dev build 110401

Re: dev build 110401

Postby Viking » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:25 pm

stan wrote:
Viking wrote:There is only one problem and that is that most of the time the Match Previous Draws filter and the Match Winning Numbers filter do not produce the same results. To me it seems that it is the Match Winning Numbers filter that is causing the error. The test is done for the last 5 draws and I have used just one value at a time.

it is because 'match previous draws' analyzer counts the *highest* match in the previous draws. while 'matching winning numbers' filter accepts a ticket if there is at least one draw matching the filtered ticket. so 'matching winning numbers' filter accepts more tickets than analyzer table filter with the same settings.
so if you insist on having a standalone 'match previous draws' filter, please reopen that issue, thanks

Hi Stan!

Thank you for resolving my issue 57.

One of the reasons for my issue 125 was that I wished to have a standalone Match Previous Draws filter. The reason for telling you about the error is because you said the following in your comment when you had resolved issue 125. “Adjacent Numbers filter will be available in the next development build. Match Previous Draws filter is already available as Match Winning Numbers filter.” When I take this comment into account I expected that these two filters would make equal results, but they do not. I am going to reopen this issue to hopefully get what I wished for. :)

I think that all future Analyzer filters that are of the type you use before each draw also should be built as a standalone filter if possible. The only reasons because I wish to have it like this are because the filtering would then be much faster and you would also be able to add it to a Complex filter and save a lot of time.
Viking

Postby ameriken » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:08 pm

stan wrote:
ameriken wrote:Been using the default 'absolute value', wasnt sure what the difference was between the two.

ok, thanks for the info. the inconsistency between the predicted trend and the actual predicted value comes from the prediction algorithm. when option 'match differences' is on then the prediction algorithm behaves as in version 4.x. you can read more on the predictions in the documentation for expert lotto 4.x
'absolute values' is a slight variation of that algorithm. i'll describe the details in the documentation when version 5.1 is released officially.

btw, i suggest using the predicted trends only when making decisions for the next draw. the predicted value should be just an indicator how big the increase/decrease is to be expected in the next draw.

Thanks Stan. I only had 4.x for a few days so I'm not familiar with the prediction function much at all. And if I understand correctly, you're saying the 4.x documentation will help me understand the prediction function in this build for 5.1?

I just want to be sure I'm learning and using this prediction function in the build correctly.
ameriken

Postby stan » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:21 pm

ameriken wrote:And if I understand correctly, you're saying the 4.x documentation will help me understand the prediction function in this build for 5.1?

yes
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Development versions