dev build 110220

dev build 110220

Postby stan » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:19 am

since i'm still setting up some processes and procedures, there are only a few minor bug fixes in this dev build and only one new features - if you switch to a chart in analyzer window and toggle chart ranges, the bars in the range will be highlighted with a brighter color. then you can press 'filter' button in chart's toolbar to filter tickets in the package that have (not) the bars in the range.

more new features will follow soon...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Re: dev build 110220

Postby Jerzy » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:07 am

Stan ,

To use dev build 110220, I need the license key, but I lost the copy of the email with my licese key in it, and have no access to the license key which is hidden in the EL 5 installation.

I received my licence key in the email on 20 January 2011. When I was trying to copy and paste it to EL 5, it became corrupted; parts of its text were removed and missplaced. Fortunately, before the attempt to copy and paste it, I printed that email, so I was able to enter the license key by typing it with the keyboard.

I have EL 5 in 2 directories, one of them is the Administrator's directory. The EL 5 works OK. There is information in the Enter License Key panel that EL 5 is registered to me and it expires on 20012-01-20, but there is also a warning (in red colour) : " ! The entered license key is not valid".

I find your licence key more complex and more difficult to enter than any license keys for any Microsoft software. Despite your instructions, entering the license key into EL5 is a kind of difficult and uncertain procedure.

Could you send me the license key again, so I could use it for build 110220, please?
Jerzy

Postby Savage_Rottweiler » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:16 am

Hi Stan, I've got one question regarding the Development Version of EL5, how long on average will it be before the new features in the Development Version are included in the updates of the Commercial Version.

I'm just trying to work out if I should just wait till there released, or to install the Development Build.

Regards...
Savage_Rottweiler

Postby stan » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:11 pm

Savage_Rottweiler wrote:Hi Stan, I've got one question regarding the Development Version of EL5, how long on average will it be before the new features in the Development Version are included in the updates of the Commercial Version.

I'm just trying to work out if I should just wait till there released, or to install the Development Build.

Regards...

i haven't decided yet. i can make a new release every month with just a few new features. or i can make a new release e.g. every three months with more new features...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:18 pm

Jerzy wrote:Stan ,

To use dev build 110220, I need the license key, but I lost the copy of the email with my licese key in it, and have no access to the license key which is hidden in the EL 5 installation.

just ask and i'll send your the key again anytime.

I have EL 5 in 2 directories, one of them is the Administrator's directory. The EL 5 works OK. There is information in the Enter License Key panel that EL 5 is registered to me and it expires on 20012-01-20, but there is also a warning (in red colour) : " ! The entered license key is not valid".

can you email me a screenshot pls?

I find your licence key more complex and more difficult to enter than any license keys for any Microsoft software. Despite your instructions, entering the license key into EL5 is a kind of difficult and uncertain procedure.

the license key is so long because it contains your personal details (name, address, email etc). it's one of our countermeasures to prevent license key sharing on internet.

Could you send me the license key again, so I could use it for build 110220, please?

i've just sent it.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Savage_Rottweiler » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:22 pm

stan wrote:
Savage_Rottweiler wrote:Hi Stan, I've got one question regarding the Development Version of EL5, how long on average will it be before the new features in the Development Version are included in the updates of the Commercial Version.

Regards...

i haven't decided yet. i can make a new release every month with just a few new features. or i can make a new release e.g. every three months with more new features...

Ok thanks, I'll give installing the Development Version some more thought..
Savage_Rottweiler

Postby stan » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:47 pm

stan wrote:

can you email me a screenshot pls?

thanks for the screenshot, but the text you pasted into the license activation wizard is not the actual license key. as hinted at the bottom of the wizard window, the license key text begins with 'license_begin' and ends with 'license_end"
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Jerzy » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:48 am

Stan,

The text visible in the Enter License panel is not the actual license key, but it contains the information that was/is included in the license key. It appeared after entering the license key. Normally it is not visible, but can be seen after opening that panel. The real license key is not visible in the EL 5 after the installation.

The license key was not pasted (it did not work for me) but typed with the keyboard.

The warning "! The entered license key is not valid" is a matter of concern to me, but
as long as EL5 works normally, probably there is no need to re-install it.
Jerzy

Postby stan » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:34 pm

Jerzy wrote:Stan,

The text visible in the Enter License panel is not the actual license key,

and that's why you're seeing the error message at the bottom of the wizard window

but it contains the information that was/is included in the license key. It appeared after entering the license key. Normally it is not visible, but can be seen after opening that panel.

yes, you can see the license details in the about window. but there is not enough information to reconstruct the complete license key there.

The warning "! The entered license key is not valid" is a matter of concern to me, but
as long as EL5 works normally, probably there is no need to re-install it.

try pasting the license key i emailed you yesterday, it should work just fine.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Jerzy » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:16 pm

Stan,

Yes, I pasted the license key into dev build version and it also resolved the problem in basic EL 5 version. Thank you.
Jerzy

Return to Development versions