any help with help?

any help with help?

Postby stan » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:48 pm

right now i'm writing the documentation for the new expert lotto 5. but there so many help topics to be covered so that with current rate it'll take me a couple of months to document everything.

would any of expert lotto 5 beta testers be willing to help me writing some help topics? most of the filters and stats are either quite simple or work the same way as in version 4.x and most of you are native english speakers so it shouldn't be that hard to write a paragraph or two to describe how a filter works.

any volunteers?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Re: any help with help?

Postby sysp34 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:58 pm

stan wrote:most of you are native english speakers so it shouldn't be that hard to write a paragraph or two to describe how a filter works.

i must be the least native english :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: i got C :shock: in English :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sysp34

Postby PadawanLotto » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:15 pm

I would love to help but I just got down here in Florida and I don't have my computer and I'm busy trying to find work.
PadawanLotto

Postby lottoboy » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:54 am

Hi, Stan:

I think the candidates for the job shoulb be familiar with V4 & V5 first. Second, a good English is necessary too.
So, I think Joe, Padawan and Jerzy are good at it. But I'm afraid that Joe is too busy for his implementing of plug-ins to help you to write the MENU now.
lottoboy

Postby stan » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:49 am

PadawanLotto wrote:I would love to help but I just got down here in Florida and I don't have my computer and I'm busy trying to find work.

never mind:) good luck in florida!
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby LottoTrout » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:05 am

Stan I maybe able to help (writing of instructions).... but I hesitate only because I am slow at typing. :?
LottoTrout

Postby stan » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:27 am

LottoTrout wrote:Stan I maybe able to help (writing of instructions).... but I hesitate only because I am slow at typing. :?

great. start with e.g. odd/even or low/high filters and try write a short description for them. including a few example tickets the filter accepts/rejects. and don't bother with text formating, i'll take care of that myself.

btw, there'll be some sort of reward for those will to help with help:)
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Return to Development versions