Version 5 upgrade

Version 5 upgrade

Postby niceguy » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:26 am

Hi Stan

If we are using version 5 Beta, & pay for a new licence, do we have to download & reinstall version 5 software again, or can we just put the new licence details into our exsiting beta version? Thanks
niceguy

Re: Version 5 upgrade

Postby Maryland » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:25 am

niceguy wrote:Hi Stan

If we are using version 5 Beta, & pay for a new licence, do we have to download & reinstall version 5 software again, or can we just put the new licence details into our exsiting beta version? Thanks

Also should we uninstall beta version before installing new release?
Maryland

Postby Savage_Rottweiler » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:44 am

I wish I never removed the beta till I got the new License, now I can't do my normal weekly playslips, if I had of known it would take a few days I would have held off installing the final release.
Savage_Rottweiler

Postby stan » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:35 am

yes, you have to make a new installation of expert lotto 5. the beta version will be discontinued by the end of the month.

in the official release you can use the temporary license key until you all get a chance to purchase the upgrade. the temporary key is posted here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1538
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby niceguy » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:52 pm

Hi Stan
When we install the new version 5 (which I downloaded), do we have to uninstall the Beta version first? It's just that I don't want to loose all the setings (latest results & playslip settings etc), from the Beta version & have to spend hours inputting all the info again. If we do have to uninstall the Beta version first, how do we save all the games & playslip settings from the Beta version so they can be inputted into the new version 5? Thanks Stan
niceguy

Postby stan » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:06 pm

When we install the new version 5 (which I downloaded), do we have to uninstall the Beta version first? It's just that I don't want to loose all the setings (latest results & playslip settings etc), from the Beta version & have to spend hours inputting all the info again. If we do have to uninstall the Beta version first, how do we save all the games & playslip settings from the Beta version so they can be inputted into the new version 5? Thanks Stan

all the important settings are lottery-specific and stored in appropriate lottery folder. unless you created your lotteries in the same folder as the application install folder, you can uninstall beta version, install the official release, open your lottery and have the same settings and options available as in the beta version.
if you did install your lotteries into the application folder (bad practice), you have to move the lottery folders to a new location before uninstalling the beta version.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby niceguy » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:18 pm

Thanks Stan
I just tried to pay for & get a licence for the new release. However it rejected my application saying I need a "coupon code" . Not sure what this is all about- i.e. where do I get a coupon code from??

Thanks
niceguy

Postby stan » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:26 pm

niceguy wrote:Thanks Stan
I just tried to pay for & get a licence for the new release. However it rejected my application saying I need a "coupon code" . Not sure what this is all about- i.e. where do I get a coupon code from??

Thanks

i've just received notification of your payment, so i presume everything is ok now:)
btw, don't forget to download and install the official release before using your license key.
and thank you for purchasing the upgrade!
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby niceguy » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:30 am

Thanks Stan I tried again (did exactly the same) but this time it went ok. Many thanks.
niceguy

Postby niceguy » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:08 am

Hi Stan
Sorry to be a pain,but when I entered the licence key which I got for the new version 5, it says the key is invalid & won't register v 5 . I did it exactly as per the instructions & included "license begin to licence end" I tried a few of times but no go. Thanks Stan
niceguy

Postby Savage_Rottweiler » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:49 am

Hi Niceguy, I had the same problem yesterday, Stan has fixed this issue, you just need to download the new Build which he updated today http://www.expertlotto.com/en/download/index.htm it will work once you install EL5 again.
Savage_Rottweiler

Postby niceguy » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:26 am

Hi Savage_Rottweiler

Many thanks for your help. Problem solved!! :)

Niceguy
niceguy

Postby niceguy » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:32 am

Hi Stan
Just wondering if it wouldn't be a good idea to start a new subject under the "board index" for Expert Lotto version 5.xx postings. I Just thought it might save a little confusion for those that have upgraded to the new version 5,instead having to post things under the Beta version heading?? Thanks Stan
niceguy

Postby stan » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:51 pm

Just wondering if it wouldn't be a good idea to start a new subject under the "board index" for Expert Lotto version 5.xx postings. I Just thought it might save a little confusion for those that have upgraded to the new version 5,instead having to post things under the Beta version heading?? Thanks Stan

you're probably right. i'll reorganize the forum a little
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby djdez » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:55 pm

Hi Stan

I have just upgraded to V5, but i cant find the prediction function on the sums history just like in EL4
djdez

Next

Return to Development versions