expert lotto 5 pricing (and new web design)

expert lotto 5 pricing (and new web design)

Postby stan » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:09 pm

if you're interested how much the new version of expert lotto 5 will cost, please see here: http://expertlotto.com/staging/en/register/index.htm

since most of you have a valid expert lotto 4.x license, you should read this page: http://expertlotto.com/staging/en/regis ... rade4x.htm

to sum it up - the upgrade fee is $19.95 for expert lotto pro license holders and $59.95 for expert lotto hobby license holders. the license is valid for one year, after that you have to renew for $19.95 for another year.

also please have a look at the new web design: http://expertlotto.com/staging/en/home/index.htm
(although not all links are working yet)

your feedback on the pricing and the web design is very welcome as always.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Re: expert lotto 5 pricing (and new web design)

Postby winsumloosesum » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:08 am

Stan,

When will you start taking orders for upgrades from Expert Lotto 4.x?

Thanks!!
winsumloosesum

Postby stan » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:12 am

winsumloosesum wrote:When will you start taking orders for upgrades from Expert Lotto 4.x?

january 1st, 2011
maybe sooner but there are a lot of things to setup before we can start processing orders
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Savage_Rottweiler » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:00 am

Hi Stan,
Since you asked for feedback on pricing I thought I would have my input, first of all the $19.95 upgrade does sound ok if you are willing to fork out every year for the license, it would help generate extra income from repeat sales, but I'm really not a fan of pay per year licensing, I would also like to see a more expensive License like I purchased Version 4 by, as I would never have purchased EL4 if I had to pay a yearly License either.

The less I have to use my Credit Card online the better, I'll probably just go back to using version 4 of EL even though version 5 is way better in the interface, guess its your choice on the way you market your product and maybe I might be out numbered here because Windows users are use to paying per year for Antivirus Software, all these extra cost add up over the years, as I said I would sooner just purchase outright with no time limits.

Thats about it from me, good luck..
Savage_Rottweiler

Postby stan » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:55 am

Savage_Rottweiler wrote:Hi Stan,
Since you asked for feedback on pricing I thought I would have my input, first of all the $19.95 upgrade does sound ok if you are willing to fork out every year for the license, it would help generate extra income from repeat sales, but I'm really not a fan of pay per year licensing, I would also like to see a more expensive License like I purchased Version 4 by, as I would never have purchased EL4 if I had to pay a yearly License either.

The less I have to use my Credit Card online the better, I'll probably just go back to using version 4 of EL even though version 5 is way better in the interface, guess its your choice on the way you market your product and maybe I might be out numbered here because Windows users are use to paying per year for Antivirus Software, all these extra cost add up over the years, as I said I would sooner just purchase outright with no time limits.

Thats about it from me, good luck..

thanks for the feedback, really appreciated.
would you be more comfortable then paying, say $200 as a one time fee for permanent expert lotto 5 license?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Savage_Rottweiler » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:11 pm

Stan, I don't think I would be willing to pay the $200 for the license, I was thinking more along the line of EL4 cost as the upgrade price, possibly a little higher for first time buyers.

At the $200 mark I would have to be using EL5 for 10 years before I would be even with paying $19.95 per year, and in this time even how wonderful EL5 is today, in 10 years time it may not even run on current systems, and I would hope that EL6 would be released before the 10 year mark where I could upgrade to again.

But as I said, its your call on how you sell this product, I have had fun with EL5 helping you beta test it, especially since there don't seem to be many other Mac users here.
Savage_Rottweiler

Postby teoman » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:36 pm

Hi, Stan,

Why be bought EL 5?
For what is good?
No guarantee, of any 2 of 6 numbers of all 49 numbers, for 24 tickets played, for any strategy tested.
Just for fun and entertainment or consumption to free time, without any benefits?
It would be a bad deal, buying in the proposed conditions.
Acceptable would be 20 max 30 $ for unlimited time and to include and all future versions for those who already have a license for EL 4.
Than you sell to 10 buyers with $ 200 better you sell to 1000 buyers with $ 5, one strategy who is successful in business.
Last edited by teoman on Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
teoman

Postby CARBOB » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:53 pm

Stan, I have no problem with the pricing!!
CARBOB

Postby Jerzy » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:33 pm

Stan,

We asked you to develop El 5 as a kind of software which would be superior to EL4 and you did it. I am grateful and I will pay what is necessary.

However, I do not like paying yearly subscritions. I pay already the subscription for other software (eg Norton antivirus) and my experience with that is not good. Of course I will buy EL 5 but I am not sure for how many years I will use it.

EL 5 appears to be a top quality product, but the results that can be achieved depend a lot on the user, and the users have their own limitations. If I do not win big in next 2 years I will stop playing any lottery, EL will become irrelevant to me and I will not renew the subscrition.

Best Regards

Jerzy
Jerzy

Postby stan » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:53 pm

thank you all for all your feedback - please keep it coming:)

we realize that some existing users will turn away from us because of the pricing. but on the other hand we think it's a fair price - considering the amount of work and time we invest in it. we're not a big multi-national company, we're just a couple of guys 'wasting' their evenings and weekends with the development of this software:)
we were deciding between two business models:

A have a new release approximately every year and charge for upgrades for each release. most commercial software use this model.
B have a smaller release approximately every month or two months and charge subscription-like fee.

with option A you'd have to wait the whole year to get new features. but on the other hand you'd have permanent license for the last release. so you could keep using all features in e.g. version 5.0 indefinitely even when version 5.1 is released and you didn't upgrade to it.
with option B you get new features more frequently but you have to pay a small fee every year to keep using it.

we think that option B is better since there are so many new ideas and feature requests from you already.

but please do let us know what you think is better pricing model for you and what you are (not) willing to pay for expert lotto. we don't sell expert lotto to make money to pay for our rent or for our kids' meals:) we just need a small extra income to show our wives that the 'wasted' time isn't wasted that much. and we also want to keep our users and customers happy as we benefit from your ideas and suggestions as well.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Gatsby » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:54 pm

Hi Stan,

In my case i would prefer to pay for the upgrade to EL5 only once and then pay for new plugins or other requested features (i guess tipically someone would like to dispose of the full "arsenal" given by EL, but ultimatelly someone might not want every new features from new versions, i suppose).

