGA symptoms appear again :( i had to force shutdown by pressing power button and luckily it wasn't BGA symptom :D
  • lauch EL5 again i get this picture
    vista freeze.jpg

this happens when expert lotto 5 didn't shut down correctly. just press ok button
  • and in c:\user\administrator i have two folder .expertlotto-installer & .netbeans is it normal environment for EL 5
    twofolder.jpg

• btw can i replace/overwrite folder c:\lotteries (drawing game) in vista and overwrite in XP because i have difficulties updating in XP?

that's normal, they're just folders with uninstall info
    Expert Lotto Team
    stan
    Site Admin

Postby sysp34 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:42 pm

stan

about the graphic performance/gui, how much it take the video resources when running EL5 :?:

because my friend laptop HP dv2000 (nvidia copper mod) who have nvidia bga symptom shown OS warning: "nvlddmkm stopped responding and has recovered." this happens when running firefox 3.66 and EL5 (filtering for a lot of time) unfortunately when i repeat the same steps, the "error message" not showing. :?: :?: :?:

well i have feeling that the vga laptop with copper mod too hot so when it too hot we get "nvlddmkm stopped responding and has recovered."
    You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
    sysp34

Postby stan » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:50 pm

sysp34 wrote:stan

about the graphic performance/gui, how much it take the video resources when running EL5 :?:

it should use very little of your video card performance, just some 2D routines

i think the problem is that el5 uses both CPU cores extensively so it generates a lot of heat which may overheat the GPU in your laptop
    Expert Lotto Team
    stan
    Site Admin

Postby sysp34 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:01 pm

stan wrote:
    sysp34 wrote:stan

it should use very little of your video card performance, just some 2D routines

i think the problem is that el5 uses both CPU cores extensively so it generates a lot of heat which may overheat the GPU in your laptop

:shock: :shock: :shock: i'm forget that el5 uses both CPU cores extensively :mrgreen: because EL5 run like "flowing" very fast while filtering out pick 5/36 or pick 6 :D :D :D :D :D

i guess i must cut another cooper from presscot heatsink (must have cooper in center) and place for processor, but manually cutting with handsaw little bit :cry: :cry: :cry: because it must be precision. i have place the copper on processor and somehow it reduce heat a lot almost 10 degree Celsius when "burn" the processor with orthos by Johnny Lee

well i must Google to search the save way to place copper on processor
    sysp34

Return to Development versions