Bug in Match all of the following - Match any of the followi

Bug in Match all of the following - Match any of the followi

Postby Gatsby » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:43 pm

Hi Stan,

I´m using Complex/Statistical filter as ilustrated in Office document.

I choose « Match any of the following » and then proceed to the next statistic filter, but whenever i go back again to the previous Stats filter that option it´s set automatically back to
“Match all of the following”.

Maybe i´m failiing to undertand the logic of the filter or is it a bug ?

Thanks.
Novo Documento do Microsoft Office Word (2).docx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gatsby

Re: Bug in Match all of the following - Match any of the fol

Postby stan » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:41 pm

you're correct. the filter does save and use 'match all/match any' option properly but it doesn't propagate its value back into the filter controls when filter settings are being modified.
it'll be fixed in the next app update.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Gatsby » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:59 pm

Thanks Stan,

Just three more things:

Is it possible to implement:

1) Bonus numbers at positions filter,

2) A filter based on statistical Number Groups as in constumazible Number Groups from filter menu?

and

3) a Statistical filter for Ticket Panel ?
Gatsby

Postby stan » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:04 pm

Gatsby wrote:Thanks Stan,

Just three more things:

Is it possible to implement:

1) Bonus numbers at positions filter,

yes

2) A filter based on statistical Number Groups as in constumazible Number Groups from filter menu?

sorry, don't know what you mean here

3) a Statistical filter for Ticket Panel ?

[/quote]
yes
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Gatsby » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:33 pm

Hi Stan,

Let me be more clear:

1) Bonus numbers at positions statistical filter: because bonus numbers filter 1 to 2 or 2 to 2 numbers but it doesn´t takes into account the position in which it was drawn. In the case of 2 to 2 it´s indifferent as one number allways preceed the other, but that doesn´t happen when 1 to 2 is selected: it filters wether that number is in first or second position.

"2) A filter based on statistical Number Groups as in constumazible Number Groups from filter menu?"

After i read this again i imagined you wouldn´t understand. It´s not clear as it is, but i meant a filter based on statistics for number groups created by the user.
When you use the Number groups filter from general Filter menu, you can costumize those groups and create as many as you which (well, as many as it makes sense in your lottery, and with discrete values), but when you use filters to feed a Statistics filter (Design - Analyze: Number Groups) you´re not able to choose this new groups, only the one that is "pré-defined". If this was available then when using a Statistical filter we could choose to filter from several different distribution of numbers trough different Number Groups: distribution in 1 to 5 groups of 10; 1 to 6 groups; etc, etc, in wich the distribution of numbers within varies from draw to draw.

3) Statistical filter for Ticket Panel (i must have been sleepy...) What i was pretending here is Ticket panel filter but more precisely a Row/Column filter based on statistics. Each draw as a distributional combination into the panel. For instance, the numbers might be distributed by 2columns and 4rows or 3colums and 5rows. Generaly this distribution changes from draw to draw, so it would be good having a statistical filter based on this. I guess it´s a matter of grouping numbers in different referece collumns and rows: in my case columns C1 to C6 and Rows R1 to R9 and count. I dis this in Excell but without being implemented as a statistical filter isn´t very practical to load and filter every week. (anothe filter could even distiguish between each Row or column, with a max of to to pass, because obviously giving all of the coordinates is the same as having an individual and unique draw...).

Observation: In a broader sense if this filters exist and one could save filters from Costum Analyser to the available filters in Statistical filter menu i guess this would cover everything. Is this something worth to implement?

Hope i´ve been more clear this time.

Regards,
Gatsby

Postby stan » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:18 pm

Gatsby wrote:Hi Stan,

Let me be more clear:

1) Bonus numbers at positions statistical filter: because bonus numbers filter 1 to 2 or 2 to 2 numbers but it doesn´t takes into account the position in which it was drawn. In the case of 2 to 2 it´s indifferent as one number allways preceed the other, but that doesn´t happen when 1 to 2 is selected: it filters wether that number is in first or second position.

please add a new issue for this. otherwise it'll get lost in the forum when start looking at the new features for the next release of expert lotto 5

"2) A filter based on statistical Number Groups as in constumazible Number Groups from filter menu?"

After i read this again i imagined you wouldn´t understand. It´s not clear as it is, but i meant a filter based on statistics for number groups created by the user.
When you use the Number groups filter from general Filter menu, you can costumize those groups and create as many as you which (well, as many as it makes sense in your lottery, and with discrete values), but when you use filters to feed a Statistics filter (Design - Analyze: Number Groups) you´re not able to choose this new groups, only the one that is "pré-defined". If this was available then when using a Statistical filter we could choose to filter from several different distribution of numbers trough different Number Groups: distribution in 1 to 5 groups of 10; 1 to 6 groups; etc, etc, in wich the distribution of numbers within varies from draw to draw.

you can pick any number group in statistical filter. if the newly created number group doesn't show in the combo box, select some other filter in your complex filter first and then come back to the statistical filter.

3) Statistical filter for Ticket Panel (i must have been sleepy...) What i was pretending here is Ticket panel filter but more precisely a Row/Column filter based on statistics. Each draw as a distributional combination into the panel. For instance, the numbers might be distributed by 2columns and 4rows or 3colums and 5rows. Generaly this distribution changes from draw to draw, so it would be good having a statistical filter based on this. I guess it´s a matter of grouping numbers in different referece collumns and rows: in my case columns C1 to C6 and Rows R1 to R9 and count. I dis this in Excell but without being implemented as a statistical filter isn´t very practical to load and filter every week. (anothe filter could even distiguish between each Row or column, with a max of to to pass, because obviously giving all of the coordinates is the same as having an individual and unique draw...).

basically all new stats will automatically appear as a new option in statistical filter. so if you want stats for ticket panel properties, just add a new issue for it.

Observation: In a broader sense if this filters exist and one could save filters from Costum Analyser to the available filters in Statistical filter menu i guess this would cover everything. Is this something worth to implement?

so it would be filtering based on statistics of some other filters:) well, in theory it should be possible but it would quite slow i think.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Gatsby » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:51 am

Hi Stan,

Ok. I will add it to mantis.

Just another request: is it possible to include in "Sum range filter", in the range option combo, the option to choose between odd and even sum´s ? (two ticket boxes ?) and maybe corresponding stats. I think this could be helpfull in case of building a complex filter (ex: we would be able to choose only Odd sum´s OR Odd sum´s and Even sum´s that respect certain conditions, and vice-versa)

What do you think? Regards

Filipe.
Gatsby

Postby stan » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:31 pm

Gatsby wrote:Hi Stan,

Ok. I will add it to mantis.

Just another request: is it possible to include in "Sum range filter", in the range option combo, the option to choose between odd and even sum´s ? (two ticket boxes ?) and maybe corresponding stats. I think this could be helpfull in case of building a complex filter (ex: we would be able to choose only Odd sum´s OR Odd sum´s and Even sum´s that respect certain conditions, and vice-versa)

What do you think? Regards

Filipe.

yes, it is possible. but i'd prefer setting up a new filter for this option. otherwise the basic filters will become bloated with too many extra options and switches...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Gatsby » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:20 am

OK Stan, as you are dealing with sum´s consider too the option for the sum of high numbers and small numbers as well if you can :)

PS: The creation of number groups and using them in statistical filter seems to be working just fine. Thanks.Great feature of EL5.

Regards,

Filipe
Gatsby

Return to Development versions