Or do the same as with EL4, keeping with a beta version freely usable as long as you have the EL5 full package.

Btw, whenever i try to do this

"Please fill the form below and send it to us. We will verify your license details and email you a special registration link to purchase Expert Lotto 5 registration at discounted price. The payment options include various credit cards, PayPal, bank/wire transfer, check/money order and other options.

Start Expert Lotto 4.x, click menu Help - About and type into the field below the email address from Registered to section in About window. We cannot validate your Expert Lotto 4.x license and give you upgrade discount without that email address
."

I got an 404 error - Object not found.

Regards.
Gatsby

Postby Savage_Rottweiler » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:03 am

stan wrote:thank you all for all your feedback - please keep it coming:)

we realize that some existing users will turn away from us because of the pricing. but on the other hand we think it's a fair price - considering the amount of work and time we invest in it. we're not a big multi-national company, we're just a couple of guys 'wasting' their evenings and weekends with the development of this software:)
we were deciding between two business models:

A have a new release approximately every year and charge for upgrades for each release. most commercial software use this model.
B have a smaller release approximately every month or two months and charge subscription-like fee.

with option A you'd have to wait the whole year to get new features. but on the other hand you'd have permanent license for the last release. so you could keep using all features in e.g. version 5.0 indefinitely even when version 5.1 is released and you didn't upgrade to it.
with option B you get new features more frequently but you have to pay a small fee every year to keep using it.

we think that option B is better since there are so many new ideas and feature requests from you already.

but please do let us know what you think is better pricing model for you and what you are (not) willing to pay for expert lotto. we don't sell expert lotto to make money to pay for our rent or for our kids' meals:) we just need a small extra income to show our wives that the 'wasted' time isn't wasted that much. and we also want to keep our users and customers happy as we benefit from your ideas and suggestions as well.

Stan, Why couldn't Option A & B work together with both receiving updates?, I think 100% of software I have purchased include product updates and this was also the case with EL4 I do know however EL4 was mainly bug fixes though. The people that actually pay for a non expiring license would actually be paying you more money for the product and committing more long term to its use till your next major upgrade, so its not like there trying to get something for nothing.

I do agree you should be rewarded for your efforts, as that's your incentive to keep developing your software, to me using this kind of software is just a different way of picking lottery numbers, and like you I have also got to justify to my wife where I spend money, as you have mention that you justify the time you spend coding EL5, say for some reason money gets short some time down the road, and I can't afford the $19.95 which is actually more than that here in Australia by the time it gets converted plus I also get slugged around $3 for Foreign Currency Conversion fee, and this would be extra cost to me every year, I would end up having a piece of software that is no use to me, but if it never expired I could at least keep using it till I could one day afford the next version if one has been released.

I'm just glad you never had this Licensing model on version 4, I'll just have to get its data updated ready for use again.
Savage_Rottweiler

Postby Falcon » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:49 am

Stan,

I perceive a danger for you in that revenue on a per annual basis could fall away in subsequent years should the op find they do not have the success they expected when they first take the product on board. To maintain your revenue you need to win new customers to replace those that fall away, but the old adage must come into play - it is easier to keep a customer than win a new one. Second doing a 'run' to predict your game plays in Expert Lotto is not a trivial exercise. It can take many hours to execute ones strategy and again if limited success then perhaps the question will arise in the op's mind - shall I renew or not renew? - I do all this work and don't seem to get the results I should for the effort I put in.

But in reality $19.95 is an insignificant amount. How many cups of coffee? Or what is one's expenditure per week/draw on lottery tickets? Probably for many the same amount. Playing the lottery is an entirely discretionary activity; using software such as Expert Lotto is a way of ensuring your discretionary activity expenditure is done as efficiently as possible with the best chance of getting a reward.

Personally I would prefer the one off higher purchase fee and then perhaps a few bucks every time an update occurs.

I like the idea of people getting a reward for the effort they put in - that applies to the software developers as well as those that use the product. And EL is top of the range product.

regards

falcon
Falcon

Postby niceguy » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:06 am

Hi Stan.
I think that $19.95 is very reasonable when you take into account the hours & hours of your time spent developing the software. I wouldn't mind paying a yearly fee of slightly more (e.g.$25.00), that includes all upgrades for the year. This saves the hastle of having to use your visa card each month say to upgrade, & I would think would save a lot of accounting & admin work at your end. You also might like to consider some incentive reward, e.g. free upgrades for a year if you get say two new members to join?
niceguy

Postby teoman » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:32 pm

Hi, Stan,

Acceptable would be 20 max 30 $ for unlimited time and to include and all future versions, for especially those who already have a license for EL 4.
Than you sell to 10 buyers with $ 200 better you sell to 1000 buyers with $ 5, one strategy who is successful in business.
Proceeding so, you will be pleased in the future for the great number of buyers of the whole world.
This global crisis is also and due to human greed of everywhere.
teoman

Next

Return to Development versions